• 1
WalterWhite

Proxy chat

Question

what is the proxy chat going to be like? is there a distance you can hear people from or can you hear people through walls?

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 answers to this question

  • 3

That's right. The proximity voice system in Identity is fairly advanced. Walls and such between your head and the speaker's head will affect the sound. Furthermore, there are devices (loud speakers, microphones, etc) that can affect how far your voice can travel.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1
21 minutes ago, WalterWhite said:

what is the proxy chat going to be like? is there a distance you can hear people from or can you hear people through walls?

I guess vocal chat will work this way, whereas text chat (using cell phones for example) would work as a long-distance way to communicate.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, WalterWhite said:

what is the proxy chat going to be like? is there a distance you can hear people from or can you hear people through walls?

There is going to be a voice feature. It will all depend on distance and your location. You can't hear someone across a wall or inside a car with the windows rolled down. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

@Paratus Will there be chat like Arma 3 or Gmod or will it be texting on your phone as chat? Also, would you have to add phonenumbers and names into your phone or would everyone already be there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, YouKnowBro said:

@Paratus Will there be chat like Arma 3 or Gmod or will it be texting on your phone as chat? Also, would you have to add phonenumbers and names into your phone or would everyone already be there?

For long distance chat, you need to text / call on the phone. You have to add people on your phone to get there phone numbers I believe. Also I am not sure but there could be a different type of open chat but I don't know.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

For long distance chat, you need to text / call on the phone.

I love this, not like the regular in-party voice chat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, Svanders said:

I love this, not like the regular in-party voice chat

Well it would absolutely destroy realism if there wasn't this option O.o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now