Weeman1206

Pilot

I know the discussion has already been started but i feel like pilots would be great in this game. Private pilots or commercial. Business or pleasure. im not sure how big the world of Identity is going to be but im pretty confident there is room for a small municipal airport, whether it be a grass/dirt or paved runway. Aircraft wise can be as simple as a small Cessna 172, Piper Cub for pleasure to Cessna caravans for cargo and C-295's. There is so much opportunity and freedom with aviation if it was introduced into the game. Business wise, people could work to purchase an aircraft and pay to keep it in a hangar or tied down on a ramp. The aircraft could be used to transport cargo from one end of the map to the other, or it can be used for sight seeing or planning routes for trucking. Also those who peruse it  can in turn make a business as an instructor teaching others how to fly. There are alot of jobs that can open up from adding aviation into the game. whether its and airport operator, to pilot, to aviation maintenance personal. You could even go as far as an owner of an aircraft renting it out for business. 

• Like 1

Its been brought up a lot and as much as it would be a great job, it just wont happen as there wont be air vehicles in game on release. I believe the devs said that it may be a possibility for the future but i doubt it. They dont want aircraft in the game as they dont want the game to feel small to players. Flying around all the time you will miss a lot of RP that you would get on the ground and you could argue that it is a whole new RP opportunity but that what the devs have said.

• Like 1

How will the game appear small if there are aircraft in the game. That will only make the game feel bigger and more open. Being able to fly from one airport to another. If you ask me, the devs keeping the game on ground level makes it seem small. Don't get me wrong but I love the idea of the game and I'm excited for it to come out. But if they are going to go all our RPG with it they might as well put the icing on the cake with aviation. 

4 hours ago, Weeman1206 said:

How will the game appear small if there are aircraft in the game. That will only make the game feel bigger and more open. Being able to fly from one airport to another. If you ask me, the devs keeping the game on ground level makes it seem small. Don't get me wrong but I love the idea of the game and I'm excited for it to come out. But if they are going to go all our RPG with it they might as well put the icing on the cake with aviation. 

Not my choice unfortunately but the devs have spoken and as I said you never know, they may appear in the game at a later stage. I for one am okay with the lack of aircraft due to my experiences with younger and less RP experienced players and aircraft. 

I can completely agree with you on the younger crowd getting a hold of this game and miss using aircraft. That I totally understand. I hope there won't be to many young people playing this game and tearing the fun out of a legitimate MMORPG. This game has So much potential. Kids better not ruin it.  Hopefully having to buy your character will slightly push that crowd away.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2016 at 11:29 PM, Weeman1206 said:

Kids better not ruin it.  

Ooooh don't hold your breath on that one mate.

• Like 1

On 06/11/2016 at 3:18 PM, Weeman1206 said:

He meant "The map" will appear to small because its too fast of travel with aircraft. Also click here for answer to what they have on the aircraft's question. Keeping it on the ground means that people wont skip out traffic and interaction with players e.g. car crashes, traffic jams, people crossing the streets and maybe telling / honking people if they cut you up or walk in-front of your car. There are a lot of things which will be lost from taking a plane or helicopter across the island + it will take so long just to cross the map with a car or by walking. Aircraft is a fast way to get cross places skipping out all the stuff and many other things.

• Like 1

I dont think that it will be so much faster and better to travel with aircrafts whith everything around it. First it will cost more secondly when everything is realistic you would have to check in, wait etc. etc. etc. This would also make a lot of jobs and would require catering companies and so on. I think it would improve the game as long as it is taking seriously and professional. Also if they expand the map to more islands it is more than necessary.

Edited by Melodique

Hey everyone i actually work at an airport and i deal with tons of pilots  and i also deal with alot of planes....i was wondering what kind of aircraft are going to be dealing with in this game because me and some friends are willing to make our own airline and fly people to where ever. 

On 2017-1-31 at 10:32 PM, PolandNWL said:

Hey everyone i actually work at an airport and i deal with tons of pilots  and i also deal with alot of planes....i was wondering what kind of aircraft are going to be dealing with in this game because me and some friends are willing to make our own airline and fly people to where ever. 

No aircraft at all in the devs plan but possibly in the future after full release.

On 2016-12-3 at 5:19 PM, Melodique said:

I dont think that it will be so much faster and better to travel with aircrafts whith everything around it. First it will cost more secondly when everything is realistic you would have to check in, wait etc. etc. etc. This would also make a lot of jobs and would require catering companies and so on. I think it would improve the game as long as it is taking seriously and professional. Also if they expand the map to more islands it is more than necessary.

I agree but only with the islands and it should be that you can't fly any where other than a set route, but for now no aircraft, however they do have an airport but that will likely mean there will be aircraft in the future after full release and maybe as a DLC with another or so islands.