Sign in to follow this  
Shypindive

Murder

So from what I understand, we'll be able to investigate the death of a player. Though when I try to rap my head around this, I've also heard that you don't lose the way you look or much when you die. You might lose what your carrying and things like that. AND the player who got murder can just respawn. Wouldn't this allow the victim to just come back and tell the police who murdered him? I'm concerned on how the Developers plan to let this play out and what mechanics they use. In my own Opinion, When a player is completely murdered, they should respawn somewhere else and have them restricted from calling police for lets an hour or something? Either that, and make sure that the Victim can't just snitch on the Attacker.

• Like 1

A simple solution to this would be you would still need evidence of the person murdering the victim, so even if he knew, the guy who killed the victim can still get away with it if there's no evidence for the detective to use on him.

And this is where lawyers and CSI would come into play, they could collect evidence, defend the alledged attacker and so forth such as a real crime scene.

On 25/09/2016 at 5:54 PM, Shypindive said:

When a player is completely murdered

This makes no sense xD. I get what you mean but if someone has been murdered then they are dead full stop, you cannot be just murdered and still be alive! On the other hand on private servers, there will be rules forced upon you by administrators. This sort of thing "NLR" will always be a problem with in role play.

On 11/11/2016 at 4:59 AM, TravisGB said:

And this is where lawyers and CSI would come into play, they could collect evidence, defend the alledged attacker and so forth such as a real crime scene.

There are no CSI, its only Detectives who have the same tools as CSI, and stuff.

On 06/11/2016 at 6:04 AM, Buckets said:

A simple solution to this would be you would still need evidence of the person murdering the victim, so even if he knew, the guy who killed the victim can still get away with it if there's no evidence for the detective to use on him.

Well yes, they need evidence still as the jury might find him not guilty because no evidence but he means by the victim saying who killed him and making him wanted. Also the murderer must win the court case before he gets away.

The answer you are looking for depends on the type of server you'll be on.

On a role play server the answer is both complex and simple. For example: On the server we'll be running the permanent death of a player will need that players prior consent, the reasons for which are quite simple. Role play involves quite a lot of time and effort, & multiple story lines can be woven by and/or around one players character, all of which can go right down the toilet if Billy Badass logs in one evening and wants to go on a killing spree because he's had a bad day.

At the same time, this kind of system requires players willing to actually role play...... We are not going to be running a RL simulator we'll be running a RP sim, and while death is a part of real life, it doesn't have to be included in stories. If you do not wish your character to be killed off, don't involve yourself in stories/situations where you can expect to die, and if you DO (for example the player who decides to be a mobster then thinks that the rules allow him to be able to run around being as bad as he likes) then fully expect moderators to rule you to be permanently dead.

As far as game mechanics go, the Devs have stated that a player can only be flagged as criminal IF there are witnesses to the crime i.e. they are seen and reported, and that cops can only arrest a flagged criminal. Therefore a player who is killed, and then meta-games by reporting his killer, won't matter, you can't call dead people to give evidence in a trial lol.

Unlike fantasy role play, urban role play does require players who are willing to die, for example the life of many a mobster, even those at the top, is more often than not a short lived one. However, in game terms it really does not make that much of a difference for the criminal UNLESS you include the death penalty, jail time for assault with a deadly weapon would be much the same as jail time for murder.

Successful RP servers will need good players, players willing to both live AND die in order to weave the stories that players will create.

• Like 3

Guys try to keep in mind every little step you put into something like a murder will take time and need people to roleplay it out correctly. If you add too many steps into the mix then something will get lost and people will get tired of waiting.

Too many people involved = less fun and more time spent on 1 thing. We can always give murder investigations a time window before its backlogged and everyone moves on or we can document things on the in game system every time we are involved with a player.

There are many ways of keeping track of what we can / should be doing. I know I will be bringing my ideas to the table when it comes to how things are looked at like (murder) from an investigation / roleplay / fun aspect. 

The biggest thing to remember is people are going to get hurt and we are in a space where we need to play the situation out but also try to do our best to serve the situation for what it is. Time and attention will be what kills people into moving faster than they should. That's why we need to keep the steps simple yet effective. 

10330236_10204037940011443_6176293898499115186_n.jpg