Zulnex

To all future First Responders

Hello everyone.

I have recently seen an interesting and educational video, which I will share here. It is very important that all future first responders (police, fire and ambulance) drive carefully when responding to calls.

On numerous occasions while playing some Arma Life mods, I have seen police officers cause accidents due to a total disregard for the safety of others.

I will definitely be applying the techniques learned from this video when I am responding to a call in my ambulance.

Future Identity Paramedic,

Zulnex

Edited by Zulnex
  • Like 8

Thanks for the share, I really hope they will use this. Because like you said. In arma officers somtimes drive like maniacs when responding to a call :P

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

I wonder if this kind of technique can translate to gameplay?

I don't see why we can't pick and choose the more accessible ones and enforce them is. No licence, speeding, running reds, general traffic stops, suspicious behaviour. Looking forward to how much realism we can get going!

17 hours ago, CosmicTony said:

I wonder if this kind of technique can translate to gameplay?

I don't see a reason why not. All future first responders should have common sense. They need to arrive safely in order to provide the required assistance.

Crashing and creating another emergency is not a way to go.

Fingers crossed we can get a good community that doesn't just rush everywhere. Everyone wants to be in the car chase. ;)

• Like 1

This is why I love this community so much. We try to make this game more realistic by finding ways to not kill people. Keep posting stuff like this please @Zulnex. <3

• Like 4

On 9/21/2016 at 3:38 AM, AndrewDonaldson said:

This is why I love this community so much. We try to make this game more realistic by finding ways to not kill people. Keep posting stuff like this please @Zulnex. <3

Well said.

Good effort on this Zulnex

• Like 1

Thank you everyone. I would like to share another video which may be helpful as well.

• Like 1

On 13. Oktober 2016 at 6:10 AM, Zulnex said:

Thank you everyone. I would like to share another video which may be helpful as well.

sadly videos like that don't get enough attention, but thanks to you for shareing it with us!

• Like 1

In real life there are typically restrictions on responding code 3 (with the exception of a police pursuit). It varies by department and type of responder (firefighter/EMS/police). A common restriction for code 3 speed is 15mph above the speed limit for instance. This ensures that when lights/sirens are activated you are able to get on scene in a timely manner but also helps mitigate potentially fatal accidents. You don't want to be responsible for risking lives while trying to save lives!

• Like 1

What disappoints me is a lot of people prefer an arcade style of gameplay.. or because they know there are no real consequences and everyone has their standards set low they think it's okay to just fly down highways, through intersections or whatever recklessly and carelessly.

I hope there will be real hardcore RP servers out there, a server with standards, a reputation to uphold. Like getting into a good college, not that cracktown free shit who wouldn't give a rats ass if you killed yourself.

I've been to ArmA RP servers that have been around for a while. People have tested their boundaries, pushed the limit. Eventually someone finds the line, then what? People take advantage. If we want a community that cares, we need staff that care. Some of the most important things a staff member can have is compassion, dedication, ambition.

I've been a part of new roleplay servers, fresh out of the oven. In the beginning the staff are compassionate about the community, they show dedication and have the ambition to try and uphold the communities reputation and standard for roleplay. I've stood and watched, I would observe the way people performed and roleplayed. At first, people try, reluctant to break character, break immersion, bait, to disvalue life. The RP's good for a while.. eventually people find the line, then more follow. Staff become upset regarding people's standards in RP, they think "If you can't beat them, join them." then who becomes a part of the problem? The compassion they once had.. gone, flickered away like a cold winter breeze. All that remains are the ashes of what used to be a community that desired for quality.. roleplay.. a world to escape to, but not like anything you've witnessed before.. something to respect and lose yourself in, a place you could be graceful to be a part of.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hill
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Hill said:

What disappoints me is a lot of people prefer an arcade style of gameplay.. or because they know there are no real consequences and everyone has their standards set low they think it's okay to just fly down highways, through intersections or whatever recklessly and carelessly.

I hope there will be real hardcore RP servers out there, a server with standards, a reputation to uphold. Like getting into a good college, not that cracktown free shit who wouldn't give a rats ass if you killed yourself.

I've been to ArmA RP servers that have been around for a while. People have tested their boundaries, pushed the limit. Eventually someone finds the line, then what? People take advantage. If we want a community that cares, we need staff that care. Some of the most important things a staff member can have is compassion, dedication, ambition.

I've been a part of new roleplay servers, fresh out of the oven. In the beginning the staff are compassionate about the community, they show dedication and have the ambition to try and uphold the communities reputation and standard for roleplay. I've stood and watched, I would observe the way people performed and roleplayed. At first, people try, reluctant to break character, break immersion, bait, to disvalue life. The RP's good for a while.. eventually people find the line, then more follow. Staff become upset regarding people's standards in RP, they think "If you can't beat them, join them." then who becomes a part of the problem? The compassion they once had.. gone, flickered away like a cold winter breeze. All that remains are the ashes of what used to be a community that desired for quality.. roleplay.. a world to escape to, but not like anything you've witnessed before.. something to respect and lose yourself in, a place you could be graceful to be a part of.

Thoughts?

Perfectly said, and I agree with it. I also would try and make a community which is like it but I can't keep in character long periods and so that's why my community is going to be serious/ hardcore. It is no good if I make a server which is Hardcore RP only if I can't keep to that level and so I also want older staff for the server so that they are taking more seriously than kids.

• Like 1

Hello everyone.

My apologies for re-opening this topic again but there may be some new members which have not seen it yet.

I will share 2 videos as a reminder of what all future first responders may face in Identity. When you see an emergency vehicle with its lights and sirens on, please move out of the way when it's safe to do so. 

In order to save someone's life, first responders face extreme stress trying to get to their victims safely and very quickly. Please note all the hazards these ambulance drivers face on their way.

Kind regards.

Identity Paramedic,

Zulnex

Edited by Zulnex
  • Like 1

I kind of hope there's a written DMV driver's test before being permitted to move on to your driver's course, either automated or handled through DMV associates. I could probably settle as a DMV driver course instructor for those who have sat down and passed the test. It would both be educational and improve role-play.

Edited by Hill
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hill said:

I kind of hope there's a written DMV driver's test before being permitted to move on to your driver's course, either automated or handled through DMV associates. I could probably settle as a DMV driver course instructor for those who have sat down and passed the test. It would both be educational and improve role-play.

What a nice idea! I love it.

• Like 1