Cstove

Installing a new graphics card

Hey so I'm planning on buying a new graphics card but I had a question.  So Ik you first need to uninstall your old drivers.  But my question is when I plug in my new card and I need to install the drivers for it will my PC just display a back screen since I don't have the new drivers yet or how does that work?  If someone could help explain this to me that would be awesome.  Thank you.

12 hours ago, Cstove said:

Hey so I'm planning on buying a new graphics card but I had a question.  So Ik you first need to uninstall your old drivers.  But my question is when I plug in my new card and I need to install the drivers for it will my PC just display a back screen since I don't have the new drivers yet or how does that work?  If someone could help explain this to me that would be awesome.  Thank you.

Should you get a card that has the right sockets for your mobo and should you uninstall your current drivers, the PC should just detect and install drivers for the new card as standard. Nothing fancy. Also if you need to go back and do anything just plug your monitor into your mobo graphics for the time being. Simple my friend, simple! Or, there is something called google which you can use!

9 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

is it compatible with your mainboard?

(no informations, no useful help)

Yes it is.  I have an Asus z170 mb.  My question is like when I plug in my new card and plug into my monitor, will it display anything before I install the new drivers?

33 minutes ago, Cstove said:

Yes it is.  I have an Asus z170 mb.  My question is like when I plug in my new card and plug into my monitor, will it display anything before I install the new drivers?

Are you blind son? I answered that 2 hours ago!

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

Are you blind son? I answered that 2 hours ago!

Sorry lol didn't even see that, thank you!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cstove said:

@Kickapoo So just to clairify one last thing when I uninstall the drivers, my card will still display an output on my monitor?

You probably don't even need to uninstall the old drivers, just put your new card in and install those drivers.

13 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

You probably don't even need to uninstall the old drivers, just put your new card in and install those drivers.

jep. the pc will use it's standard windows driver until the driver is installed xD