Villasenor

Time and mile scale

Question

Would it be possible to make driving or moving feel like real life? For example, driving at 60mph, you will drive a mile every real life minute?

5 answers to this question

For it to be real life, that would mean taking a really long time to get from place to place which I don't see happening, so as of now I'd have to guess the answer is that it will be upscaled to make things go along faster.

1 hour ago, Capped said:

For it to be real life, that would mean taking a really long time to get from place to place which I don't see happening, so as of now I'd have to guess the answer is that it will be upscaled to make things go along faster.

I would understand if the map was huge. It is a decent size, it will take about and hour and a half to walk it which is about 4-5 miles.

• Like 1

I would agree with Capped, upscaling seems like the most legitimate way to do this. I usually like the play a scenario out in my head to see if certain ideas would work out so check this out.

You were kidnapped and robbed, you have no phone, money or clothes, but the nearest Town would take you an hour to get to. Some people will probably just kill themselves to get teleported back to the nearest town, or get arrested to be brought back into a town. 

I would love to see that much realism in this game, but that might be to much. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dimmies said:

I would agree with Capped, upscaling seems like the most legitimate way to do this. I usually like the play a scenario out in my head to see if certain ideas would work out so check this out.

You were kidnapped and robbed, you have no phone, money or clothes, but the nearest Town would take you an hour to get to. Some people will probably just kill themselves to get teleported back to the nearest town, or get arrested to be brought back into a town. 

I would love to see that much realism in this game, but that might be to much. 

That'd be awesome! Like I said originally upscaling seems the most possible(?) way :P 

Well, there are about 3 hours of day and 1 hour of night time in the game. The time in game passes by an estimate of 1 minute every 6 seconds in real life (mathematics!) so.. to drive 60 miles in a minute... It just wouldn't work.

• Like 1