NOE

Admin Tools

Admin Tools

Based on Garry's Mod ULX and Blogs by Billy

Hello Identity Community, 

my name is NOE and after playing Garry's Mod Roleplay for over 1000 hours and 600 of those as a Administrator I know what an Admin Tool needs.

1. Logs

Logs as an Important Part of Administration. With this you can see if something was RDMed and more. It gives you fact and         not just Statement by Users. Here are the things that should be logged:

•     Damage
  •     Death
  •     Buy/Sell
  •     Chat
  •     Admin Actions ( !goto, !bring, !ban, !kick, !freeze ...)
  •  
  • 2. Rule Book    

As a Server owner you probably want rules on your Server. There would need to be a feature were User are able to See the       rules. As they first join the Server they would need to agree to those rules to play on it. 

•  
  • 3. Admin Commands

Admins need powers to enforce rules a Server might have. Server often get people that a referred to as Trolles/Minges that       ruin the roleplay experience for others. 

•     !Admin (Makes the Admin go into a mode were he can use his powers. In this Mode he isn't able to do any roleplay actions.                     He also gets a Playermodel that doesn't look like a normal Player something like a flying ball...) 
  •     !goto *Name* (Let's the admin teleport to a player)
  •     !bring *Name* (Let's the admin bring somebody to the Admins Position)
  •     !noclip (Admins need to get fast from A to B or might just investigate a Case noclip basically makes them able to fly around)
  •     !sit *Name* (Brings the player to a place that is only accessible by Noclip or this Command.The place is Sound isolated)
  •     !warn *Name* *Reason* (Gives the Player a Waring on there record.)
  •     !kick *Name* *Reason* (Sometimes player brake rules so they need to get punished or they AFK and use up Server Slots)
  •     !freeze *Name* *Time* (Minges often break rules and try ruining away from Admins so this is a Way to capture them)
  •     !ban *Name* *Reason* Time* (People Break rules sp they need to get punished simple...)

I hope this post was helpful. If you have any addition please post it in the Reply's and I will look over them.

-Noe Rock

3 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

Please don't advertise, it is against the forum rules

I don't think this is an advertisement. I think he's just saying these are things admins should be able to do on servers in order to keep everything from going tits up.
I mean, these are things that server owners will probably have complete control over (and i think only devs will be admins on official servers) so it isn't entirely necessary. But it definitely isn't advertising.

Edited by Crayin

I'm not sure if this is what the creators want.

I don't think you could have stuff like this since private servers are still realistic I think.

I guess you can only edit times of things and maybe ban powers and mute, stuff like that.

Things like no clip or goto aren't added to the admin tools.

6 minutes ago, MeesterPlusser said:

I'm not sure if this is what the creators want.

I don't think you could have stuff like this since private servers are still realistic I think.

I guess you can only edit times of things and maybe ban powers and mute, stuff like that.

Things like no clip or goto aren't added to the admin tools.

Why would they no be? What if there is a report and you need to get to the person and maybe get more evidence to go on? 

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Why would they no be? What if there is a report and you need to get to the person and maybe get more evidence to go on? 

I might used my words wrong (Im not english).

I just think this game is just different then "DarkRP" or anything like that.

Think about it. You got people on your server checking and doing all that kinda stuff.

If someone is doing something wrong anyone can just do something about it. (Or tell an admin what is going on)

Maybe yes they add things like fast travel to "x".

5 minutes ago, MeesterPlusser said:

Think about it. You got people on your server checking and doing all that kinda stuff.

If someone is doing something wrong anyone can just do something about it. (Or tell an admin what is going on)

I think that these tools are not just from DarkRP, there is all the other modes too like PERP and I am sure they may be a Noclip on Arma maybe not sure but I know a lot of these are in other games. We only really need something like a command that does; example "On Duty" This no clips the player, it ghosts them (Makes them Invisible), and gives them God Mode. There don't need to be separate commands for it though. This is the one specifically would be useful to stop abuse. Alos having the !goto and !bring commands only able to be used while in "On Duty" mode. These things are essential enough to have.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2017 at 8:41 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

I think that these tools are not just from DarkRP, there is all the other modes too like PERP and I am sure they may be a Noclip on Arma maybe not sure but I know a lot of these are in other games. We only really need something like a command that does; example "On Duty" This no clips the player, it ghosts them (Makes them Invisible), and gives them God Mode. There don't need to be separate commands for it though. This is the one specifically would be useful to stop abuse. Alos having the !goto and !bring commands only able to be used while in "On Duty" mode. These things are essential enough to have.

What your talking about would be the !admin command I listed. It makes you go into a mod that enables the Admin Commands and blocks thinks like selling buying etc. So there is no way for Admins to abuse these commands to make quick money.

In Arma 2 and 3 you have a purchasable AntiCheat/Admin tool called InfiStar. Witchbasically gives you the samefeatures like ULX just for Arma.

Because Identity's developers had there start in Arma I think/hope that they know about InfiStar and will create a system similar to this in Identity.

On 2/27/2017 at 8:34 PM, MeesterPlusser said:

There is a German saying: "Trust is good Control is better"

If a player group doesn't like a person they might try getting him banned of the Server. This would lead to people lying about thinks. 

With a proper logging system you wouldn't need to rely on the words of someone you could just check the logs. Because the log doesn't lie or has a opinion on something. It gives you facts that help you in making the right decision. 

-Noe Rock

Hey Noe how can I play Garry's mod? I can't seem to get the website to work it says invalid link

6 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hey Noe how can I play Garry's mod? I can't seem to get the website to work it says invalid link

Is this a troll?

Garry's Mod is a game on Steam released in 2007. Here is the Link: Steam Store Page

What link are you talking about? (Please give me a screenshot so I see what the issue is)

-Noe Rock

No I'm not a troll I just wanted the driving to be a key factor in this game because I would always obey the traffic laws no matter how boring it is.

29 minutes ago, Justin said:

No I'm not a troll I just wanted the driving to be a key factor in this game because I would always obey the traffic laws no matter how boring it is.

*Help*

Im sorry but I think you're in the wrong post right now:

-Noe Rock

Edited by NOE
Spelling...