mca0004

Branching Firefighter Career?

There's all this talk about how the police career will branch off into different divisions the higher in the ranks you get. Will this also happen with the fire brigade? It's not only the police that have different division within them. Fire Departments have lots of different divisions in the form of "Companies", like rescue, hazmat, battalion, engine, truck, ect.

So yeah, tell me what you think.

(insert amazing post ending here) 

From what i have heard it sound like it will branch out, just like any other career(well not any, but you get the idea).

well firefighters have alot of jobs in real life, not just putting out fires!

to start with you would just be able to help out a little, assisting your co-workers. 

but given time you will have enough expiriance to go right inside a blazing building, rescuing civilians

or prehaps your recovering people from a car wreck, or trapped under debree 

theres still tons of potential for a fire fighter career, aswell as tons of career routs!

I really hope that there will be different careers to specialize on. But at the same time it is important that every firefighter can do the job they need to do. 

I had to do some volunteer work with the fire bragade once, as well as putting out fires they also have to prevent them.  Such as giving talks in schools and assessing fire alarms in both private homes and council buildings etc. 

On  the topic of firefighting, do you think players houses will burn down, or even shops in town square for example, or just forest fires if fires would ruin the city by griefers. On that note if there was fires, could you be an arson who lights them on purpose? 

I think they did say something about player owned houses wouldn't be able to get burned down but they would be able to catch fire so you need the firefighters to put the fire out before you can use the house again.

On 1/2/2016 at 3:33 AM, mca0004 said:

There's all this talk about how the police career will branch off into different divisions the higher in the ranks you get. Will this also happen with the fire brigade? It's not only the police that have different division within them. Fire Departments have lots of different divisions in the form of "Companies", like rescue, hazmat, battalion, engine, truck, ect.

So yeah, tell me what you think.

(insert amazing post ending here) 

well not exactly you have your fire chief-then your assistant chief (or battalion chief depending on whether your in a city with more than one department) then your captains (only on departments with one station) and your lieutenants (if more than one station this is the guy in-charge of one particular station) then you have 3 shifts A, B, and C shift so you have 1 fire chief, and 3 battalion chiefs one for each shift.