Vince

Modules? Updates? Full Release?

Of course I'm gonna get heaps of people telling me to "shut up because they're working on it", etc, but since a lot of us here have put money into this I think we are allowed to at least ask. At least 1 module was supposed to have been released already, but we haven't seen any. Same deal with updates, even though there is now a devblog, we get very few updates. This is half addressed to the staff / devs, asking if we'll see anything concrete soon, but also half addressed to the people who shoot down anybody who asks this question. 

Thoughts?

• Like 7

Shut up they're working on it! Nah, just kidding. I too think that updates should be a lot more frequent even if it is just showing off a single new feature and i would like to think that the town square would be out by now myself. Unfortunately though we just have to sit tight as its just a small team trying to make such an ambitious game. They did say that the recent video/update was delayed as they wanted to add in some other features to be able to show off the true potential of house customization. We just got to be patient man but i will agree that we should at least see some more updates and the devs need to communicate with the community a lot more.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Herzog said:

Shut up they're working on it! Nah, just kidding. I too think that updates should be a lot more frequent even if it is just showing off a single new feature and i would like to think that the town square would be out by now myself. Unfortunately though we just have to sit tight as its just a small team trying to make such an ambitious game. They did say that the recent video/update was delayed as they wanted to add in some other features to be able to show off the true potential of house customization. We just got to be patient man but i will agree that we should at least see some more updates and the devs need to communicate with the community a lot more.

2 hours ago, Johnny said:

Of course I'm gonna get heaps of people telling me to "shut up because they're working on it", etc, but since a lot of us here have put money into this I think we are allowed to at least ask. At least 1 module was supposed to have been released already, but we haven't seen any. Same deal with updates, even though there is now a devblog, we get very few updates. This is half addressed to the staff / devs, asking if we'll see anything concrete soon, but also half addressed to the people who shoot down anybody who asks this question. 

Thoughts?

Totally you both pretty much summed it up, I am too patient and well I really want to already play the darn game.

Devs, we don't want you to rush anything but can you please maybe communicate to the community more because we deserve that much to be honest! maybe make a video of some of the content give us a inside view and when you have finished the other feature add it to the video and make the video public. I do think it would be great to let community see the video first. 

• Like 3

I agree i think more updates should be released we wait a lot but at this rate module 3 will come out late NEXT year no dont start agression but they need to communicate and inform the community more

• Like 1

As stated they are following Star Citizens release model, which I think is an awesome way to do development in an open and Modular way and to fund it in a similar way with the packages etc.   

But here's the thing, a lot of the reason why Star Citizen is so successful is the transparency they show to their backers aka the life blood of the whole project.

I Am not asking for the level that Star Citizen Community team goes to, as in 3 shows a week etc and monthly reports,  Just more interaction in general would be a lot better for the Identity Community and the Devs. If we were all on the same page things would be a lot clearer.

I backed this in Kick Starter(backer number 172)I have VERY high hopes that the team will do as they say,,,Would just love to hear from you's more. 

Peace.

Edited by unclebully
  • Like 3

As stated they are following Star Citizens release model, which I think is an awesome way to do development in an open and Modular way and to fund it in a similar way with the packages etc.   

But here's the thing, a lot of the reason why Star Citizen is so successful is the transparency they show to their backers aka the life blood of the whole project.

I Am not asking for the level that Star Citizen Community team goes to, as in 3 shows a week etc and monthly reports,  Just more interaction in general would be a lot better for the Identity Community and the Devs. If we were all on the same page things would be a lot clearer.

I backed this in Kick Starter(backer number 172)I have VERY high hopes that the team will do as they say,,,Would just love to hear from you's more. 

Peace.

I agree, it could be fine if we have maybe 1 little dev report evry week and one bigger evry month....

• Like 2

Maybe a bi-monthly status report? I really enjoy them from DayZ and it keeps my clan members happy too

• Like 1