Question

How will the driving physics/mechanics be in the game?
I saw a youtube video by Cobra TV where he said it might be like GTA IV driving, which in my opninion is far more superiour and fun than any other driving game ever made. Each car has a different feel and way to handle, and the suspension of some cars made it fun to drive in every terrain.

6 answers to this question

ok re-make the post in the right section. good idea.

Yes the driving will be as realistic as they can make it which GTA IV driving is better than the GTA V driving and plus GTA IV driving is realistic as people like to see.

Some might say that the sliding in GTA IV isn't too realistic and that I agree on, but somewhere you gotta put the line to how realistic something should be before it becomes just too boring and fruststrating.
Like for example the suspension and weight in GTA IV was pretty realistic wich made the game very enjoyable, where as for the fact that you could drive of a high building with your motorcycle and land on the ground without dying wasn't realistic at all, but still made the game even more fun because you could do awesome stunts.
But in GTA V the driving was not realistic at all and the cars felt really stiff and had the same weight as a feather & turned instantly, which took away any challenge which eventually made it super boring.
But instead they made the landing part with motorcyckles more realistic for some reason so you couldn't drive of building or mountain without insta dying when hitting the ground.
The key is to know what things to make arcade and what to make realistic so it becomes enjoyable.
Veichle damage & suspension is in my opinion better of with realistim, where as the driving itself needs a combination of arcade and realism without either too much of theother.

7 hours ago, agartha said:

Some might say that the sliding in GTA IV isn't too realistic and that I agree on, but somewhere you gotta put the line to how realistic something should be before it becomes just too boring and fruststrating.
Like for example the suspension and weight in GTA IV was pretty realistic wich made the game very enjoyable, where as for the fact that you could drive of a high building with your motorcycle and land on the ground without dying wasn't realistic at all, but still made the game even more fun because you could do awesome stunts.
But in GTA V the driving was not realistic at all and the cars felt really stiff and had the same weight as a feather & turned instantly, which took away any challenge which eventually made it super boring.
But instead they made the landing part with motorcyckles more realistic for some reason so you couldn't drive of building or mountain without insta dying when hitting the ground.
The key is to know what things to make arcade and what to make realistic so it becomes enjoyable.
Veichle damage & suspension is in my opinion better of with realistim, where as the driving itself needs a combination of arcade and realism without either too much of theother.

I agree to some of the driving in GTA IV was not very good but for Identity I would like the devs to make everything as realistic as possible (more realistic than GTA's if possible because it is a "Life Simulator" and so it should be realistic and not arcade-like at all if possible. 

Yes I guess if you go too realistic it might get boring for some, but a "life simulator" is supposed to be at highest realism for the rp in the game will be better. If you want the devs to cap the realism to the game which is about rp which needs the best realism possible, maybe go back to GTA IV, but I guess its really up to the devs and I think they should allow community server owners to either make the driving arcade like or just complete realistic, so that those servers which are for lite rp and casual rp can have shitty driving or realistic driving. I am going to definately have realistic driving because I will be having a Serious - Hardcore RP server.

Never said that the driving in GTA IV wasn't good, it was almost perfect, just had to make so you could accelerate while sliding so GTA would finally have drifting implented.
But instead they made total shit remake in GTA V which just destroyed the game completely.

1 hour ago, agartha said:

Never said that the driving in GTA IV wasn't good, it was almost perfect, just had to make so you could accelerate while sliding so GTA would finally have drifting implented.
But instead they made total shit remake in GTA V which just destroyed the game completely.

Yeah, i agree. But GTA V was made to have that more arcadey feel.

While this is understandable, a lot of players complained about the handling in GTA IV because many players don't have the time to sit on gta for a long time and master handling, and If their goal is to make an RP as far from "grindy" as possible, then GTA IV styling handling is not the way to go.