Sign in to follow this  
Samblues

Judges & Juries a solution to RDM?

Hello all,

I've searched the forum's for 'RDM', 'Deathmatching' to try to find out how Identity will solve the issue of many other RP games - RDM. 

If for some reason there already is information about this that i missed could you please link me to the specific comment/forum with the answers!

I began pondering what possible ways there are to solve random deathmatching and keep RP without simply unleashing the ban hammer/kicking players off the bat. One solution to this in my eyes would be the allow players to decide if the scenario was RDM / non RP. The way this could be done follows:

Scenario:  'John doe' is walking down the street when suddenly 'ilean Dover' drifts round the corner hops out and shoots poor john in the face, gets back into his car and speeds off. John dies and has to respawn back at his house. After being in shock to what just happened poor John becomes enraged and storms into the Court office building to file for a court case against this random iLean women who shot him in the face. John was smart and recorded 'on his GoPro (Aka OBS or whatever recording software you use to record a game)' and uploads it as unlisted to youtube. He simply fills in an in-game form with his name, the date, the name of the filed against and a link to the footage/evidence.

Now this is where the scenario is up for debate and i want to hear your thoughts. I believe the Judge and Juries should be senior members of a server (e.g they must have a certain amount of hours in-game in that server - for public server atleast) before they can even apply to be a Judge/Jury.  For private servers this simply can be the admin team off the bat or the same as the public servers members who have no criminal record (or a record below a threshhold) who are trusted enough to be given the power of a Judge/jury. What do you think?

- Back onto said scenario. The judge and jury team will look at the evidence before they even meet john and ilean to determine whether there was an RP reason to stop any false claims (e.g someone who is just salty in a RP fire-fight). minutes later John and Ilean (iLean is told to go to court or face a 'point#' and possible a kick/ban from said server) are called to court. John explains his side and points to the evidence, Ilean states her side and gives any evidence (Evidence can be seen from a big screen which plays the submitted evidence). The judges and jury come together to make a decision. If John was just a salty player who actually had robbed or attacked Ilean prior to this encounter and stole a LOT of money from Ilean and she simply was getting revenge then John would receive a 'point#'. However, If ilean was guilty she would receive a 'point#'.

#Points system - a point system could be used to determine punishments. For example, 3 points lead to a day ban from the server, 5 points a week, 7 points 2 weeks, 10 points a ban (from private servers and another week ban from the public servers).

* Judges and Juries will have a lot of power in private servers so could either be elected, based of admins for private servers or to be one you must be approved by server owners. Public server jurys/judges could have access to a seperate forum called 'Point requests' where they note down the outcome to the court hearing. This will be managed by trust moderators or devs (on Identitys side to choose who should be trusted) who will then apply the point (this is to stop corrupt judges/juries from kicking innocent people. 

What do we think of this idea?

• Like 1

• To be honest, in my opinion, rdm can't exist in this game, because of how realistic it is. I go into a bit more detail in my post about death and respawn, but I'll sum it up here and put a link below. I think every type of killing should be allowed, so long as the punishment is suitable and harsh enough to stop people from 'rdming'. I'll use your example 'Ilean Dover'. So let's say this guy does what you described, if there is a good enough law system, he will surely get caught. For one, if he was drifting around the corners there would probably be tire marks for police to find, then the bullet casing, and then also the police would probably get to the scene quite quickly assuming the gunshot was heard and send several police vehicles to find suspicious vehicles speeding away from the scene. Or, the crime could go un-noticed, and the killer never found if there isn't a good CSI system, which I'm sure there will be, and for that matter even if there is 'Ilean Dover' might get away with this rdm, but it's unlikely, and would be  a good bit of roleplay for investigators. But back to the point,  'Ilean Dover ', with his fast cars, nice pistol, presumably plenty of money (Guns are meant to be quite expensive), why would he risk going to jail, and probably losing a fair bit, especially if his property is not legit, why would he waste his time murdering some guy minding his own business walking in what sounds like the middle of nowhere, or at least somewhere with no witnesses.

Anyway, sorry if this sounds a bit harsh, but I do see what you mean, and to be a slightly bigger problem than this is extensive mugging, or maybe like you said killing people with no chance for them to defend themselves, but then looting the body, but hopefully like a said a good crime and punishment system should help tackle this, in a more ic way, not to say that your idea isn't good or anything, to a certain extent anyway :)

Also, I'm really against talking to players after they have respawned, which is why I really don't like that idea, and I go into it in one of my posts, which could be worth reading, but maybe not :)  ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

Well, perfectly explained by @ThatGuyJoe but a few facts: There will mainly only be this problem with 'RDM' in the official servers but I know for a fact that community servers like mine will have rules and staff to enforce them to try and prevent it, but at the same time as what was said in @ThatGuyJoe's post above 'RDM' won't be such a thing and there will probably be a system and part time moderators to stop a little of it. 

8 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well, perfectly explained by @ThatGuyJoe but a few facts: There will mainly only be this problem with 'RDM' in the official servers but I know for a fact that community servers like mine will have rules and staff to enforce them to try and prevent it, but at the same time as what was said in @ThatGuyJoe's post above 'RDM' won't be such a thing and there will probably be a system and part time moderators to stop a little of it. 

Just wondering, what you would class as being rdm?

Anyway, your server sounds really good and I'll have to have a look into it!