Hill

Face Cam Synchronization

So I was watching a video on Star Citizen and learned they're planning a feature that'll synchronize your facial expressions and lip movement with your in-game character via webcam, this however being an optional feature per character. I thought it was pretty sweet and pondered "what if Identity had this feature?". I checked through suggestions and found out it hadn't been suggested and I don't think it is a planned feature, so here I am suggesting it.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be neat if lip movement and facial synchronization was made possible via webcam tracking making for more fluent, more immersive character interaction.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Hill said:

So I was watching a video on Star Citizen and learned they're planning a feature that'll synchronize your facial expressions and lip movement with your in-game character via webcam, this however being an optional feature per character. I thought it was pretty sweet and pondered "what if Identity had this feature?". I checked through suggestions and found out it hadn't been suggested and I don't think it is a planned feature, so here I am suggesting it.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't it be neat if lip movement and facial synchronization was made possible via webcam tracking making for more fluent, more immersive character interaction.

They have a deal with a company who has that technology but great idea!!!

IDK, it's too expensive and I think that is a good idea but there are other priorities (I have Star Citizen and it's pretty cool)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eriberto said:

IDK, it's too expensive and I think that is a good idea but there are other priorities (I have Star Citizen and it's pretty cool)

I was thinking the same thing, all n' all I just thought it was an interesting pitch.

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

They have a deal with a company who has that technology but great idea!!!

Where do you go about getting these contacts? 0.o

7 minutes ago, MntnChicken said:

Where do you go about getting these contacts? 0.o

Idk, Star Citizen has the money to make deals for expensive things. 

10 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Idk, Star Citizen has the money to make deals for expensive things. 

More than 100.000.000 right?

43 minutes ago, Eriberto said:

More than 100.000.000 right?

Yes $100 Million, which I am sure is more than enough!