Wetter42

Filler Ped/Ai's

Question

This question's been eating at me for a while now.  Imagine a town where a fire happens in the town, but no one wants to be a fireman/woman.  Will there be "filler" ai's to handle the situation until an actual player decides to become a fireman.  Will the ai return when the fireman player logs off? What if there's a bank robbery and all of the police officers are in different timezones?

(This question applys to pretty much all the essential unfilled careers/jobs)

23 answers to this question

3 minutes ago, Narc said:

GTA isnt a game for me because you cant roleplay on that piece of shit, let alone play with more then 30 players. Your initial response ' go play gta ' sounds like you're a prepubescent 12 year old. 

Well I said that as because you want 1 of the main features which is in that game, well the biggest feature when playing the game and Identity is a game which is unique and the main thing is players, they would have no AI if they could but some things cannot be player run as not everything will work as player run. Also most of the AI is to remove the jobs that the devs don't think are worth having as a player feature/ are pointless boring jobs. 

Also I guess your around the age of 15 - 18 the way you respond and I really doubt you are 18.

Only AI to my understanding is unfortunatley only going to be the fillers for stores and stuff because no one really is going to rp working at a register for a game, and if someone would, there wouldnt be many to fill for every shop on every server in identity.

4 hours ago, Wetter42 said:

This question's been eating at me for a while now.  Imagine a town where a fire happens in the town, but no one wants to be a fireman/woman.  Will there be "filler" ai's to handle the situation until an actual player decides to become a fireman.  Will the ai return when the fireman player logs off? What if there's a bank robbery and all of the police officers are in different timezones?

(This question applys to pretty much all the essential unfilled careers/jobs)

Well firstly no, ai's wont fill the slots and also fires will only happen in certain areas but that if a firefighter is online. Fires cannot be player started and randomly occur. But why would a fire occur if there are no firefighters are online.

1 hour ago, Narc said:

Only AI to my understanding is unfortunatley only going to be the fillers for stores and stuff because no one really is going to rp working at a register for a game, and if someone would, there wouldnt be many to fill for every shop on every server in identity.

You are right but also why do you say unfortunately to only having little amount of ai's which you won't see driving vehicles.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well firstly no, ai's wont fill the slots and also fires will only happen in certain areas but that if a firefighter is online. Fires cannot be player started and randomly occur. But why would a fire occur if there are no firefighters are online.

You are right but also why do you say unfortunately to only having little amount of ai's which you won't see driving vehicles.

I say unfortunatley because it would be nice to see a living city, amongst other players, meaning ai walking around and driving and stuff, even though it couldnt work will 300 player servers, it would look 100x better, because from experience in other roleplay mods/games if you want to be immersed within the surroundings, AI is what you need and what roleplay mods/games dont have.

4 minutes ago, Narc said:

I say unfortunatley because it would be nice to see a living city, amongst other players, meaning ai walking around and driving and stuff, even though it couldnt work will 300 player servers, it would look 100x better, because from experience in other roleplay mods/games if you want to be immersed within the surroundings, AI is what you need and what roleplay mods/games dont have.

well you have GTA, go play that game. This community don't want another GTA, AI's ramjming you and shit, damaging your car and then you have to pay for repairs because i believe that putting your car in the garage won't fix it.

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

well you have GTA, go play that game. This community don't want another GTA, AI's ramjming you and shit, damaging your car and then you have to pay for repairs because i believe that putting your car in the garage won't fix it.

Have a cry kid, i dont want to play gta, i paid 150$ for this game, just because you bitch and want me to play gta doesnt mean i dont have the right to my own opinion, im sure the devs would like to implement AI to make the city more vibrant. Stfu.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Narc said:

Have a cry kid, i dont want to play gta, i paid 150$ for this game, just because you bitch and want me to play gta doesnt mean i dont have the right to my own opinion, im sure the devs would like to implement AI to make the city more vibrant. Stfu.

I didnt say you cant play this, I stated that GTA is the game you are pretty much is what you are asking for "AI" making identity not unique and not very realistic. Also I am not a kid, I probs be older than you, just from how you reply.

Edited by JamesLuck01

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I didnt say you cant play this, I stated that GTA is the game you are pretty much is what you are asking for "AI" making identity not unique and not very realistic. Also I am not a kid, I probs be older than you, just from how you reply.

GTA isnt a game for me because you cant roleplay on that piece of shit, let alone play with more then 30 players. Your initial response ' go play gta ' sounds like you're a prepubescent 12 year old. 

• Like 1

Well that's a immature and stupid response to randomly come out of the blue with, just because my opinion doesn't match yours. You're telling me exactly what I already said, I never said I didn't know why there was only AI for shops, I explained it in my first reply to the OP's question.

Well you're wrong, again. Why does it even matter what age I am? I've seen 14-15 year olds that are more intellectually there, then you, and more mature.

14 minutes ago, Narc said:

Well that's a immature and stupid response to randomly come out of the blue with, just because my opinion doesn't match yours. You're telling me exactly what I already said, I never said I didn't know why there was only AI for shops, I explained it in my first reply to the OP's question.

Well you're wrong, again. Why does it even matter what age I am? I've seen 14-15 year olds that are more intellectually there, then you, and more mature.

I didnt say anything immature, I stated my opinion of what Kids below 18 yrs old say and that you are calling me a kid when you a kid yourself. Also I didn't say you didn't know why there will be little AI in identity, I staed that you wanted to move the biggest unrealistic feature to a game which is removing that very aspect out. So I was stating facts, so I am not wrong and your answer in your first post is no wrong. Also how am I immature for stating anything i have said as I dont see anything I said being immature.

9 minutes ago, Narc said:

Not all kids say the same thing you dumb idiot. I am not a kid, unless you believe 22 year olds are kids, I called you a kid because of your random initial response which was ' go play gta ' which is the stupidest thing ever because I'm after roleplay and if I wasn't, I wouldn't be on here, not to mention it didn't help putting in your 2 cents. You repeated what I said in the first answer to the OP question, in your own way so I was saying that you're acting like I didn't know about why there's only AI in shops, read it again if you have to fuck sake. Stating facts? how is guessing my age between 15-18, stating facts? stfu.

I didnt say my guess for your age was a fact (also i guessed that you were that age and didn't state that you were). Also I only said "Go play gta" because you want more AI in Identity and that response don't make me 12. Well it also was a quick response to wanting AI like GTA. Lastly I mainly expanded to why AI was een in the game and how the devs cant remove them fully as because they are needed for some things which would not go well as player controlled.

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Its obviously nothing like GTA...just because there are ai's to handle real life natural occurrences like fires makes it nothing like GTA.  If there are filler ai's such as peds to be robbed, or fishermen to handle the food sales, or shopkeepers to hold over shops, or business owners that are willing to sell you their businesses, then it makes the world more immersive.  If there's no fireman in a town, does that prevent the fires from starting? no. Does that necessarily make it like GTA? no it doesent...

9 hours ago, Wetter42 said:

Its obviously nothing like GTA...just because there are ai's to handle real life natural occurrences like fires makes it nothing like GTA.  If there are filler ai's such as peds to be robbed, or fishermen to handle the food sales, or shopkeepers to hold over shops, or business owners that are willing to sell you their businesses, then it makes the world more immersive.  If there's no fireman in a town, does that prevent the fires from starting? no. Does that necessarily make it like GTA? no it doesent...

Obviously you didnt read, he wants AI's driving around the world like GTA and that is the biggest feature which is removed from the game. Also yes it may make it feel more immersive, seeing cars on the roads all the time, but it is not realistic because you cannot interact with them as they are not real players. And if they added AI driving around like in GTA, it may feel the world with cars or AI walking around, but then you get them retarded AI who ram your car and how would they pay for the repairs, they cannot. How would a player cop catch a AI which speeds or goes through a red light.

On June 5, 2016 at 0:22 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

Obviously you didnt read, he wants AI's driving around the world like GTA and that is the biggest feature which is removed from the game. Also yes it may make it feel more immersive, seeing cars on the roads all the time, but it is not realistic because you cannot interact with them as they are not real players. And if they added AI driving around like in GTA, it may feel the world with cars or AI walking around, but then you get them retarded AI who ram your car and how would they pay for the repairs, they cannot. How would a player cop catch a AI which speeds or goes through a red light.

THAT'S the point of this thread.  I feel as if the world would be empty without these bed/fillers.  Not to mention it's a good way to train.  Unless, there is just 1 server worldwide, it will be impossible to achieve a full, and living server complete with everyone doing everything.  

8 hours ago, Wetter42 said:

THAT'S the point of this thread.  I feel as if the world would be empty without these bed/fillers.  Not to mention it's a good way to train.  Unless, there is just 1 server worldwide, it will be impossible to achieve a full, and living server complete with everyone doing everything.  

Well if there are the AI like GTA then there will be max 25 players on a server, now is that what you want?

Also Altis life dont have AI walking around either.

Edited by JamesLuck01

No,  but without this, in about 3 months, the server's are going to be empty. Now is THAT what you want?

Arma 3 (The basis of this Altis life thing) is based on a world-war game so of course it's supposed to be empty...

And of course it's easy to fill up a room when there's only about 20-25 players on a server, but is that same number sufficient when trying to fill up a map?  Not likely.  What are you going to do if there are no cops around?  I hope you see where I'm getting at.  This sounds like a fun game, but realistically, numbers draw other players, and if there's not an AI system to make the world seem as real as the game developers are trying to make this game, then it will end up being less crowded by players.  Less players = even LESS players...

On 14/06/2016 at 5:31 PM, Wetter42 said:

No,  but without this, in about 3 months, the server's are going to be empty. Now is THAT what you want?

Arma 3 (The basis of this Altis life thing) is based on a world-war game so of course it's supposed to be empty...

And of course it's easy to fill up a room when there's only about 20-25 players on a server, but is that same number sufficient when trying to fill up a map?  Not likely.  What are you going to do if there are no cops around?  I hope you see where I'm getting at.  This sounds like a fun game, but realistically, numbers draw other players, and if there's not an AI system to make the world seem as real as the game developers are trying to make this game, then it will end up being less crowded by players.  Less players = even LESS players...

Well keep the idea / thought about it happening but The devs want to make a pop count of 300 players per server, thats there goal and them implementing ai like GTA will not allow the pop count to be that high.... So I doubt it will happen. Also If anything, i would more or less ask them to not put it as a default thing but more like have it as a option for those who want it can just select it for their private server. So the little amount who want it can go play a small pop server, you can also ask em to make 1 official server like it too but doubtfull.

This game is based off of Perp and A3L and neither have ai like GTA.

Edited by JamesLuck01

On 6/14/2016 at 5:31 PM, Wetter42 said:

In 3 months it's going to be empty? yea definitely just like Arma Altis Life right as far as I know that's still not empty after around 2-3 years lmao

@JamesLuck01 Dude you need to chill! And what do you mean fires cannot be player started and start randomly instead? Where's the realism in that?

30 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@JamesLuck01 Dude you need to chill! And what do you mean fires cannot be player started and start randomly instead? Where's the realism in that?

They stated that the fires are not player started but instead randomised. ask the devs.

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

They stated that the fires are not player started but instead randomised. ask the devs.

Oh right that sounds kinda suckish 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Oh right that sounds kinda suckish 

Yes but that sacrifice is better than having AI roam would you say?

20 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes but that sacrifice is better than having AI roam would you say?

I guess compromises will have to be made in certain areas

• Like 1