DrSwager404

Air Vehicles

On 08/04/2016 at 5:56 PM, ApertureScience said:

Well in MY roleplay experience i don't give a fuck about a car collisions and i wish to drive helicopter to avoid that kinds of thing. It's up to the player choice. My character drives helicopter for criminal, can't he?

You, sir, are an idiot who can not be gotten through to. Marked and labelled as a lost cause.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2016 at 11:52 AM, Paratus said:

Our primary reason for not having air vehicles isn't so much the size of the world, it's that they allow people to skip over interaction which is the core of Identity's gameplay. Imagine there's a car collision below and a fight erupts, flying over it without any consideration won't bring so much emergent gameplay as if you had to pass through or alter your path.

That's simply one example out of thousands of scenarios where flight deprives you of emergent gameplay. It's sort of like using fast-travel in a game like Skyrim; sure it's convenient, but some of the coolest events and discoveries happen en-route.

First off I find it very disappointing that some of you instantly start flinging insults and telling us to conform when WE are funding this project. Keep some dignity about you and do not shun ideas, that is the single key to the destruction of innovation but at the same time do not beg. Scripted aircraft that you could at least see would make the game more immersive. Our best friend isn't a volleyball and we aren't stuck on an island. Think of it as artificial population.

Second off, I am not sure what @Paratus is thinking is gonna happen with the traffic events. Most cars are only between the collision of a few vehicles which generally will not take up a whole road. Since this is not real life and is very doubtful that anyone will want to sit in line and wait, most people will take to driving around, backing up, squeezing through gaps, or even off-roading. You gotta understand that people are more likely to take risks on a game. It is actually not against the law to leave the road way when an obstruction is in the way and you have your Hazard lights activated. The only way this can be pulled off is if it was a scripted event and cops put barricades up and intentionally block traffic at certain choke points. Broken glass should pop tires too which would demotivate people from attempting such manuovers. Please give me your thoughts!

155483.jpg

Edited by IRIxAgent47
Forgot to say something

12 hours ago, IRIxAgent47 said:

First off I find it very disappointing that some of you instantly start flinging insults and telling us to conform when WE are funding this project. Keep some dignity about you and do not shun ideas, that is the single key to the destruction of innovation but at the same time do not beg. Scripted aircraft that you could at least see would make the game more immersive. Our best friend isn't a volleyball and we aren't stuck on an island. Think of it as artificial population.

Second off, I am not sure what @Paratus is thinking is gonna happen with the traffic events. Most cars are only between the collision of a few vehicles which generally will not take up a whole road. Since this is not real life and is very doubtful that anyone will want to sit in line and wait, most people will take to driving around, backing up, squeezing through gaps, or even off-roading. You gotta understand that people are more likely to take risks on a game. It is actually not against the law to leave the road way when an obstruction is in the way and you have your Hazard lights activated. The only way this can be pulled off is if it was a scripted event and cops put barricades up and intentionally block traffic at certain choke points. Broken glass should pop tires too which would demotivate people from attempting such manuovers. Please give me your thoughts!

155483.jpg

that's offending and bla and bla and go play gta v if you want air vehicles in  an open world game with multiplayer. something like that checkpoint will only exist on asian servers

17 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

that's offending and bla and bla and go play gta v if you want air vehicles in  an open world game with multiplayer. something like that checkpoint will only exist on asian servers

I think he means so when you look in the sky, you will randomly see a plane in the skies distance (Devs can just make like a light image) to make it look real.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I think he means so when you look in the sky, you will randomly see a plane in the skies distance (Devs can just make like a light image) to make it look real.

ok. sorry^^

If a criminal goes into the woods on a high speed chase, it significantly lowers the chances of finding the criminal. With helicopters in the game it would mean that the police force would have an extra level of protection and increase their ability to find wanted criminals.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FreakyRamen said:

If a criminal goes into the woods on a high speed chase, it significantly lowers the chances of finding the criminal. With helicopters in the game it would mean that the police force would have an extra level of protection and increase their ability to find wanted criminals.

yes but not the point. That takes the fun out of finding them (cop) and hiding (criminal), ok it might be easier for the criminal to hide but makes it more fun for finding that person as cop, so deal with no helicopters. (ps: it would be too easy to be caught with police helicopters.

If anything it would make criminals take heists and robberies much more seriously. It adds a new level of chase and a new opportunity for trouble. Just imagine: You and your heist team have just exited the bank after looting the vault. You circle around the block and into an alleyway. Waiting for you there are 3 dirtbikes, one for each member. You kickstart the bike and rip out of the alley and into the open city. You quickly turn onto a freeway entry and hit the gas. As you ride you hear a chopper over the sound of your engine, a loud CHKA CHKA CHKA of the rotor. You pull off into an exit and fly into the woods going 40 MPH. The helicopter is now circling, and you can hear a loudspeaker saying: "GET OFF THE MOTORCYCLE, WE KNOW YOURE IN THERE" While weaving in and out of groups of trees you hear the sound of the blades fade away behind you as you and your friends make a quick getaway to the other side of the map.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:yes but not the point. That takes the fun out of finding them (cop) and hiding (criminal), ok it might be easier for the criminal to hide but makes it more fun for finding that person as cop, so deal with no helicopters. (ps: it would be too easy to be caught with police helicopters.

That's kind of the point of adding police helicopters so you can easily find the hidden suspect?

(P.S. I'm pretty that is just BS you said right there. "it would be too easy to be caught with police helicopters." It's your fault you broke the law so they should have every right to send a chopper. It would actually be kind of fun running away from a heli.)

1 hour ago, TrueCrazyMan said:

That's kind of the point of adding police helicopters so you can easily find the hidden suspect?

(P.S. I'm pretty that is just BS you said right there. "it would be too easy to be caught with police helicopters." It's your fault you broke the law so they should have every right to send a chopper. It would actually be kind of fun running away from a heli.)

yes but not the point. That takes the fun out of finding them (cop) and hiding (criminal), ok it might be easier for the criminal to hide but makes it more fun for finding that person as cop, so deal with no helicopters.

point was its fun when you have the challenge, so not bs. I get it, if there were police heli's it would make it the opposite for criminals and cops. its fun to when hard to get a hiding spot where you wont be seen by the air aswell but if no helicopters then its pretty much harder for the cops which makes it a challenge for them instead. the challenge for being a cop is my point because its hard work and more exciting so i am not wrong or right.

• Like 1

Would you rather have a helicopter or not and why

I would like a helicopter because helicopters would be a high end thing. Large businesses would have them, big criminal organizations would have them and advance police. thoughts things would add more gameplay then car collisions it will take away.

Edited by DrSwager404
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

I think that there should be helicopters in the game for rapid transportation of military or police personel. For instance something like a Chinook could carry an insane number of people. But they could also be used for providing news coverage of high speed chases or looking for lost people in the mountains/woods. That brings me to my last reason (that  can think of right now) which is that they are great for EMT/Paramedics. They provide versatile transportation which makes them a great uses to airlift injured people to hospitals.

EDIT: I have been told that there will not be military in the game, so disregard what i said about that.

Edited by FreakyRamen
new info has arisen
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

also helicopters would add helicopter collisions hqdefault.jpg

article-2296862-18D51F1B000005DC-167_964nice me me friend

• Like 2

On 4/20/2016 at 1:09 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

yes but not the point. That takes the fun out of finding them (cop) and hiding (criminal), ok it might be easier for the criminal to hide but makes it more fun for finding that person as cop, so deal with no helicopters.

point was its fun when you have the challenge, so not bs. I get it, if there were police heli's it would make it the opposite for criminals and cops. its fun to when hard to get a hiding spot where you wont be seen by the air aswell but if no helicopters then its pretty much harder for the cops which makes it a challenge for them instead. the challenge for being a cop is my point because its hard work and more exciting so i am not wrong or right.

There will still be cops finding criminals without helicopters they are just for big jobs like a bank heist not for a convenient store robbery. Also on the criminal side of things criminals will work their way up to investing in helicopter to do bigger jobs. 

On 22/04/2016 at 5:48 PM, DrSwager404 said:

I would like a helicopter because helicopters would be a high end thing. Large businesses would have them, big criminal organizations would have them and advance police. thoughts things would add more gameplay then car collisions it will take away.

Well I guess I do want helicopters because they would be fun to have, but I think there may be a troll who comes a long and will just crash the helicopter into something and also I dont want anything like a air vehicle with weapons otherwise it will start turning into GTA. a Passenger helicopter/ news helicopter, Air Ambulance, and I guess police helicopters. But there should be a max 1 helicopter per city e.g. 1 police heli, and 1 air ambulance. 

12 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

There will still be cops finding criminals without helicopters they are just for big jobs like a bank heist not for a convenient store robbery. Also on the criminal side of things criminals will work their way up to investing in helicopter to do bigger jobs. 

I guess so, but I'd rather have helicopters added in the future which will add a new job also and there has to be a test like a driving test to it. 

On 25/04/2016 at 5:48 PM, DrSwager404 said:

also helicopters would add helicopter collisions hqdefault.jpg

Highly unlikely, because I would think that people will see a helicopter infront of them and they would pull away from the collision

On 20/04/2016 at 7:33 PM, TrueCrazyMan said:

I guess, but in the future they can add it as a dlc which includes a new job police pilot etc. 

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I guess I do want helicopters because they would be fun to have, but I think there may be a troll who comes a long and will just crash the helicopter into something and also I dont want anything like a air vehicle with weapons otherwise it will start turning into GTA. a Passenger helicopter/ news helicopter, Air Ambulance, and I guess police helicopters. But there should be a max 1 helicopter per city e.g. 1 police heli, and 1 air ambulance.

I agree with this except with people being a troll because they would cost a lot of money but there will be a troll sometimes like when someone is switching servers and they have a helicopter

19 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

I agree with this except with people being a troll because they would cost a lot of money but there will be a troll sometimes like when someone is switching servers and they have a helicopter

Well, if they have the heli on a official server then they cant go to a community server with it, but they can go on a different official server.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well, if they have the heli on a official server then they cant go to a community server with it, but they can go on a different official server.

I didn't know you could transfer your character to a different server

2 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

I didn't know you could transfer your character to a different server

On the official servers they are all linked. private servers wont be.

24 minutes ago, DrSwager404 said:

I kinda doubt that there will be people trolling with Helicopters because theyre going to cost so much. People arent just going to waste upwards of 500k on a helicopter just to crash it into people.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FreakyRamen said:

I kinda doubt that there will be people trolling with Helicopters because theyre going to cost so much. People arent just going to waste upwards of 500k on a helicopter just to crash it into people.

yes, true but how do you know they will cost more than 500k? 

In the beginning of this thread i believe we agreed it would be good if it was over 500k so that not many people could have one and it would deter people from crashing them into players.

On 4/27/2016 at 9:40 AM, JamesLuck01 said:

yes, true but how do you know they will cost more than 500k? 

I would like helicopters and planes in the game, but I have an interesting idea that would make them very rare in the game. Not only should they cost 500k, they should also be very realistic, and I mean VERY realistic. Like, if you don't know how to start a helicopter and fly it in real life, you can't do it in the game, because you wouldn't know how. I know how to start a helicopter, and I think I am able to fly one if I get the chance, so I would love if they would bring it in the game and make it as realistic as I said here. The helicopters should also be able to take realistic damage, and get failures, and then a team of Air-crash investigator players can check out the wreckage and investigate how and why it crashed. You'll have to service your helicopter regularly to keep it healthy so it doesn't fail on you. You can pay a service fee to a mechanic, or do it yourself if you know how. I think it would add a great deal of immersion and possibilities. And there can still be emergent gameplay while flying in an aircraft, with the failures and stuff. Bird strikes should also be a thing. And when the game gets a new island, the helicopters would be very useful. I understand you want lots of player interaction, but making helicopters like the real thing to fly and very expensive would fix that. Then not many people will be able to fly them, and 95% of players will still be driving cars and do ground related stuff. The players that fly can also interact with players, like if they take someone for a ride, or pick up an injured person with an ambulance helicopter, or search for criminals in a helicopter, etc. I think it would add so much more immersion and realism, and there will still be tons of ground people interacting with other ground people. Another idea to make helicopters even harder to obtain, is flight school and a pilot's licence should be very expensive and hard to get. 

Edited by SkinnierSteve
  • Like 1