Sign in to follow this  
Veeblefetzer

You own it, it's all on you...

42 minutes ago, dagtag said:

the bugs they found were buried in the engine... and as you said, you are not a programmer. try to write thousands of lines worth of code and then try to fix bugs... one bug that gets fixed will result in another bug popping up. it isn't just a matter of finding a bug and fixing it anymore, it also takes rewriting whole chunks of code differently.

It has been touched... this "last updated 24 hours ago" lets people know that the task tracker is accurate and isn't slacking behind. the task tracker doesn't get updated automatically on the website but manually. so just because nothing has visually changed doesn't mean it hasn't been touched for months...

You are not telling me anything I do not already know. In fact you just reiterated what I've already said. Being that they don't really say what is going on, it is obvious they have hit major roadblocks.  But hey, lets push out the Steam keys before we even know whats going on.

It has NOT been touched! "Last updated" should refer to the last time something was either added to or finished on the tracker. Not a visual trick to make people think they are actually doing something. It does not have to be updated manually, a few lines of code would add a working timer. Out of all the points I tried to make, these are the only things you have answers to?

Edited by mm96631

18 minutes ago, mm96631 said:

"Last updated" should refer to the last time something was either added to or finished on the tracker.

That's not how always true... in this scenario they got the info on the websites tracker "up to date" there is just no visual change...

lets take a scenario: there are 3 tasks left and one of those just got finished

If they don't update the websites information then people will think there are still 3 tasks left... that's why the "updated so many hours ago" is important, because you know when the information was lastly adjusted and therefor you know if you are up to date or not. you clearly don't seem to be understanding this... this "24 hours ago" is not a visual trick.... it shows everyone that the information has been replaced with correct information so many hours ago.

and I only reacted to these two things because these two things were the most BS in your entire post of bullshittery

Edited by dagtag

2 minutes ago, dagtag said:

That's not how always true... in this scenario they got the info on the websites tracker "up to date" there is just no visual change...

lets take a scenario: there are 3 tasks left and one of those just got finished

If they don't update the websites information then people will think there are still 3 tasks left... that's why the "updated so many hours ago" is important, because you know when the information was lastly adjusted and therefor you know if you are up to date or not. you clearly don't seem to be understanding this... this "24 hours ago" is not a visual trick.... it shows everyone that the information has been replaced with correct information so many hours ago.

and I only reacted to these two things because these two things were the most BS in your entire post of bullshittery

I clearly don't seem to be understanding what?

" that's why the "updated so many hours ago" is important, because you know when the information was lastly adjusted and therefor you know if you are up to date or not."

Nothing has been "lastly adjusted" for months. You seem to be misunderstanding the concept of a tracker. What was changed 24 hours ago?

2 hours ago, mm96631 said:

I did not activate my key and have no intention of doing so. I think you are missing the point that there might be a chance that they are passing out the keys hoping that everyone is gullible enough to activate them and therefor ineligible for a refund. Theoretically they could drag the TS module out for another 20 years at this point, and there is nothing anyone can do.

Theoretically they can but its not like they are gonna do it... they shared these keys because they are close to finished and like this everyone will have their keys already.

It is not out of the realm of possibilities, is it?

The chances of this being the reason is like 2%

This game has already seen all the hype it is going to get, they know damn well it is not going to generate any real revenue until it has some real game play or at least close to it. There is no game play in the TS module, people are not going to buy a game when there is nothing to do. Play chess? Sing karaoke?

There is a reason why you can buy the beta access separately, its because not everyone is interested in the modules/beta. and the point of there not being any gameplay is entirely wrong as well, it has been known from the start that TS will only be a social module... there will still be things you can do, like customizing your apartment for instance... I sure know a lot of people will keep themselves busy with that for a while, you can make paintings as well if that is your interest.

They WAY WAY underestimated the amount of work that it is going to take to produce a game of this caliber. This is far from a new idea, why do you think the top game makers in the business have not attempted it?

Big businesses don't put their time in this because they are in the business of making money... Asylum has always wanted a game like this to appear and that's why they started making it themselves.

Years have past, people don't work for free, the small budget they had is probably all but used up. At this point it might just be in their best interest to do so.

You don't know their financial state as of now so don't try and spread rumors.

If there was some transparency and communication about what is taking so long to finish a UI bug, I may feel different, but there isn't. This is the part which annoys me most. I'm not going to sit here through boring ass Twitch streams or rely on Twitter/Discord for information. This is the community forum, this information should be here.

You might see the transparency as non existent but then again, just because you backed the game doesn't mean you have the right to every piece of info, you know what you have to know. The bugs were buried deep in the engine and that is why it was so hard to find them. As of why it is taking so long, fixing one bug creates another and another and another... there you go. the information you need.

why else would they still not even be able to give a release date?

They are not giving a release date because

a) they know that their reputation has gone a bit downhill since their 2 release dates weren't met and are probably afraid of missing another deadline

b) you cant just predict when you fixed all bugs since you don't know when the bug you fixed is the last bug.

8 minutes ago, mm96631 said:

I clearly don't seem to be understanding what?

" that's why the "updated so many hours ago" is important, because you know when the information was lastly adjusted and therefor you know if you are up to date or not."

Nothing has been "lastly adjusted" for months. You seem to be misunderstanding the concept of a tracker. What was changed 24 hours ago?

Ugh I feel like I am explaining this to a five year old. If the tracker says "last updated 1 month ago" how will you know that the task tracker hasn't changed? you cant because as I said before, the task tracker on the website is changed manually --> if the task is finished but they don't update the trackers information then we will just think they are still working on the last task. That is why regular updating is important

You still didn't answer shit, keep saying the same thing over and over. It is not getting you anywhere. I'm not spreading rumors, I am voicing legit concerns. Your wasting your time dude, give up.

You cannot seem to wrap your little brain around the fact that the timer should start the last time something was changed. There should be note of what was changed, what was added, what was finished, etc. What the fuck good is a timer if it is manually set?

Edited by mm96631
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mm96631 said:

You cannot seem to wrap your little brain around the fact that the timer should start the last time something was changed. There should be note of what was changed, what was added, what was finished, etc. What the fuck good is a timer if it is manually set?

The timer isn't manually set... the timer displays when the content inside of the task tracker was last changed... the task tracker gets updated manually

6 minutes ago, dagtag said:

The timer isn't manually set... the timer displays when the content inside of the task tracker was last changed... the task tracker gets updated manually

The tracker currently says last updated 22 hours ago. What was changed 22 hours ago to warrant an update?

2 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

The tracker currently says last updated 22 hours ago. What was changed 22 hours ago to warrant an update?

just read what I tried to explain. as long as the tracker gets updated manually they will need to regularly update to let people know the information is up to date even if there is no visual change. If the task tracker were to update automatically there wouldn't be a need for this anymore

lolwat? When was the last time anything on the tracker changed?

Edited by mm96631

1 minute ago, dagtag said:

just read what I tried to explain. as long as the tracker gets updated manually they will need to regularly update to let people know the information is up to date even if there is no visual change. If the task tracker were to update automatically there wouldn't be a need for this anymore

But it's misleading. It claims there was an update 22 hours ago, when there was not an update 22 hours ago. Updating it is not the same as letting us know it is up to date. For something to update, it requires a change to have been made. If a change was not made, it wasn't updated. All that tracker does is tell us when someone last checked it, not when it was last updated. Why are they doing this? Because saying 'updated 22 hours ago' looks better than 'updated 3 months ago.'

31 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

But it's misleading. It claims there was an update 22 hours ago, when there was not an update 22 hours ago. Updating it is not the same as letting us know it is up to date. For something to update, it requires a change to have been made. If a change was not made, it wasn't updated. All that tracker does is tell us when someone last checked it, not when it was last updated. Why are they doing this? Because saying 'updated 22 hours ago' looks better than 'updated 3 months ago.'

But just because there hasn't been a visual update doesn't mean there hasn't been an update, it is always possible they fixed a bug and updated the information on the tracker, of course this update wouldn't be visual since the tracker isn't as in depth. they should change the tracker to update automatically and make it more in depth(which I thought they were planning to do) preventing this "update" from not being visual

Dude, it is hard coded into the html file. An hour ago it said 22 hours. Now it says 18. Even if the html was being updated server side when something is done it would say 0 hours when the change was logged. It is not a real representation of anything.  I honestly thought it always said 24 hours because this is the first time I recall seeing otherwise. All together there is a total of 54 tasks on that list, of which we have been waiting two months or more for one to be completed. Do you really believe they have been finding and fixing new issues every 24 hours and updating that thing accordingly? c'mon now.

10 minutes ago, mm96631 said:

An hour ago it said 22 hours. Now it says 18.

that does seem rather odd, perhaps with the  new website something went wrong with the hours being displayed and the devs aren't updating anything after all.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention, Isn't the point of granting the backers beta access to allow them to help test and find these bugs. Yet they claim they don't want to release it until they have found all the bugs? That is virtually impossible.  If I am not mistaken you had to pledge a certain amount to be granted this "beta testing access". But now you can get it for $15 whether you pre-order or wait until the day it is released.

Edited by mm96631

5 minutes ago, mm96631 said:

Also, I keep forgetting to mention, Isn't the point of granting the backers beta access to allow them to help test and find these bugs. Yet they claim they don't want to release it until they have found all the bugs? That is virtually impossible.  If I am not mistaken you had to pledge a certain amount to be granted this "beta testing access". But now you can get it for $15 whether you pre-order or wait until the day it is released.

to be able to buy the beta access you will still need the citizen pass and technically this first module isn't the beta just yet, the beta will come after all 3 modules

Exactly why I didn't pay for this shit yet. Sure I'm excited for it. and I respect the hell out of the people who are making this- but people gotta realize that shit takes time. This whole "Refund me because I don't like the progress so far" nonsense is just- Nonsense if you were to ask me.

8 hours ago, Negan said:

Exactly why I didn't pay for this shit yet. Sure I'm excited for it. and I respect the hell out of the people who are making this- but people gotta realize that shit takes time. This whole "Refund me because I don't like the progress so far" nonsense is just- Nonsense if you were to ask me.

How is that nonsense? We invested in the idea, if we don't like the progress so far or the direction the game is going, obviously we will withdraw our investment.