been0su

Scam

I'm a game dev, a real one lol.. nd I'm telling you fellas you guys are being sold garbage. A lot of the things this guy claims to be working on is on the Unity and Unreal Engine asset store.. Not to mention evermotion etc.

I head that there's a class action coming his way. I don't wish this "dev" any ill. I just wish he would understand what he is getting himself into.

4 hours ago, matislifo said:

I'm a game dev, a real one lol.. nd I'm telling you fellas you guys are being sold garbage. A lot of the things this guy claims to be working on is on the Unity and Unreal Engine asset store.. Not to mention evermotion etc.

I head that there's a class action coming his way. I don't wish this "dev" any ill. I just wish he would understand what he is getting himself into.

And why exactly would a class action lawsuits be coming their way? They haven't done anything illegal and it's not a crime to use real life images as a starting point to mold your work.

The devs will be fine, whatever you heard is purely Chinese whispers and highly unlikely to happen, the devs wouldn't continue to work on this if they knew they'd be liable to be sued for some reason.

Just because you may be a real developer doesn't mean you know for sure they're selling us garbage, it's a genre of itself and a dream. Nothing happens overnight and Rome wasn't built in a day.

4 hours ago, matislifo said:

A lot of the things this guy claims to be working on is on the Unity and Unreal Engine asset store.. Not to mention evermotion etc.

So what? Buying things from the asset store wont get them further in development... and btw just because something is available for grasp in the asset store doesnt mean they have to buy it. The things they make are still unique to the things they buy

We are not waiting for the assets because those of town square are done, we are waiting for bugs to be fixed.

So are you really a game dev? Because it doesnt look like it

Edited by dagtag
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

5 hours ago, matislifo said:

First of all, the horror, that someone wants to make their own assets! Never heard of before! (Note the sarcasm)

Second of all, for the first module, they finished the assets ages ago, they're just making sure everything is good and dandy working, if the tracker is anything to go by.

5 hours ago, matislifo said:

Hmm, what difference does it do to be a real developer or not? Also if you think Identity is garbage, that's your own opinion, but please do us a favor and show us actual proof of your arguments. How many times I've seen those developers hand make those assets, sighs...

Also I can confirm what @raicyrose have said concerning Town Square. If you have paid attention to the gameplay stream, you'd see that the module is functional to some extent and that the assets are done. The latest bottleneck has been mostly the bugs found in the back end of the UI. Do you want me to elaborate a bit more concerning those bugs?

The questions pertaining to the compositing process for Pav's concept art pieces have been answered by the Project Lead, so I'll go ahead and lock the thread before discussion gets too off topic. It will remain visible in case others want to view Paratus' responses in the future though!