Question

8 answers to this question

If they're going to add achievements that's fine but nothing ridiculous like being elected governor, it's unlikely that most people will ever get elected, it needs to be simple things with a fair few challenging ones but nothing that's completely luck based like with the elder scrolls online for example, the emperor trophy for that game is absolutely ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Bryan_Mills said:

Hello, all

Will the game feature achievements on steam when it is released or in the near future?

I have never thought about this to be honest but some achievements would be sick!

1 minute ago, Bryan_Mills said:

I'd be fine with things like write a book, paint a painting or pull off a heist etc, those are things that are more than achievable, hell at a push become a celebrity as that's a lot more realistic than get elected but it's still somewhat luck based.

Other possible achievements are things like hunt so many deer/ animals or Catch so many fish etc though I hate grinding trophies just as much as luck based ones, if they're going to add achievements make them realistic and challenging but not ridiculously hard to the point very few people get them.

Steam achievements are planned to be added. They will make sure that everyone has a chance to get it, even though some will be harder than the others. They don't want people to have a unique achievement (for example finding a unique treasure), not on Steam at least.

1 hour ago, Bryan_Mills said:

Hello, all

Will the game feature achievements on steam when it is released or in the near future?

It's highly unlikely there'll be achievements untill the full game releases however I wouldn't be surprised if they include things you can unlock for participating in the modules and beta that can't be unlocked once the full game comes out 
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Okay that sounds pretty awesome. I do know that achievements is not a major gamebreaker. Looking forward to seeing the results.

Just now, polydorou said:

I have never thought about this to be honest but some achievements would be sick!

Yeah like amount of paintings, made money earned, friends made, items bought, movies watched. Drug plant harvested (Would also force players who cares about achievements to become criminal) or do something with law enforcement.

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

If they're going to add achievements that's fine but nothing ridiculous like being elected governor, it's unlikely that most people will ever get elected, it needs to be simple things with a fair few challenging ones but nothing that's completely luck based like with the elder scrolls online for example, the emperor trophy for that game is absolutely ridiculous.

I agree.

I disgust luck based achievements or any achievement that is not obtainable no matter what you do.