Hello there.

This is more of a question than a suggestion or idea.

I bet this will interest more people than just me, especially the ones who are looking to build a new computer right now or in the near future, or perhaps just want to upgrade their GPU to the newly announced RX 480s. 

Is this game built on dx12? and can you expand on the system requirements? You mentioned that this game will be using requirements close to the new games coming out today. Say I purchased a mainstream computer with a graphics card in the range of an R9 380x, GTX 960, R9 390, or GTX 970 would we be able to play this game on ultra settings at 1440p? Please elaborate on this!

10 hours ago, masuderman said:

Hello there.

This is more of a question than a suggestion or idea.

I bet this will interest more people than just me, especially the ones who are looking to build a new computer right now or in the near future, or perhaps just want to upgrade their GPU to the newly announced RX 480s. 

Is this game built on dx12? and can you expand on the system requirements? You mentioned that this game will be using requirements close to the new games coming out today. Say I purchased a mainstream computer with a graphics card in the range of an R9 380x, GTX 960, R9 390, or GTX 970 would we be able to play this game on ultra settings at 1440p? Please elaborate on this!

Well I have the GTX 970 and they said that if you can run ARK then you will run this fine, but I don't know how high the graphics settings we can put on e.g. max settings. I am not sure about that because they have not said any requirements specifically because they don't want to give false info as its too early to say. I can tell you I run ARK fine, and so can my friend and he has like a GTX 660 or something but I would go and get the best graphics card you can afford which you said a decent few. GTX 970 or equivalent or 960, but if you want to get complete max settings for sure, save for the newly announced GTX 1080/ 1070. 1070 will not be too high in price. £620 for the 1080 founders edition. normal edition for 1080 will be cheaper, and so fourth.

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I have the GTX 970 and they said that if you can run ARK then you will run this fine, but I don't know how high the graphics settings we can put on e.g. max settings. I am not sure about that because they have not said any requirements specifically because they don't want to give false info as its too early to say. I can tell you I run ARK fine, and so can my friend and he has like a GTX 660 or something but I would go and get the best graphics card you can afford which you said a decent few. GTX 970 or equivalent or 960, but if you want to get complete max settings for sure, save for the newly announced GTX 1080/ 1070. 1070 will not be too high in price. £620 for the 1080 founders edition. normal edition for 1080 will be cheaper, and so fourth.

Okay thank you for this. Now the only question remains; will this be a dx11 or dx12 title? I would very much appreciate feedback on this.

1 hour ago, masuderman said:

Okay thank you for this. Now the only question remains; will this be a dx11 or dx12 title? I would very much appreciate feedback on this.

Will work for both. but not sure.

Edited by JamesLuck01

7 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Sorry to seem a bit offhand here but if your friend states he can run ARK fine with a GTX 660 he's fucking lying, you can't get consistent 60 fps on high on it without a 980ti, and to run it flawlessly on max its recommended you use a Titan, it even says next to the preset graphics settings in game.

46 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Sorry to seem a bit offhand here but if your friend states he can run ARK fine with a GTX 660 he's fucking lying, you can't get consistent 60 fps on high on it without a 980ti, and to run it flawlessly on max its recommended you use a Titan, it even says next to the preset graphics settings in game.

My friend don't get 60 fps on high, he gets 40 but its not consistent. but its still ok. and the 660 can run ark, which thats enough to run Identity. I didnt state he could run it on high settings either.

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

My friend don't get 60 fps on high, he gets 40 but its not consistent. but its still ok. and the 660 can run ark, which thats enough to run Identity. I didnt state he could run it on high settings either.

Yeah i should have been a bit clearer. I don't wish to just run Identity. I wish to play it at decent frames >60 and have my settings maxed at 1080p. 

5 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

At which resolution do you require a 980ti or titan for ark? Is this at 1080p or 1440p?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, masuderman said:

Yeah i should have been a bit clearer. I don't wish to just run Identity. I wish to play it at decent frames >60 and have my settings maxed at 1080p. 

At which resolution do you require a 980ti or titan for ark? Is this at 1080p or 1440p?

If you want to get a 980ti, its no point. You may aswell go the extra little bit to get the 1080 founders edition. Look, scroll down to the spec chart: 1080 review You will see the launch price for the 1080 is $599/$699 and the 980Ti is $649 at launch, but also the 1080 has 2x the power of the Titan x and also the 1080 don't require as much power for it than the 980TI, if you look at the charts by searching on google.

27 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

If you want to get a 980ti, its no point. You may aswell go the extra little bit to get the 1080 founders edition. Look, scroll down to the spec chart: 1080 review You will see the launch price for the 1080 is $599/$699 and the 980Ti is $649 at launch, but also the 1080 has 2x the power of the Titan x and also the 1080 don't require as much power for it than the 980TI, if you look at the charts by searching on google.

I am very well aware of the existence of the gtx 1080. I never said i want a 980ti. I want to get the Rx 480. I just wanted to know at which resolution it struggles because if it is 1440p then i'll be safe with the 489. Else the optimization of the game will be extremely poor.

53 minutes ago, masuderman said:

I am very well aware of the existence of the gtx 1080. I never said i want a 980ti. I want to get the Rx 480. I just wanted to know at which resolution it struggles because if it is 1440p then i'll be safe with the 489. Else the optimization of the game will be extremely poor.

fair enough