JohnDanelson

Singer/Rock star

On 1/28/2017 at 3:11 PM, JohnDanelson said:

I think it would be nice to be a singer or part of a band.

I'm a guitarist, I'd take you up on that.

Going back to a thread I recently posted in, I think the only way I'd have fun with any of the proposed careers would be in a VR setting. Actually strumming and being able to look around simultaneously.

25 minutes ago, DalDynamik said:

Going back to a thread I recently posted in, I think the only way I'd have fun with any of the proposed careers would be in a VR setting. Actually strumming and being able to look around simultaneously.

I mean.. Strumm with LMB and look around with mouse simultaneously. Just use specific keys for each song and boom. You're good

2 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I mean.. Strumm with LMB and look around with mouse simultaneously. Just use specific keys for each song and boom. You're good

That sounds horrible and not immersive in the slightest. Isnt this game based around reality?

34 minutes ago, DalDynamik said:

That sounds horrible and not immersive in the slightest. Isnt this game based around reality?

Why would an MMORPG use VR? Now that sounds horrible and completely unnecessary. It would disorient players and they'd have to waste money for VR goggles. That's the best way to do it without shelling out 100+ dollars for something that's easily simulated. Not trying to be mean but if you want realism while playing a guitar game player Guitar Hero Live. Next best thing

23 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

Why would an MMORPG use VR? Now that sounds horrible and completely unnecessary. It would disorient players and they'd have to waste money for VR goggles. That's the best way to do it without shelling out 100+ dollars for something that's easily simulated. Not trying to be mean but if you want realism while playing a guitar game player Guitar Hero Live. Next best thing

I think the real question is 'Why WOULDN'T VR at least be an option. What better way to play the role of your in game persona than to actually look through their eyes, see their hands using the tools. Your opinion is valid insofar as some people may be disoriented by VR- but most people aren't. I just think it'd be a shame for an audacious life simulating game to not properly apply game mechanics which can make it more immersive.

14 minutes ago, DalDynamik said:

I think the real question is 'Why WOULDN'T VR at least be an option. What better way to play the role of your in game persona than to actually look through their eyes, see their hands using the tools. Your opinion is valid insofar as some people may be disoriented by VR- but most people aren't. I just think it'd be a shame for an audacious life simulating game to not properly apply game mechanics which can make it more immersive.

That I could understand. I could see there being a specific server type for VR. But with the amount of work they've gotten done so far I think it's a little late to add VR capabilities 

22 minutes ago, DalDynamik said:

Do you plan on being a musician when the game comes out?

Absolutely- That is I'd like to try out as many of the professions as possible, and fail to see how any gameplay elements wouldn't be enhanced by VR support. Control schemes can be learned (I know from experience). But the only game I liked for the Wii was Wii music, specifically for how the controls were implemented in an intuitive fashion.

The developers have mentioned that us players could sing karaoke, but honestly I would also be interested if bands could be formed and could get paying gigs. :D

4 minutes ago, Mentality said:

The developers have mentioned that us players could sing karaoke, but honestly I would also be interested if bands could be formed and could get paying gigs. :D

I actually have something rolling with that though. The band currently has two guitarists and needs a drummer, singer and bassist 

• Like 1

Once I am able to get the game I would love to drop in and watch you guys play. I need a much better pc that can handle it though. For now I shall chat around here on the site and watch it grow.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:29 PM, Arky said:

I actually have something rolling with that though. The band currently has two guitarists and needs a drummer, singer and bassist 

My RP character is going to be a singer/songwriter (since I'm a musician in real life, and I have a decent enough voice I might be able to get away with it) whether or not she'll be successful is still up for debate. Maybe someone will want to listen?

34 minutes ago, Shoobrit said:

My RP character is going to be a singer/songwriter (since I'm a musician in real life, and I have a decent enough voice I might be able to get away with it) whether or not she'll be successful is still up for debate. Maybe someone will want to listen?

There's going to be a theatre and stage in game somewhere in Ash Hill I think. So there's going to be plays, operas, and live performances.

So yeah! You can definitely be a singer/song-writer in game!

4 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

There's going to be a theatre and stage in game somewhere in Ash Hill I think. So there's going to be plays, operas, and live performances.

So yeah! You can definitely be a singer/song-writer in game!

Woah, did you really hear there would be operas? I just assumed I'm the only opera nerd on this forum lolol :D

6 minutes ago, Shoobrit said:

Woah, did you really hear there would be operas? I just assumed I'm the only opera nerd on this forum lolol :D

Anything that can be shown on a stage can technically exist if there are players up for it, and an audience that wants to watch ;)

12 minutes ago, SupremeLeader said:

Anything that can be shown on a stage can technically exist if there are players up for it, and an audience that wants to watch ;)

I will find a way! Just need to find a few more people who sing opera in this game :/ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shoobrit said:

I will find a way! Just need to find a few more people who sing opera in this game :/ 

Good luck!