Sign in to follow this  
hightowermusic

Game Questions

The items you receive depending on which pack you buy. Are those items going to transfer to the finished servers? How much money do you get when you start the game? I've seen a few "Refund" posts. Do you offer our money back if we decided we don't like the game? Does this include the $30 pack? Everything included with the packs are ready to be used when I get into the game right now? The videos only display a first person mode. Are there other camera modes? Is there an in game store to purchase items? Can you trade items and money with other players? It is stated that your character can die. I can be murdered at any random time? Is this only a "flagged" pvp thing available worldwide or just between gangs? What age can you create your character? Can you be a 12 year old kid or a 90 year old grandpa? Do I need to eat or can starvation kill me? Once the game is purchased right now, am I done paying for content or will there be a monthly charge to play on your servers? Is there a charge to be revived by an EMT? Do I get billed for mechanic services? Fireman? Police? If yes to any of these questions... Is Obummercare available and how much are the monthly premiums?

That's a lot of questions for right now. Thanks in advance :)

Edited by hightowermusic
  • Like 1

The items you receive are items for the finished servers. The Town Square module is just a preview module. The level of studio or apartment you've pledged for will be available during the Town Square module, so you can try to customize that one. If you've pledged for a studio, one bedroom apartment, or a luxery one bedroom apartment, you'll get try that one out! If your pledge holds a vehicle as a bonus, you'll have to wait to try your car/motor. There won't be vehicles in the Town Square module.

As for refunds, as far as I see they refund before the module gets released. I'm uncertain of what happens after that point. If I were them I'd close the refunds after the first module, or at least before the beta starts. But it's up to them. @LuckyDuck should be able to provide more info on this.

There are other camera modes. The game defaults to third person even! But first person is accessible as well, as you've seen.

You will be able to trade yes! And there's banking, so there's that.

Getting murdered is not possible in safe zones (your own place, malls, or anything with metal detectors at the doors. And even outside, RDM'ing is harder because of an implemented stress system. The less stress your character has, the less damage it will take. It will work more complicated as this I'm sure. We'll see in time.

The age I'm unsure of, but seeing kids are not in game, it's safe to say 18 or 21 as a minimum. Anything adult, just unsure which law they'll follow for this. I believe you can make an elder character, just unsure what the maximum age will be.

You CAN eat and drink, but not doing so won't kill you. It will give you negative effects such as decreased stamina, to sum one up.

There will be no monthly pay. Buy once, play forever. And the only planned micro-transactions are apartments, cars, clothing. Nothing to unbalance gameplay. And nothing you really need to play the game fair.

About the being billed part. Yes you get billed for services like that. Police for example get passive pay, but most of their income still comes from arrests and other jobs they do. Safe to say EMT's will get the same treatment, or any government provided service.

I don't know about a healthcare plan.

I hope this suffices a bit. :) Also read the FAQ's. There's plenty (per subfora even!)

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Genesai said:

As for refunds, as far as I see they refund before the module gets released. I'm uncertain of what happens after that point. If I were them I'd close the refunds after the first module, or at least before the beta starts. But it's up to them. @LuckyDuck should be able to provide more info on this.

@hightowermusic Hey, as far as refunds go and to the purchase of the game. In-fact you are donating (Pledging) right now to help the dev fund this game and make it reality. The devs are refunding those who ask before the first module is out but really don't have to as you are donating and they are giving you items/ the game as a thank you for helping them out in the very early stages. After the first module releases they likely won't give the refunds but that is not a certain answer and so it is really down to them if they close the refund option. 

There will be no subscription for the game and if you pledge, $15 or more now you will get the Passport (Full Game) and anything else if it states it. The 3 Modules are an Alpha stage; 1st Module, the Town Square also known as the social Module will include your apartment if you have one but will not include the money as it is not needed in the module as everything will be free as of then to test. Cars will not be featured until the 3rd and Final module and that is when you will be able to test and view your pledge vehicle if anything. The pledge items will be available in Beta and then will be available in the Full game as all progress before full release will be reset.

As for age, you cannot have a kid/ teen avatar and it will be only an adult one. You can make your avatar look old but no kid avatars. You can role-play as someones else's grown-up kid/ (Adult). The game will be age rated 18+

If you look at the Apartment customisation video, you would see that they show off 3rd person view a little.

so... what exactly do we get to play right now? Town Square? Lets say I buy the $30 pack and I decide I like the game. Can I add another pack later?

Edited by hightowermusic

Nothing has been released yet. The first module (Town Square) should come out pretty soon. The other two modules will follow in quicker succession though. Then it'll go into a full closed beta period before release.

oh ok. So no game play at all until beta. Any idea when beta will start? Think I read January 2018. Is that still the date?

There are no set dates. Not officially anyway. There are only community estimates. Guessing when the beta will start, even before we have had any of the three modules released is just a crazy man's job. It's an impossible task.

Edit: No there will be gameplay from module 1, Town Square. Read around a bit, read the FAQs all over the forums please. I have two of them linked in my signature, and there's more per sub forum.

Edited by Genesai

On 7/30/2017 at 9:42 PM, hightowermusic said:

so... what exactly do we get to play right now? Town Square? Lets say I buy the $30 pack and I decide I like the game. Can I add another pack later?

Yes you can purchase an upgrade before official release but it will be more expensive after the modules are released.

• Like 1