Boumu

Phone Tapping?

Will phone calls be possible and if so is it possible for phone calls and texts to be recorded by the government if the player is under investigation/parole?

What about Caller ID and Phone Number changing?

I doubt it'll be an actual phone number, probably more like a friend list in MMORPGs- you ask them for their "number", you have access to their profile and you can delete them or block them. I'm just assuming since you're spawning with your phone and phones will work as menus.

Not sure about goverment recording your messages and phone calls... But I think it's unlikely. And boring. Imagine all the messages and phone calls they'd have to go through!

I think the phone list would be comparable to GTA, friends you have added will appear as contacts and you can text and call them. Id love to know if you would be able to call friends who are in different servers.

As for wiretapping, I think it could potentially have a role in Identity but perhpaps in the investigative side of the Law and perhaps after a larger amount of notoriety (or wanted levels) is reached. If wiretapping was accessible for every case then there would be little illusion and it could make things very difficult for the criminals. 

Here is an example of wiretapping that I think could work:

Joe is working a large drug operation, and is suspected of other crimes. He has generated enough notoriety that a player Detective/Investigator (lets call him Bob) has been assigned to his "case". Bob proceeds to investigate but seems to be hitting some dead ends. He submits a request to the courts to wiretap said player and is approved. From there Bob can see that Joe has been texting quite a bit of people offering his "goods and services". Now Bob has more grounds to work off of.

I recall replying a forum post talking about Evidence in court cases. If this system were to be implemented it would give our friend Bob here something to present in court. So thats another way to look at the system that could potentially add a lot of depth the the Law vs Crime aspect of Identity.

1 minute ago, ZombieShock said:

I think the phone list would be comparable to GTA, friends you have added will appear as contacts and you can text and call them. Id love to know if you would be able to call friends who are in different servers.

As for wiretapping, I think it could potentially have a role in Identity but perhpaps in the investigative side of the Law and perhaps after a larger amount of notoriety (or wanted levels) is reached. If wiretapping was accessible for every case then there would be little illusion and it could make things very difficult for the criminals. 

Here is an example of wiretapping that I think could work:

Joe is working a large drug operation, and is suspected of other crimes. He has generated enough notoriety that a player Detective/Investigator (lets call him Bob) has been assigned to his "case". Bob proceeds to investigate but seems to be hitting some dead ends. He submits a request to the courts to wiretap said player and is approved. From there Bob can see that Joe has been texting quite a bit of people offering his "goods and services". Now Bob has more grounds to work off of.

I recall replying a forum post talking about Evidence in court cases. If this system were to be implemented it would give our friend Bob here something to present in court. So thats another way to look at the system that could potentially add a lot of depth the the Law vs Crime aspect of Identity.

Keep in wire tapping isn't something you just "turn on,"  Joel would of have to be wired anonymously by a government worker (small mic slipped in his jacket), also unlikely to happen in game, or have his phone switched out (Which most likely wont be possible)

2 minutes ago, Xentinel said:

Keep in wire tapping isn't something you just "turn on,"  Joel would of have to be wired anonymously by a government worker (small mic slipped in his jacket), also unlikely to happen in game, or have his phone switched out (Which most likely wont be possible)

This is very true, there are some factors blocking this from being a possibility. I presented the idea this way to keep things simple but I very much understand your point. Personally I think it will make the Law enforcement proceed in arrests with much more ease, which isnt necessarily a good thing.

Just now, ZombieShock said:

This is very true, there are some factors blocking this from being a possibility. I presented the idea this way to keep things simple but I very much understand your point. Personally I think it will make the Law enforcement proceed in arrests with much more ease, which isnt necessarily a good thing.

Yeah, I feel like adding this system to the game will not be efficient