Dilsea

Propper kidnapping system

I know that kidnapping will be in the game but I'd really like to see some sort of a cool system where when you make the person surrender you can tie there hands and feet and bag their head so you can drive to a disclosed location to bounty them or whatever. I'd also like to see a way to take their communication and such :D

Restrain them, blindfold them, put them in the trunk of a hijacked car, and jump it into the ocean. You'll be the serial killer with no trace to follow 

Edited by TheHellmare
  • Like 1

It would be so cool if you can kidnap say a delivery person who works for a company or maybe a director or high ranking menber of a company and demand a ransom and then the victims of this can work with the police to try catch the criminals by a money drop or a tracer in the cash so it can lead the police to where the hostage is 

20 hours ago, GreyFox said:

I know that kidnapping will be in the game but I'd really like to see some sort of a cool system where when you make the person surrender you can tie there hands and feet and bag their head so you can drive to a disclosed location to bounty them or whatever. I'd also like to see a way to take their communication and such :D

Since kidnapping is already in the game, I imagine that when you go to kidnap someone, it will "bind their hands" or something automatically or restrict their ability to use certain actions. It would completely ruin the immersion if it simply said "You are kidnapped" even though you could still sprint, use every action, pull out weapons or whatever, so I think they'll have that part already considered.

Although, a blindfold/bag would be a good idea and would definitely add to the roleplay, making it harder for them to make their way home if they try to escape so good idea there! :D

18 hours ago, TheHellmare said:

Restrain them, blindfold them, put them in the trunk of a hijacked car, and jump it into the ocean. You'll be the cereal killer with no trace to follow 

"Trunking" them would also be a super cool idea, although, I feel like the driving into the ocean thing could be so easily abused and a lot of people would just be kidnapping each other and drowning them haha. But I do like the idea of being able to put them in the trunk. Maybe a way to choose which seat (or the trunk) that you want to place them in, like a little popup hud when they are standing next to the car.

Also, I'm so sorry but I just have to correct you:  Serial Killer not Cereal haha.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrianHx said:

Since kidnapping is already in the game, I imagine that when you go to kidnap someone, it will "bind their hands" or something automatically or restrict their ability to use certain actions. It would completely ruin the immersion if it simply said "You are kidnapped" even though you could still sprint, use every action, pull out weapons or whatever, so I think they'll have that part already considered.

Although, a blindfold/bag would be a good idea and would definitely add to the roleplay, making it harder for them to make their way home if they try to escape so good idea there! :D

"Trunking" them would also be a super cool idea, although, I feel like the driving into the ocean thing could be so easily abused and a lot of people would just be kidnapping each other and drowning them haha. But I do like the idea of being able to put them in the trunk. Maybe a way to choose which seat (or the trunk) that you want to place them in, like a little popup hud when they are standing next to the car.

Also, I'm so sorry but I just have to correct you:  Serial Killer not Cereal haha.

Phone auto correct sucks... also, I think trunking could work in a few ways. Maybe allow the hostage to bump around a bit, make some noise. Also, some cars often have a release hatch, so you'd have to be smart with the vehicle choice. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHellmare said:

Phone auto correct sucks... also, I think trunking could work in a few ways. Maybe allow the hostage to bump around a bit, make some noise. Also, some cars often have a release hatch, so you'd have to be smart with the vehicle choice. 

I like what you said about the "Maybe allow the hostage to bump around". They could take some damage when you do it though. Very minor damage, nothing that bad but noticeable. Nothing lethal though. But it'd be good if you wanted to scare them or make them think wisely about trying to escape or annoy you.

And as for "release hatch", are you talking about the button that a lot of newer model cars have that unlocks and pops the trunk open a bit? If so, then yeah, that would be excellent and like you said: you'd have to be smart with which car you choose. For example, with the "Cabbie" citizenship purchase, it mentions an old, rusty sort of car so that might not work as well as another type of vehicle like maybe a minivan or one of the sports vehicles?

9 minutes ago, xBrianHx said:

I like what you said about the "Maybe allow the hostage to bump around". They could take some damage when you do it though. Very minor damage, nothing that bad but noticeable. Nothing lethal though. But it'd be good if you wanted to scare them or make them think wisely about trying to escape or annoy you.

And as for "release hatch", are you talking about the button that a lot of newer model cars have that unlocks and pops the trunk open a bit? If so, then yeah, that would be excellent and like you said: you'd have to be smart with which car you choose. For example, with the "Cabbie" citizenship purchase, it mentions an old, rusty sort of car so that might not work as well as another type of vehicle like maybe a minivan or one of the sports vehicles?

Not so much of the button, vans primarially have that. But many older and newer cars with an actual trunk have a type of 'rip cord' which you can pull to open the trunk assuming someone ever got locked in. It hangs from the roof of the door. If your hands were tied from the front it's be easy to grab. If you were restrained from behind however it's a bit more difficult

Edited by TheHellmare
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheHellmare said:

Not so much of the button, vans primarially have that. But many older and newer cars with an actual trunk have a type of 'rip cord' which you can pull to open the trunk assuming someone ever got locked in. It hands from the roof of the door. If your hands were tied from the front it's be easy to grab. If you were restrained from behind however it's a bit more difficult

Ah, I see what you mean. I was thinking of the button that a driver has on the dashboard or on his door so that he can pop the trunk (we actually call it a "boot" here in Scotland and UK haha) and quickly go round to get something from it, but I like your idea as well!

Don't quote me on this since I'm not exactly sure, but I believe the action menu is a sort of circular wheel-select system (don't know what to call it) or so I think I saw from one of the trailer videos. Maybe when binding their hands, there will be an option on the menu of which side you want to bind their hands at and other kidnapping abilities like "Search" and "Kick Down" like in the Arma 3 mod.

Edited by xBrianHx
  • Like 1

I wish we could blindfold, handcuff them and pull them around so they don't have the chance to move and we can do whatever we want with them.

• Like 1

On 20/08/2017 at 1:47 PM, Montaxx said:

I wish we could blindfold, handcuff them and pull them around so they don't have the chance to move and we can do whatever we want with them.

I think they should still have the ability to escape so that it's not too OP but they would require another player to uncuff/unbind their hands and remove their blindfold.

They should still be able to run whilst blindfolded and handcuffed/hand-binded.

• Like 1