sniper590590

Expand to console?

I know that some may disagree with me on this... But could it be possible that you do shared servers with consoles just like what the game War Thunder did? I mean, not everyone has good computers but do have a console that could possibly run the game.. War Thunder makes some really good money from being cross-platform, so maybe Identity could do the same? Just a thought..

11 minutes ago, sniper590590 said:

I know that some may disagree with me on this... But could it be possible that you do shared servers with consoles just like what the game War Thunder did? I mean, not everyone has good computers but do have a console that could possibly run the game.. War Thunder makes some really good money from being cross-platform, so maybe Identity could do the same? Just a thought..

There hasn't even been talk of releasing Identity on consoles. It may never happen. So asking whether Asylum Ent. could make servers cross-platform, is a bit premature.

6 minutes ago, Genesai said:

There hasn't even been talk of releasing Identity on consoles. It may never happen. So asking whether Asylum Ent. could make servers cross-platform, is a bit premature.

Talk has to start somewhere, i mean.. These things never happen unless if brought up in different forums and other places. It would also spread its popularity much, much faster if it did go cross platform. But like i said, it was only a thought. I don't expect this to go anywhere to be honest.

The developer already spoke of this. You should read the FAQ.

They will look into porting the game to console once it's fully released.
So in all fairness that might be around 2019 / 2020 ( and it's not even sure )

On 18/07/2017 at 1:12 PM, sniper590590 said:

There is no plan for any console release now or in the future but they will look into console porting after the full game release. That is not a promise to release the game to consoles but a promise to look further into porting. The current developers have no experience/ don't know how to port / create a game for consoles.

There will likely will never be cross platform servers on this game either way as well as the console version if done will likely be (dumb'd down) Changed drastically to fit consoles as also with the graphics as a console cannot handle such high graphics compared to a PC.

Edited by LuckyDuck
Changed wording.

There really is no need to say dumbed down. It is insulting to ppl playing on console and just starts drama. I went from 30+ years gaming on console, to high end gaming. There is way too much animosity towards console gamers and that has alot to do with why some consolers, wont go to PC, because of the stigma that your an idiot, for gaming on console, and cause you didnt pay 500-1000+ for a pc to game with more game, but same or worse graphics as console. If games are ported to console, which I hope does NOT happen with Identity, then it WILL be a much SMALLER, not dumber, version...

We can clearly see how much extra content is added to games like GTA V when it went to XB1 an PS4 from 360 and PS3. Porting to PC from consoles, gained even more content in 2160p graphics, and the modding community, and whatever else. We are gamers...no matter what platform you get your game on, we all get Square Eyes.

Yes PC is better than consoles, in some ways not every way. They are better because you have more space, and a plethora of components to choose from. But you PAY for that extra like everything else in life. It's like gaming with a menu. Where console gaming is more express, like choose from door A B or C, Or gaming with a happy meal, or a value meal. It has all that you need but your choice is limited. For a long time I wouldn't even consider PC gaming because of the rivalry betweeen console and PC.

Same as when I was PS fan and never wanted to play xbox. Till PSN got hacked and I needed to play something, so i switched to Xbox too.  We don't argue with mobile gamers because our pc or console has better gaming than cell phones...why? Because it isn't about the best specs always. Gaming is about convenience sometimes. Cant bring your PC or console (realistically) to a bus ride or to work. Then comes Laptops...It's about choices and convenience. Can't we all stop the measuring and get along...as gamers...

Edited by JohnNYBlaze