Fabulous

I have been following this game for almost 2.5 years

And I must say, seeing how they have always kept us on the leash with "soon soon".
I am very dissapointed by the release date since I have anticipated this game for so long.
The reason I made this thread is to ask, is anybody in the same position as I am right now?

• Like 3

I imagine the only thing most of us are dissapointed with are one million posts like this that all say the same thing.

• Like 11

I haven't been paying attention to it since I bought a package but that was roughly Six months ago and  I figured there was no reason to just hover over it and pay constant attention to it.. Only reason I came looking is because I got the recent email regarding the updates, decided I'd checkout the forum. Yes, I haven't been waiting nearly as long as the majority. Maybe it dies maybe it's released sooner than later becoming one of the greatest experiences or gaming history or a complete waste of time if the thing never launches:D  Whatever, no reason to hover over it waiting on what maybe never be realized.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

The fact that the module was expected for Q1 2016, I am upset. But again, I am not involved in game development. Glad it has been confirmed, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy about it. I am grateful for it though.

Edited by Notic3
  • Like 1

The full release was set to be 2017 Q4
I just feel cheated with all of these "soon soon"s and release dates that are not going to be kept.
I do think the module will be ready by March but the whole game was supposed to be released right about now.
I do love the game but I hate being dragged along with fake promises.

I am the 221. account on the forums.
The number would be even lower but I was at school when the forum went live.
Which means I have been here longer than 95% of you all.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

The full release was set to be 2017 Q4
I just feel cheated with all of these "soon soon"s and release dates that are not going to be kept.
I do think the module will be ready by March but the whole game was supposed to be released right about now.
I do love the game but I hate being dragged along with fake promises.

Yes a estimate was given as Q4 2017, They have not given any dates actually except for now. They gave time periods when the module was supposed to release but, the developers miscalculated and also had problems along the way. Games have set back all the time and well this is a game in development.

21 minutes ago, Fabulous said:

I am the 221. account on the forums.
The number would be even lower but I was at school when the forum went live.
Which means I have been here longer than 95% of you all.

Yeah, you may be one of the first to sign up on the forum but remember, a lot of people who didn't sign up straight away are kickstarter backers and so that is indeed another factor you need to account for. 

We all have been waiting, some more than others and well we'll have to wait until March 21st. I was slightly disappointed but I am happy and glad it is a date to work with, as well as I can wait as I have been waiting nearly 3 years already. 

I suggest to you keep busy with something else and just be sure to keep up with the updates and then be ready for March 21st. You will be glad in the end to get the module when it comes but I can say it was a bit upsetting to have the "soon" but this is the first official date which actually has been given.

• Like 1

The housing video was a year ago.
Would love to see an update video at least.
We have been patient enough, not to sound demanding but Jesus Christ

• Like 2

@Fabulous To give you an idea.  A simpler, 3D game made from Kickstarter withoutcharacterrender11.png wanting to advertise just want to give an idea...took over 3 years and they are finally releasing alpha. That's just the reality. They too had unrealistic dates at first. It's the largest error one can make.The reality is when you support a game like this, you are taking a risk. You have to be ready for it. This is not a finished game, it's a game that didn't even start yet made by Indies. That leaves a lot of risks and you can't invest your emotions too much into it. Obviously, we can hope, but don't get let down because a KS team is not releasing the game faster or at the speed of large publishers. In the end, it's you that gets hurt the most.

4 hours ago, Fabulous said:

The housing video was a year ago.
Would love to see an update video at least.
We have been patient enough, not to sound demanding but Jesus Christ

I work on an ARMA 3 combat mod, the latest update has taken over a year, and that's just a MOD. Topics like this are counter productive, everyone here is well aware that Asylum have made many PR mistakes, but seriously, it's time to move on already.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

I've been known about this project for awhile as well.

Game development(backend,UI/UX, mechanics, features, assets, balance, customization, documentation, industry partnerships, QA, anticheat, and anything else I missed takes time. Anyone who has worked 14 or more hours a day, doing anything, for multiple days on end knows burn out is real, so maybe you work shorter hours for a week, or take a weekend or vacation day off. That extends the timeline. Sometimes you have to completely clear your head to reapproach a problem. More time.

Also, not all development teams are the same, or progress at the same pace. So they announced dates in the past that they didn't make, mistakes are a human quality. The only one we need to exercise in this process is patience, as the game will still be for sale when it's complete.

• Like 1

"Dont you dare sound your legitimate and fair concerns about this game on these forums"

Same old story round here.

• Like 1

So you're upset. Now what? Everyone wants to play yesterday. There's nothing we can do to make it magically be finished. I don't mean to be harsh or anything, but reality is just that, have to accept it for what it is and look forward to it. There's alot of ways to still interact with the community until release date. Please consider looking into the forums, there are all sorts of things going on to keep us busy until release.

all we can do is patiently wait, and be rewarded with a nice game when it comes, instead of garbage that has been rushed out to meet deadlines.

3 hours ago, Kronic said:

"Dont you dare sound your legitimate and fair concerns about this game on these forums"

Yeah that's the vibe I am getting.

Why is everybody defending the game with their dear life?
Are you that blind to the fact that you have been lied to?
Am I a bad person for being dissapointed in the fact that I was promised something "soon" for literally years.
I am not demanding anything I am just bringing up a discussion...
I am excited for the game but patience wears thin in a certain amount of time.

I come back every few months and just think "wtf" when the town square module hasn't even been released yet or moved maybe a few percent...

• Like 2

If you consider me as someone defending them, I'm not. I'm just stating known facts about the game development process, and the huge investment of time it is. The sentiment of vitriol that some posters project is silly in my mind when they could ask for a refund and be done with it, and/or wait until the game releases.

If you have want to have a legitimate discussion of your concerns, post what concerns you.

To the fact we were lied to? It could be a lie, or a miscalculation, but let me take your perspective that it was a lie:

One explanation I would think of is the company was strapped for cash and needed some hype to get more development bux. If that was true, I personally don't care about how they go about their PR/Marketing gimmicks. I've seen so many companies, that everyday are doing much worse amoral shit to our society that I don't care if pumping cash into their bank account via hype was the reason they missed the first date. Again back to the time sink, I understand that, and time literally costs money.   I pre-purchased the game because I believe in the vision behind it, as well as Asylum's track record from Altis life that's it.

No your not a bad person for being disappointed, hell I get disappointed in peoples actions everyday, but disappointment is different than being bitter, which how I felt your post came off, I could be wrong though, I have been many times before.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fabulous said:

Yeah that's the vibe I am getting.

Why is everybody defending the game with their dear life?
Are you that blind to the fact that you have been lied to?
Am I a bad person for being dissapointed in the fact that I was promised something "soon" for literally years.
I am not demanding anything I am just bringing up a discussion...
I am excited for the game but patience wears thin in a certain amount of time.

I don't think it's defending as much as it gets tiring to hear the same thing. It's like if none of you have seen development before and are surprised. There is nothing new. It's just the reality and I'm stating the facts.
Welcome to backing an indie startup game's company. (with money or with your time). It's the reality that happens over and over again. 

On 02/11/2017 at 9:24 PM, Kronic said:

Yerp

I give it a few hours before this thread is locked my friend @FABULOUS

But the game looks great, I haven't seen anything else worth playing.. And if it's not Massive multi play role play set in modern or cyberpunk word I don't care. This day in gaming all major games should be at least COOP if they're not MMO... And they should have as much interactivity as possible as well as open world, vehicles... AND SHOULD NOT be nothing but combat, because that shit gets old. Games are rated MA-17+ therefore they shouldn't be nothing but K-T content.  YAY!! I have a firearm... Let's shoot stuff... Again and again and again and again...... and.... again and again.. It gets old. Especially when at least half of the potential players 18 and up have used an M16, Hand grenades, and M2 Machine gun, light machine guns, an Mp5 and various other small arms.. After doing it in the world a few times there is nothing grand an mystical about it..  Makes using guns in games as fun as using a car jack or a can opener within a game..  Has a purpose, a tool for the gameplay, but the game should not revolve around, especially now.

I just hope they're setting internal deadlines and meeting those deadlines.. In other worlds.. Getting shit done. Because in the real world there is no well we didn't get it done.. If you want to earn an extension you get one if you earn it.. If not sorry bout that, too bad so sad, because when you're done it's done.. And that's how shit gets done..  

• Like 1

On 11/2/2017 at 1:20 AM, Fabulous said:

And I must say, seeing how they have always kept us on the leash with "soon soon".
I am very dissapointed by the release date since I have anticipated this game for so long.
The reason I made this thread is to ask, is anybody in the same position as I am right now?

I feel the same way, they also keep delaying the video that was supposed to be out 5 dev blogs ago when they said "its pretty much done just finishing up a few animations" I wouldnt be as dissapointed if they showed us gameplay but they havent even done that..

• Like 3

I'm getting that "Fuck this." Sensation.. I'm only gonna live for so many years... And Now the release has been extended to early to mid 2018?  After all of this time they don't have a enough content to release something? These Early access and in development pre-order games just feel like shakedowns, scams. Take pledges yet never release anything.. It could go on forever... Just make enough content for a trailer here and there... Some screen shots, models and textures here and there but never actually complete anything...  

By the time this is released I may completely forget about it..

Let's face it, right now video games are circling the drain again therefore if someone doesn't do something huge  to enhance gaming then mainstream gaming will go down.  

• Like 3

Y'all will get over it in 4 months or so. I've been waiting since the very beginning. Game development takes time, try doing it yourself.

It won't be the end of the world. People complain left and right like they are going homeless over it. Chill man, you'll forget this post exists in a few months.
You have your whole life ahead of you mates you can wait 4 months lol.

if you want to do something about it, join their dev team

None of you must follow Star Citizens development then :P

Take your time. This and SC are going to take all my time up lol

• Like 1