ItsRaiden

WARNINGS ROLE PLAYERS MUST READ

Well it could be me, but sending the 'do your homework instead of gaming' post prior to some kind of release of this game is a bit premature?
I mean I experienced a project like this before, delay delay delay, no dates given (poor project planning) and ending up canceled. 
And that was a game from EA.. 

So I would say deliver first before you are warning people about actually spending time playing. 

Also if I'm allowed to give you one tip: 
Pick a goddamn date and build a hype around it. It is called pre-launch marketing. 

Not doing this shows not having a marketing team at all. 

(I'm hyped for this game, so I express my enthusiasm in frustration) 

Edited by MisterBolt
  • Like 2

On 1/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, MisterBolt said:

Well it could be me, but sending the 'do your homework instead of gaming' post prior to some kind of release of this game is a bit premature?
I mean I experienced a project like this before, delay delay delay, no dates given (poor project planning) and ending up canceled. 

So I would say deliver first before you are warning people about actually spending time playing. 

Pick a goddamn date and build a hype around it. It is called pre-launch marketing. 

I mean, Asylum literally doesn't have a marketing team. They're a small dev team of less than 10 people who are WAAYYYY under funded. They're doing pretty well with community management considering.

On 1/19/2018 at 7:48 AM, MisterBolt said:

I see this shit, makes me mad, build hype like 2 years in advance and everyone hyped from announcement died down, and then I don't even have an ETA for how long that beta is gonna be after the modules so no clue if the $30 package is even worth it, not to mention its a scam IMO because you pay $15 and don't even get beta access, that should be the base game. Thats a cash grab, the devs seem to be working well but fuck the dude behind that shit, wastin my time and money

• Like 1

If the game play footage is released by the end of this month (which is my understanding) then the devs will instill a tiny bit of hope back into me, then all they need to do is keep their word about social module pre-alpha release in march (if i remember correctly)

We are getting off topic here. This post is to make aware on some concerns long term gaming can have on your health. This is just an awareness touching on the idea that we should all try to live healthy for a better you and a happier you. Love peace and good health my friends. ❤️

Edited by ItsRaiden

On 25/01/2018 at 5:29 AM, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

not to mention its a scam IMO because you pay $15 and don't even get beta access, that should be the base game. Thats a cash grab, the devs seem to be working well but fuck the dude behind that shit, wastin my time and money

$15 is the base game.... "Passport = Full game" at full game release.

On 25/01/2018 at 5:29 AM, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

I see this shit, makes me mad, build hype like 2 years in advance and everyone hyped from announcement died down, and then I don't even have an ETA for how long that beta is gonna be after the modules so no clue if the $30 package is even worth it

Module 1 will stay open to play through out all 3 releases up until the beta releases. Beta will be after all 3 modules and will last until the full game release.

Maybe do some more research please as it has been mentioned that the modules will stay online after each one gets released.

$30 for 3 Modules, Beta and the full game is worth it and well if this was a Triple A game, I am sure you would not be saying it was a scam or cash grab with the same prices and so why now?

On 19/01/2018 at 12:48 PM, MisterBolt said:

The guy who made this thread is in no way, shape or form apart of the Asylum Dev team and so your comment is not anything to do with this post. No use as it is not a dev who made it.

On 1/9/2018 at 4:26 PM, RepoGamer76 said:

Why all the bickering. Take care of yourself how you see fit and play. 

I couldn't agree more. Live your life the way you see fit. 

When I first got into Skyrim I kind of neglected real life, don't get too immersed into games guys lol

On 1/24/2018 at 10:29 PM, Vinnie_Schmittburg said:

I see this shit, makes me mad, build hype like 2 years in advance and everyone hyped from announcement died down, and then I don't even have an ETA for how long that beta is gonna be after the modules so no clue if the $30 package is even worth it, not to mention its a scam IMO because you pay $15 and don't even get beta access, that should be the base game. Thats a cash grab, the devs seem to be working well but fuck the dude behind that shit, wastin my time and money

You're an actual nutcase lmfao

Thanks for caring for the community, but you have to realize that some people will still ignore this and live their life the way they want to do it. I know you've put some time and effort writing all of that. But I'll just say that I have my own priorities.

I'm a night cat and I enjoy staying up until very early morning. Yes I do play a lot of games, but I can't stand being in the same position for too long. I have to move (bathroom, kitchen) so that my legs don't get numb over a long session. I currently have a seasonal job (which will change in the future eventually), I pay bills, and I have goals in my life.

I can't deny it, I'm very hyped for this game, as I already paid $250 in multiple pledges. Will I spend days and night without sleeping? I'm not crazy like that. I used to do "all nighters" before, and try to stay awake for as long as possible. That really messes up my sleep schedule (one of my close friend even said "What sleep schedule?") I know what it is to be addicted, I know what it is to stay up until you pass out on the couch upstairs because your eyelids are getting heavy.

Anyways, I should get some good sleep. Brain.shutdown();