Sign in to follow this  
abababababa

Constructional Thoughts

Does this product show four years of development?

Don't say someone backed a product, the top tab is called "Shop" for a reason.

They said they were gonna up the base $15 price and it was limited time until new site launched, and then it wasn't, its the only reason a few of my friends tossed their money at it to save later, but if it's gonna be available later they'd like to see what they're getting first.

Nobody else has you pay an extra $15 to get access to Beta and Modules, almost no company has that part of the game separate for games, I've seen a few days early or a week or month, but this could be years from what we've heard.

I swear if a Mod locks this thread I'm gonna have a stroke, stay civil and don't flame anyone or the dev team, critique the product and practices

Edited by abababababa

1 hour ago, abababababa said:

Does this product show four years of development?

Don't say someone backed a product, the top tab is called "Shop" for a reason.

They said they were gonna up the base $15 price and it was limited time until new site launched, and then it wasn't, its the only reason a few of my friends tossed their money at it to save later, but if it's gonna be available later they'd like to see what they're getting first.

Nobody else has you pay an extra $15 to get access to Beta and Modules, almost no company has that part of the game separate for games, I've seen a few days early or a week or month, but this could be years from what we've heard.

I swear if a Mod locks this thread I'm gonna have a stroke, stay civil and don't flame anyone or the dev team, critique the product and practices

"4 years of development" is inaccurate.
The Town Square was rebuilt about 3 times. Of those 3 times, the most recent was this past year which is the build everyone is playing on now. 

You could pay 15$ now and never have to pay a dime again in order to play the game when released. Or pay 15$ more equaling 30$ for all 3 module access, beta access, and game access. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Not to mention access to a free studio apartment to decorate(Even if you didn't purchase one) until beta releases.

I believe they don't have to copy the norm of other companies release practices when it comes to early access/beta/game release. This isn't a huge company, their turn-around for releasing product will be slower than what's expected. Just because one company does one thing, or releases a game in a certain amount of time, or prices their products differently doesn't mean anything.

Edited by iStreamOnline
  • Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, abababababa said:

Did they get the $15 one? If yes then they have already got the game at full release for a third of what the full game will cost. $45

6 hours ago, abababababa said:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We currently expect one year of development between each module release, as well as the full Identity release. This time will be greatly affected by our resources; as more people purchase Identity our team grows and development will hasten. Help us spread the word!

With our current pace, we estimate that the SWAT module will be complete in late 2019, the racing module in 2020 and the feature-complete Identity beta will begin in 2021. These are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates.”

Above is the time schedule on the steam store page. These are estimates but if you go on with that; 3 years time being Beta roughly.

13 hours ago, iStreamOnline said:

"4 years of development" is inaccurate.
The Town Square was rebuilt about 3 times. Of those 3 times, the most recent was this past year which is the build everyone is playing on now. 

You could pay 15$ now and never have to pay a dime again in order to play the game when released. Or pay 15$ more equaling 30$ for all 3 module access, beta access, and game access. That seems like a pretty good deal to me. Not to mention access to a free studio apartment to decorate(Even if you didn't purchase one) until beta releases.

I believe they don't have to copy the norm of other companies release practices when it comes to early access/beta/game release. This isn't a huge company, their turn-around for releasing product will be slower than what's expected. Just because one company does one thing, or releases a game in a certain amount of time, or prices their products differently doesn't mean anything.

What were they doing in the 4 years? Brainstorming I guess. Why was it rebuilt 3 times? How do you decide that you've fucked up royally enough to restart 3 times? They're valuing beta access and modules at $15 extra. They don't have to follow the norm, you're right. But imagine buying a computer, it will slowly get better from the time you buy it. but you have to wait anywhere up to 3 years to use it (Not to mention no estimate on how long beta will be, unless the post by luckyduck means that beta will be 3 years). On the other hand, you have to pay double to use the computer you already own right now. It's yours! You just can't use it. You just get to look at it right now though unless you wanna pay double.

7 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Did they get the $15 one? If yes then they have already got the game at full release for a third of what the full game will cost. $45

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We currently expect one year of development between each module release, as well as the full Identity release. This time will be greatly affected by our resources; as more people purchase Identity our team grows and development will hasten. Help us spread the word!

With our current pace, we estimate that the SWAT module will be complete in late 2019, the racing module in 2020 and the feature-complete Identity beta will begin in 2021. These are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates.”

Above is the time schedule on the steam store page. These are estimates but if you go on with that; 3 years time being Beta roughly.

Do you mean Beta itself is 3 years or 3 years until beta? I don't have a complaint about the timeframes, take the time you want and that seems fairly reasonable with a smallish team. ARMA is $40 off sale with Bohemia Interactive behind it, Identity being $45 with the only previous reputation of being an Arma 3 server. Also with them saying modding features may come in the future until now you must play their servers and private ones may turn some people off to the game, many people are content with GMOD GTA5 or ARMA RP servers. It concerns me from player count because SCUM was also very promising and many people praised it and it was only $15, it promised many features and many real-life things and otherwise looked like a good game. https://imgur.com/a/PApRzBX. No modding potential yet, not much advertising out of cult communities word of mouth, player count dropped and it was only $15 with a good concept. I want to see the game succeed but me, as well as other people very obviously among the locked posts, are concerned. Wanna know what else had a bunch of hype and was gonna be the next MMO? No Man's Sky. It was rushed, and I see the devs are obviously in no hurry, so I hope it sure doesn't turn out like that.

Edited by abababababa

21 minutes ago, abababababa said:

What were they doing in the 4 years? Brainstorming I guess. Why was it rebuilt 3 times? How do you decide that you've fucked up royally enough to restart 3 times? They're valuing beta access and modules at $15 extra. They don't have to follow the norm, you're right. But imagine buying a computer, it will slowly get better from the time you buy it. but you have to wait anywhere up to 3 years to use it (Not to mention no estimate on how long beta will be, unless the post by luckyduck means that beta will be 3 years). On the other hand, you have to pay double to use the computer you already own right now. It's yours! You just can't use it. You just get to look at it right now though unless you wanna pay double.

Do you mean Beta itself is 3 years or 3 years until beta? I don't have a complaint about the timeframes, take the time you want and that seems fairly reasonable with a smallish team. ARMA is $40 off sale with Bohemia Interactive behind it, Identity being $45 with the only previous reputation of being an Arma 3 server. Also with them saying modding features may come in the future until now you must play their servers and private ones may turn some people off to the game, many people are content with GMOD GTA5 or ARMA RP servers. It concerns me from player count because SCUM was also very promising and many people praised it and it was only $15, it promised many features and many real-life things and otherwise looked like a good game. https://imgur.com/a/PApRzBX. No modding potential yet, not much advertising out of cult communities word of mouth, player count dropped and it was only $15 with a good concept. I want to see the game succeed but me, as well as other people very obviously among the locked posts, are concerned. Wanna know what else had a bunch of hype and was gonna be the next MMO? No Man's Sky. It was rushed, and I see the devs are obviously in no hurry, so I hope it sure doesn't turn out like that.

Alright, so you'd rather pay 45$ now so you don't feel like it's a cheap game? Be more specific, from my standpoint, it sounds like you're complaining about the low price and associating that to the game going to fail? If so, again, inaccurate information, please show me proof that Asylum Ent. will not finish production of Identity. Comparing Identity to GTA 5 is sort of a joke. You're comparing a game that hasn't even fully been completed yet to a company worth about 3 billion dollars. Asylum does not have nearly enough resources or comes close to the amount of resource a company like Rockstar Games has. 

2 hours ago, iStreamOnline said:

Alright, so you'd rather pay 45$ now so you don't feel like it's a cheap game? Be more specific, from my standpoint, it sounds like you're complaining about the low price and associating that to the game going to fail? If so, again, inaccurate information, please show me proof that Asylum Ent. will not finish production of Identity. Comparing Identity to GTA 5 is sort of a joke. You're comparing a game that hasn't even fully been completed yet to a company worth about 3 billion dollars. Asylum does not have nearly enough resources or comes close to the amount of resource a company like Rockstar Games has. 

$45 is too much is my point, and I was saying that people have other options when it comes to RP based games. I was associating the high price with a possible low player count

20 minutes ago, abababababa said:

$45 is too much is my point, and I was saying that people have other options when it comes to RP based games. I was associating the high price with a possible low player count

45$ for a full game release game is even cheap. You wanna play GTA V RP, that's great, still have to spend 60$ on the game to access the RP servers. Speculating that the game will have low player count when you have absolutely no idea is pretty reckless, the bottom line is no one will know until the game is released fully.
Regardless of other option to RP, people will always look for different ways to explore roleplaying. Arma 3 and GTA V RP will not be the only thing to RP on. That's thinking small-minded imo.

Edited by iStreamOnline

3 hours ago, iStreamOnline said:

45$ for a full game release game is even cheap. You wanna play GTA V RP, that's great, still have to spend 60$ on the game to access the RP servers. Speculating that the game will have low player count when you have absolutely no idea is pretty reckless, the bottom line is no one will know until the game is released fully.
Regardless of other option to RP, people will always look for different ways to explore roleplaying. Arma 3 and GTA V RP will not be the only thing to RP on. That's thinking small-minded imo.

The game has no factors boding well for it besides models and good ideas. Barely any due dates have been met.

2 hours ago, abababababa said:

The game has no factors boding well for it besides models and good ideas. Barely any due dates have been met.

That still doesn't mean you know what's going to happen to it. No one does.

I foresee this game being retired.

I'm not dissing the devs at all here, the concept was good, the idea is brilliant, but its way beyond the capabilities of a small team.

NO-ONE is going to wait 3 years for a full release game. In 3 years time, tech will have moved on massively as will other games. A bigger company will most likely come up with a similar idea, and create it in half the time, release it and everyone will disappear over to that game.

The devs are really up against it I am afraid. 3 years time it will be redundant. Thats my prediction, and I can see some of you nodding your heads in agreement.

Shame really..... but thats business for you.

4 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

I foresee this game being retired.

I'm not dissing the devs at all here, the concept was good, the idea is brilliant, but its way beyond the capabilities of a small team.

NO-ONE is going to wait 3 years for a full release game. In 3 years time, tech will have moved on massively as will other games. A bigger company will most likely come up with a similar idea, and create it in half the time, release it and everyone will disappear over to that game.

The devs are really up against it I am afraid. 3 years time it will be redundant. Thats my prediction, and I can see some of you nodding your heads in agreement.

Shame really..... but thats business for you.

I'm happy to wait 3 years. 

"Shame really...but thats business for you."

But....it's still being updated, patched, and worked on. Until THEY say it's done, it's NOT done. Sorry but going to have to disagree and say you're wrong on this.

On 27-12-2018 at 12:41 AM, iStreamOnline said:

You can get gta 5 for 30$, sometimes less:p 

4 hours ago, Theezakj said:

You can get gta 5 for 30$, sometimes less:p 

GTA V Released in 2013 for one, of course you'd be able to buy it at a cheaper price....You're comparing a nearly 6 year old game, and a almost 3 billion dollar company against Identity/Asylum Ent. 

On 12/26/2018 at 6:41 PM, iStreamOnline said:

$45 from a company with zero experience and most likely a buggy game upon launch judging from the town square is not a steal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abababababa said:

$45 from a company with zero experience and most likely a buggy game upon launch judging from the town square is not a steal

Well I'm sorry you don't have high aspirations for this project, but there are many that still do including myself.