Sign in to follow this  

Hey Developers!

I just found about about your game, and it sounds like a lot of fun! I was wondering if there is a any chance of having a house in the woods? And if so, can u customize it? Like, repainting, maybe get a pool, plant flowers etc etc. Thank you!

Edited by whiskeysalad

1 hour ago, whiskeysalad said:

Hey Developers!

I just found about about your game, and it sounds like a lot of fun! I was wondering if there is a any chance of having a house in the woods? And if so, can u customize it? Like, repainting, maybe get a pool, plant flowers etc etc. Thank you!

Firstly, there will be probably a house in the woods but you won't be able to paint the exterior of it, only the interior. 

2. You can plant things like flowers most likely.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Firstly, there will be probably a house in the woods but you won't be able to paint the exterior of it, only the interior. 

2. You can plant things like flowers most likely.

Too bad! Would be cool to paint and rebuild maybe an old house or so! :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, whiskeysalad said:

The reason for this may be because on some of the larger buildings such as apartment buildings once the player enters they will be sent straight to their own room but it is in fact only one room which makes up the entire complex, like GTA 5. Of course this means that while interior customisation will be limited to only one small area that the player owns, exterior customisation of a building will likely not be possible due to it being a shared space and to stop people creating trashy looking buildings. However terraforming is a concept that has been confirmed to an extent, meaning your customisation powers shouldn't be completely redundant. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

The reason for this may be because on some of the larger buildings such as apartment buildings once the player enters they will be sent straight to their own room but it is in fact only one room which makes up the entire complex, like GTA 5. Of course this means that while interior customisation will be limited to only one small area that the player owns, exterior customisation of a building will likely not be possible due to it being a shared space and to stop people creating trashy looking buildings. However terraforming is a concept that has been confirmed to an extent, meaning your customisation powers shouldn't be completely redundant. 

I see, but what if u could buy an entire spot?`Keep the original house but just customize it :)

4 minutes ago, whiskeysalad said:

You quoted me a second time, didn't you mean to quote kickapoo?

They said the reason we won't be able to repaint or customize the outside of houses is mainly because of network performance, if each house was customized on the outside it might cause lag (roughly 300 houses)

also there is a search bar, if you have other questions there's probably a thread about it :)

Edited by WillyVortex
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, WillyVortex said:

They said the reason we won't be able to repaint or customize the outside of houses is mainly because of network performance, if each house was customized on the outside it might cause lag (roughly 300 houses)

also there is a search bar, if you have other questions there's probably a thread about it :)

Take reign of kings or life is feudal, your own as examples, they both have large network issues due to buildings being placed everywhere 

I did not mean to build anywhere on the island. I mean if there could be surten areas that like in The Sims, you get a piece of land there and u build. I know buildings causes lag-issues and other issues, but maybe if it is controlled to a surten area this will not happend? Also would be fun to be able to buy a shitty house and then buy the upgrades with hard earned money, and OFCOURSE the upgrades will already be PREbuild by the develepers, the only thing you can decide is what u want to upgrade :)

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:11 PM, whiskeysalad said:

Hey Developers!

Hey WhiskeySalad, Welcome to the forums by the way, love your name. Kinda want some whiskey in my salad now.
Now for your suggestion, I would be afraid that painting houses and even placing houses would cause lag, do you have any suggestions that may combat that problem?
Also, you should check out the apartments as well. The houses, as far as I know will be available for purchase and for rent, and the apartments are instanced so pretty much everyone will have one. Motown is a talented developer I am more than confident he will come up with something we are all going to like.

Awesome suggestion!

Hey Chillbilly and thank you for your kind words. I just thought by having an already prebuild house would minimize the lag issues. I am in no way looking for a "building game", but customizing is always something I will enjoy doing! But I see what you mean with instances, like the ones in GTA, right? I guess my suggestion is not a good one for this type of game! But maybe the devs will figure something out :) cheers!

18 minutes ago, whiskeysalad said:

Hey Chillbilly and thank you for your kind words. I just thought by having an already prebuild house would minimize the lag issues. I am in no way looking for a "building game", but customizing is always something I will enjoy doing! But I see what you mean with instances, like the ones in GTA, right? I guess my suggestion is not a good one for this type of game! But maybe the devs will figure something out :) cheers!

All suggestions are good suggestions. Think of us as an affordable think tank. It's a great suggestion! Lag is the problem.

You can only customize the inside, multiple people can have the same house, but be completely different because of the instance. Building your own house isn't likely due to lag issues, which was already said in this thread. Buying your own land is probably likely, but again, you probably won't be able to build anything on it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

You can only customize the inside, multiple people can have the same house, but be completely different because of the instance. Building your own house isn't likely due to lag issues, which was already said in this thread. Buying your own land is probably likely, but again, you probably won't be able to build anything on it. 

to be exactly: number of people living in the same house/apartment = same amount of bedrooms

7 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

multiple people can have the same house, but be completely different because of the instance.  

Its actually apartments being instanced and there are only 300 houses, and if they are bought then You can't buy them as they are owned. Apartments though can be bought either way.

2 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

to be exactly: number of people living in the same house/apartment = same amount of bedrooms

I didn't know that. Thanks

14 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Its actually apartments being instanced and there are only 300 houses, and if they are bought then You can't buy them as they are owned. Apartments though can be bought either way.

I also didn't know this xD 

Thanks guys for being so specific. 

• Like 3

On 2016-06-17 at 4:57 PM, ChillBilly said:

All suggestions are good suggestions. Think of us as an affordable think tank. It's a great suggestion! Lag is the problem.

Thanks mate!