Tangled

Worried that families won't be in the game!

I read very little about families and since its a simulator will it also focus around that or is it more you pick a job and you just start getting active? There is no active NPC and everything is done by players so i don't think its possible to have a family in the game. So it is hard to play the game when all you see is adults running around? :( 

I would love to see that there are smart NPC being family members so the city comes alive! Do you know there are lots of fans who are dying to see this from the sims series? So if no smart NPC then its a big lost because this game is rare simulator! 

And also i don't see alot of ideas being talk about how families can be run and what they do? Will they be schools to go too for instant?  

All the search i have done shows that families are more about gangs and crime. :( So if no emphasis is brought to make families like in real life then it would only be like game such as GTV 5 so the game will be all about fighting and bringing in the criminals. 

I like to also add that there is Chronicles of elyria and they have built into their game families but its more low fantasy. So why should they be getting all the fans who love to play as families? Identity should also be about families too and making it so it just as important as crime. 

Very worried that this game will become just a job simulator with hardly any believable virtual world, just a playground of crime. :( So please tell me this is not going to happen! Because there do not seem to be any interest in the community about wanting this? So what is the point to have a home? Customize character if it is all going to be alone? You can have players but its better with NPC because they will stay in role play and they can always be there when you want them to and follow orders and even sometimes disobey because of personality. 

http://chroniclesofelyria.gamepedia.com/Families#Children

Edited by Tangled

1 hour ago, Tangled said:

I read very little about families and since its a simulator will it also focus around that or is it more you pick a job and you just start getting active? There is no active NPC and everything is done by players so i don't think its possible to have a family in the game. So it is hard to play the game when all you see is adults running around? :( 

I would love to see that there are smart NPC being family members so the city comes alive! Do you know there are lots of fans who are dying to see this from the sims series? So if no smart NPC then its a big lost because this game is rare simulator! 

And also i don't see alot of ideas being talk about how families can be run and what they do? Will they be schools to go too for instant?  

All the search i have done shows that families are more about gangs and crime. :( So if no emphasis is brought to make families like in real life then it would only be like game such as GTV 5 so the game will be all about fighting and bringing in the criminals. 

I like to also add that there is Chronicles of elyria and they have built into their game families but its more low fantasy. So why should they be getting all the fans who love to play as families? Identity should also be about families too and making it so it just as important as crime. 

Very worried that this game will become just a job simulator with hardly any believable virtual world, just a playground of crime. :( So please tell me this is not going to happen! Because there do not seem to be any interest in the community about wanting this? So what is the point to have a home? Customize character if it is all going to be alone? You can have players but its better with NPC because they will stay in role play and they can always be there when you want them to and follow orders and even sometimes disobey because of personality. 

The  whole 'family'  thin g you keep seing people talking about.. its not a 'mommy and daddy  lets take our son to the park' kind of things.. its a Mafia thing... Mafias usually called eachother a family because  they were all close to one another and would treat  everyone like they would treat there own family  members.

so if you want an NPC family go play  the sims....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tangled said:

Alsooo this part here.....

you can  share houses with your friends, or do share house with randoms or roomates Ect... so you wont  always be alone...

And of  course if you had friends playing  you could Roleplay a family.. like you could be brother and sister? or something..

This isnt a life simulator they wont have every possible  thing to do with  life  itself... so  you wouldent  be able to be a 10 year old because of the use of violence, drugs, ect.  within the game play..

Its a silly idea to even think it would be a good idea to have NPC family  members...  this  isnt  a  childrens game.

and the point  of customising your character is in the title itself....   Identity.

no npcs. npcs are stupid and useless. if you want a city that's alive you'll have to join an almost completely filled server. why no kids? because the devs said no. criminal's sandbox? no, because anti griefing and because you can use your character on every official server

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 3:37 AM, Tangled said:

Don't go play the sims as suggested. You are about to embark on a journey. I think, if you aren't already involved in hard core role play servers in Arma 3, you are going to be surprised. Not all families are "mafia types" You will see tons of families spring up, sons, fathers, mothers, daughters, brothers and sisters. You will forget that NPC families even held a place in your heart.
The friends you are going to gain are going to astound you.

It's not fair for anyone to tell you to go play something else, so don't listen to them, you are welcome here and I think you will be very surprised!
Glad to have you!

Edited by ChillBilly
  • Like 2

This game is not just about descending into anarchy due to criminals. You have to look in depth into criminal organisations as each has its own unique RP aspect. For instance my MC will be running guns, but its not just that. We do way more than just shoot up people in the street. Ridealongs, funerals and other such is the other RP scenarios that my group will be getting involved in with many more.

The closest youll get to a family is the ability to marry another player. There is no children in the game which is both a pro and con but thats whats good about RP games, it uses your imagination. Now i dont know about you, but for me, when it comes to RP i have a lot of imagination. For example, yes all the characters in the game are adults but you can always RP a married couple with a teen son or daughter who is about to go to uni or just even RP a small family.

Unfortunately you wont get any closer than that,

Sorry

Herzog

• Like 2

npcs?

enough? okay.

identity won't be the sims as multiplayer game, but you can find people that act like babys :D

Edited by Shimozukachi
los muchos contentos friendos
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2016 at 7:43 PM, Miki_Chee said:

The  whole 'family'  thin g you keep seing people talking about.. its not a 'mommy and daddy  lets take our son to the park' kind of things.. its a Mafia thing... Mafias usually called eachother a family because  they were all close to one another and would treat  everyone like they would treat there own family  members.

so if you want an NPC family go play  the sims....

There are many games for combat too so identity is not bringing out anything different anyway because there is another MMO all about Police and crime. And if mafia is so important you can even play Assassins or even mafia single games? So what is so different with Identity then if it just all about police and crime?

Identity is a simulator but is it just a simulator for crime and police? 

And I think many of you are failing to understand that having families like in the sims will draw in players that like doing this because I read you got jobs to do in the city? Not everyone will want to fight crime and we will see how successful identity becomes? Will it be something different that it will bring to MMO or just another shooter stealth game like Assassin? 

So perhaps your right this game is not for me then and just hack slash make your home game.  

However what I say is back by massive successful developers so sit down and process that for a while! Before trashing my ideas and say go away. Cause in doing so you will be losing a huge chunk of backers:) 

You make fun of the NPC and say how crazy they are? Well that is spiting into the face of successful developer who have got tons of support and success on this very thing!  

Just feel very sad you all are very mean and not very welcoming and do not have creative vision for bringing the world alive because if you did you won't just make fun of families and NPC. 

Even the developer of Identity will tell you all are wrong! It not just a dumb silly idea! :) 

But never mind as you all have said its not a game where you can have families and live our their live in a virtual world it just guns and crime. The developer should make it very clear the main theme is about guns and crime and all other things like families are just decorative. 

Its not really about simulating a real world just another open world to fight in. But this time you can build houses and have jobs that related to crimes and guns like most fantasy games out there.

I will just stick with games that already has all the things Identity has to offer. :) 

And I hope you live by the standards you have set and never play with games that has families or NPC because they are just silly ideas! Don't play combat with AI in them only players, don't player RTS games because they have AI in them. 

Edited by Tangled

On the npc front (and I will only mention npc's here) I feel that including more npc's than are necessary would be a bad move for Asylum. Not only would it make the game feel like a GTA (I do enjoy GTA, but still) when you look at the AI made by companies that make hundreds of millions, with thousands of employs, and more often then not there AI are terrible. While I have faith that Asylum will be making a fantastic game with Identity they are a very small studio. And finally added the mechanics would greatly delay the release of the game, and likely ruin immersion. Should modding be supported (and I hope they do), someone one day may try to make a mod that would satisfy that, but at the end of the day Identity will most likely be like the Arma life mods on steroids (after all, that is where Asylum began iirc)

9 hours ago, Tangled said:

There are many games for combat too so identity is not bringing out anything different anyway because there is another MMO all about Police and crime. And if mafia is so important you can even play Assassins or even mafia single games? So what is so different with Identity then if it just all about police and crime?

Identity is a simulator but is it just a simulator for crime and police? 

And I think many of you are failing to understand that having families like in the sims will draw in players that like doing this because I read you got jobs to do in the city? Not everyone will want to fight crime and we will see how successful identity becomes? Will it be something different that it will bring to MMO or just another shooter stealth game like Assassin? 

So perhaps your right this game is not for me then and just hack slash make your home game.  

However what I say is back by massive successful developers so sit down and process that for a while! Before trashing my ideas and say go away. Cause in doing so you will be losing a huge chunk of backers:) 

You make fun of the NPC and say how crazy they are? Well that is spiting into the face of successful developer who have got tons of support and success on this very thing!  

Just feel very sad you all are very mean and not very welcoming and do not have creative vision for bringing the world alive because if you did you won't just make fun of families and NPC. 

Even the developer of Identity will tell you all are wrong! It not just a dumb silly idea! :) 

But never mind as you all have said its not a game where you can have families and live our their live in a virtual world it just guns and crime. The developer should make it very clear the main theme is about guns and crime and all other things like families are just decorative. 

Its not really about simulating a real world just another open world to fight in. But this time you can build houses and have jobs that related to crimes and guns like most fantasy games out there.

I will just stick with games that already has all the things Identity has to offer. :) 

And I hope you live by the standards you have set and never play with games that has families or NPC because they are just silly ideas! Don't play combat with AI in them only players, don't player RTS games because they have AI in them. 

DO NOT GO AWAY!

This community needs thinkers like you. I think it's a great suggestion. Please do not let the negative and rude comments from others effect how you see this community.