Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

Official Civil Argument Post

Hey Guys,

Let's do this, let's argue about things in this post rather than arguing on information threads.. There are 3 rules.

1. Keep it civil (no cursing each other).

2. Make it constructive (Make rational responses and statements).

3. Subject your response before responding (or Quote)

----------

I'll start.

I am tired of seeing people have childish fights on the forum. I would rather them be on their own separate threads. It would be better for us to get all of our feelings out in a safe thread as not to alienate new members of the forum with our comments.

Edited by ChillBilly

3 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

Hey Guys,

Let's do this, let's argue about things in this post rather than arguing on information threads.. There are 3 rules.

----------

I'll start.

I am tired of seeing people have childish fights on the forum. I would rather them be on their own separate threads. It would be better for us to get all of our feelings out in a safe thread as not to alienate new members of the forum with our comments. @JamesLuck01@Kickapoo

Debating....

4 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

No debating, just straight up hollering!

Then in the other post i asked kickapoo a question which i want to know the answer to and you said please don't argue here. A question is a Question. I will ask for opinions if you think its a arguement when asking a question when he quoted me about my answer which i gave to a question, which i got the answer from twitter.

14 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

Hey Guys,

----------

I'll start.

I am tired of seeing people have childish fights on the forum. I would rather them be on their own separate threads. It would be better for us to get all of our feelings out in a safe thread as not to alienate new members of the forum with our comments. @JamesLuck01@Kickapoo

Where is the realism in AI being all over the map/ how can you physically RP with them (they don't talk)? 

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Where is the realism in AI being all over the map/ how can you physically RP with them (they don't talk)? 

There is no realism in that. I think the OP was worried that the fires wouldn't be put out.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

There is no realism in that. I think the OP was worried that the fires wouldn't be put out.

I guess, if no firefighters, then no fires. but yes its annoying that we cant make fires.

EDIT: I forgot to add, early on Narc said he wanted AI to fill the whole map and that new guy agreed, so would it be realistic like that?

Edit 2: I never kickstarted $250 in the kickstarter to get a game with 25 players and AI filling the map. They do that, they will ruin it (or me and a lot more people. I get the point why they are worried but, the game is based off of A3L which strived with an empty map and players only being the ones roaming the world.

Edited by JamesLuck01

30 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I guess, if no firefighters, then no fires. but yes its annoying that we cant make fires.

EDIT: I forgot to add, early on Narc said he wanted AI to fill the whole map and that new guy agreed, so would it be realistic like that?

Edit 2: I never kickstarted $250 in the kickstarter to get a game with 25 players and AI filling the map. They do that, they will ruin it (or me and a lot more people. I get the point why they are worried but, the game is based off of A3L which strived with an empty map and players only being the ones roaming the world.

I believe in getting what you paid for. I do not believe that the AI factor will cause us any issue. I see this as a standalone life game, the first of its kind. Other games might attempt it, but most cannot compare to the knowledge behind that of MoTown.

1 hour ago, ChillBilly said:

I believe in getting what you paid for. I do not believe that the AI factor will cause us any issue. I see this as a standalone life game, the first of its kind. Other games might attempt it, but most cannot compare to the knowledge behind that of MoTown.

Well AI and + 300 players would lag everyone or the server. And I hate it because GTA AI ram you.

25 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well AI and + 300 players would lag everyone or the server. And I hate it because GTA AI ram you.

I don't know why people think this is a gta clone. 

5 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

I don't know why people think this is a gta clone. 

I don't but, i bought it/ pledged knowing that it wouldn't have AI roaming like GTA filling the map. But in the case they fill the map only so if there is 0 players then its 300 AI, then despawn as players join and if above so many players they all despawn, 

38 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I don't but, i bought it/ pledged knowing that it wouldn't have AI roaming like GTA filling the map. But in the case they fill the map only so if there is 0 players then its 300 AI, then despawn as players join and if above so many players they all despawn, 

So that is what you want? Bear in mind again that the programming of AI needs to be of a particularly good level for it not to piss me off, because many open world games, watchdogs, unity etc have AI that are dumb as fuck! And as they may come as second nature due to it being a real player dependent title, there is a risk the devs may put the NPC's second nature in development. However if Motown and his team are actually as they make out then they won't release the game till it's fucking perfect anyway. WHICH BRINGS ME ON TO SAY THAT I think that they shouldn't add any more AI than they absolutely have to, because this in turn devalues the players and their roles in the game somewhat. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

So that is what you want? Bear in mind again that the programming of AI needs to be of a particularly good level for it not to piss me off, because many open world games, watchdogs, unity etc have AI that are dumb as fuck! And as they may come as second nature due to it being a real player dependent title, there is a risk the devs may put the NPC's second nature in development. However if Motown and his team are actually as they make out then they won't release the game till it's fucking perfect anyway. WHICH BRINGS ME ON TO SAY THAT I think that they shouldn't add any more AI than they absolutely have to, because this in turn devalues the players and their roles in the game somewhat. 

Exactly what i thought, why want a player driven game to get filled up with shit AI which decreases the player driven values. But if they do start developing it I hope they allow community servers to choose to have it or not instead of making everyone have them. 

8 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Except for some standard npc that have little to no function, I hope that everything will be player driven. Sure we need some npcs like default cashier so we can get basics like water/food, but in the end, but more than that should be player controlled

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Except for some standard npc that have little to no function, I hope that everything will be player driven. Sure we need some npcs like default cashier so we can get basics like water/food, but in the end, but more than that should be player controlled

Not if satiation is dialed back enough. I hate satiation games, it makes me feel like I am playing a diabetic. If I wanted to play a diabetic I would log out.

if someone calls money a toy he should go study again

@Shimozukachi The physical money was given to kids to play with because they were cheaper than toys. I would prefer you to actually read what I post versus read bits and pieces of it, then start with your arrogant tone. You are very frustrating. I take into account this may be a language barrier thing, yet I cannot help but to believe you are the hugest troll in this community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

@Shimozukachi The physical money was given to kids to play with because they were cheaper than toys. I would prefer you to actually read what I post versus read bits and pieces of it, then start with your arrogant tone. You are very frustrating. I take into account this may be a language barrier thing, yet I cannot help but to believe you are the hugest troll in this community.

He can sometimes say some strange things, you'll get used to it...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

what does argueing change about history? do you think by argueing the first world war will be undone? just get it. a german that studied longer than you both are alive and that knows people that survived that time should know it. now fuck off and go trust and obey trump goddamn it. lauchboy: i've tryed to be polite to you but you're always pushing it and welp, now it's coming back like a boomerang: fuck off with your brain that was as little as a yelly bean (you've ate at after dismissing it with a yelly bean.).

He made a point about when Germany had a bad economy, using is as an example of inflation and you came back with insulting the entire united states calling everyone fat and talking about trump. That doesn't change the fact that Germany had a messed up economy at one point. Then you say youve been studying Germany longer than any of us have been alive..nice try but it says your birthday on your page you arent even 20. Stop acting like youre better than everyone seriously stop being so rude about everything. You've proved many times that you completely talk out of your ass. Grow up

15 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

what does argueing change about history? do you think by argueing the first world war will be undone? just get it. a german that studied longer than you both are alive and that knows people that survived that time should know it. now fuck off and go trust and obey trump goddamn it. lauchboy: i've tryed to be polite to you but you're always pushing it and welp, now it's coming back like a boomerang: fuck off with your brain that was as little as a yelly bean (you've ate at after dismissing it with a yelly bean.).

You didn't read the instructions of this post. So your argument is invalid. @HairyGrenade can you please remove his reply according to Rule #1.

10 hours ago, WillyVortex said:

He made a point about when Germany had a bad economy, using is as an example of inflation and you came back with insulting the entire united states calling everyone fat and talking about trump. That doesn't change the fact that Germany had a messed up economy at one point. Then you say youve been studying Germany longer than any of us have been alive..nice try but it says your birthday on your page you arent even 20. Stop acting like youre better than everyone seriously stop being so rude about everything. You've proved many times that you completely talk out of your ass. Grow up

He didn't read the rules of the post here.. Have you ever been to Berlin, @WillyVortex? They kind of ignore that the years 1929-1948 exist in Germany.. They treat it like they were all on vacation. I will admit that the Reichstag was pretty cool. Not to mention, my parents took me to the Neuschwanstein Castle when I finished my masters in history. It's a great vacation if you ever find yourself wanting to see that kind of stuff..

Don't worry about him. He's proven to me that he is just a normal angry kid with a lot to prove.

Edited by ChillBilly

On 22/06/2016 at 2:51 PM, ChillBilly said:

He didn't read the rules of the post here.. Have you ever been to Berlin, @WillyVortex? They kind of ignore that the years 1929-1948 exist in Germany.. They treat it like they were all on vacation. I will admit that the Reichstag was pretty cool. Not to mention, my parents took me to the Neuschwanstein Castle when I finished my masters in history. It's a great vacation if you ever find yourself wanting to see that kind of stuff..

Don't worry about him. He's proven to me that he is just a normal angry kid with a lot to prove.

I'd rather go somewhere hot with a nice long beach.