The_Orgazoid

Police vs Rebels

Anyone who played Arma 3 Life will know that a lot of servers failed simply because everyone was either a cop or a rebel. Now I know this is a standalone game with RP in mind so the community is going to be a lot better, but I really hope there are enough people to fill in the "civilian" slots, so that we can have some passive roleplay and cars on the streets e.t.c. rather than everyone either a cop or a criminal, which will turn servers into battlefields.

I know that many people want to start up their own businesses, and hopefully 90% of people will play as citizens, with 10% as cops and rebels (in real life this would obviously be even lower). Otherwise I fear servers could just turn into death zones, where if you step outside your house for more than 5 minutes you will be robbed just for the money and no the RP experience (this is what a lot of Altis Life servers are like unfortunately).

They need to make sure that firearms and weapons in general are EXTREMELY hard for civilians to get hold of, and I mean HARD. Like, you have to pay extortionate fees and wait long periods of time to get something like a pistol. This will force people who want to commit crime to think it through more carefully and will result in a better experience for everyone.

3 hours ago, The_Orgazoid said:

Anyone who played Arma 3 Life will know that a lot of servers failed simply because everyone was either a cop or a rebel. Now I know this is a standalone game with RP in mind so the community is going to be a lot better, but I really hope there are enough people to fill in the "civilian" slots, so that we can have some passive roleplay and cars on the streets e.t.c. rather than everyone either a cop or a criminal, which will turn servers into battlefields.

I know that many people want to start up their own businesses, and hopefully 90% of people will play as citizens, with 10% as cops and rebels (in real life this would obviously be even lower). Otherwise I fear servers could just turn into death zones, where if you step outside your house for more than 5 minutes you will be robbed just for the money and no the RP experience (this is what a lot of Altis Life servers are like unfortunately).

They need to make sure that firearms and weapons in general are EXTREMELY hard for civilians to get hold of, and I mean HARD. Like, you have to pay extortionate fees and wait long periods of time to get something like a pistol. This will force people who want to commit crime to think it through more carefully and will result in a better experience for everyone.

There will be a bunch of servers, each with a purpouse of rping. But i can see your concern, when i pass my eyes through this forum i can easily say that there are a bunch of possible criminals and cops. i would say it will be 65% citizens, 20% cops and 15% criminals, but it always depend on how law is being enforced, you will probably think twice when commiting a crime, since there some jobs you can't apply anymore because you have a bad history on police reports and it goes the same way, if there are no cops, and robbing people is easy, criminals will increase dramatically, i will always pay atenttion into that because i will be a small criminal depending on how stuff goes on but tbh you shouldnt be worried, devs said there will be bunch of "safe zones".

sorry for bad english >:) 

-Lexan

• Like 1

If civilin job dont pay enouth . More citizen will become thug . 

If the number lf cops is too low too cause illegal is too easy . 

If illegal work pay so much money for little risk too . 

It's just a balance  of the game i think and not the RP of the people on the server . 

On 2017-6-15 at 6:57 PM, Lexan said:

There will be a bunch of servers, each with a purpouse of rping. But i can see your concern, when i pass my eyes through this forum i can easily say that there are a bunch of possible criminals and cops. i would say it will be 65% citizens, 20% cops and 15% criminals, but it always depend on how law is being enforced, you will probably think twice when commiting a crime, since there some jobs you can't apply anymore because you have a bad history on police reports and it goes the same way, if there are no cops, and robbing people is easy, criminals will increase dramatically, i will always pay atenttion into that because i will be a small criminal depending on how stuff goes on but tbh you shouldnt be worried, devs said there will be bunch of "safe zones".

sorry for bad english >:) 

-Lexan

I just hope we don't see every civilian carrying a firearm and everyone being "opportunistic" robbers, will ruin the game and the RP.

21 hours ago, Hipik47 said:

If civilin job dont pay enouth . More citizen will become thug . 

If the number lf cops is too low too cause illegal is too easy . 

If illegal work pay so much money for little risk too . 

It's just a balance  of the game i think and not the RP of the people on the server . 

The more risk, the bigger the pay. Lower the risk the smaller the pay.

It's not necessarily about how well being a villainous scumbag pays off, neither is it necessarily the sheer amount of cops or other vigilante organizations roaming about. What's often forgotten in the realm of role-play is the fact you're actually supposed to play a ROLE.

Often I've found people play to well, play the game. People tend to limit their realm of possible pursuits to a life solely devoted to riches and fame and often the most profitable solution is illegal so they pursue a life of crime. Later if they're caught up in some trouble or have their skull splattered all over the street well.. it's either some time they complain about because it's simply a "game" or they simply just "died" and respawned and have to rebuy their shit. Now they're bored, they still have all their money, they've died 10 times already and been to jail a handful (and I am being modest), they have cars and maybe a house, and now they're bored and don't know what to do.. so they bait the cops, rob the bank randomly, and in the end they're right back where they started! Bored, loaded, and zero fulfillment.

I also don't think everyone should be CAPABLE of pursuing a life of crime straight off the bat, as in your should have to work towards the ability (or skill) to know how to brew/grow/process an illegal substance. The locations of all of these illegal spots shouldn't be splattered all over the map either IMO.

Here's how I see it, there is rarely any real character development and there's especially nothing emphasizing the value and importance that is your character's life. In most RP circumstances on an ArmA Life server, you do a few hours jail MAYBE for a major crime (if it's a more "serious" server) and death is merely a minor inconvenience at most. There is no real price to pay, no real loss. If you throw your life away in a life of crime (if you don't play it smart of course and get caught) or end up dead in some ditch somewhere, well there should probably be something for you to look forward to avoiding.. and that's REAL consequence. That is how you create real immersion, that is how you give people those real feelings and value of their character's life.. because they put time into developing their specific person into who they wanted them to be, and maybe they've grown attached to their little guy quite a bit and don't want them to go to waste.

Sure, I'd probably still be involved in minor crime myself because that's just the way I am.. but I won't be running up on someone right next to the police station stripping them of their wallet! I won't be honking at the cops baiting them to come chase me because I'm "bored"! I would be focusing on my character's life, and that in my opinion would be.. AWESOME! Because it's real, thrilling, has depth, and overall truly builds on what RP is all about; I mean.. right?

Here's another problem.. People don't know what to do. Maybe you're lost, looking for some divine purpose or some shit. Well newsflash! Life is a rollercoaster of ups, downs, swirls and vomit in your socks! Fortunately for you, this is a lighter version of that where you can pursue careers you could've never possible imagined! Run a Radio Station; News Service; Firefighter; Sheriff; DEA; FBI; State Trooper; Lawyer; Judge; EMT; Nurse; Doctor; Create Films or Art; Run or Work at a Convenience Store; Start your own Business; Run a Car Dealership; Be a Advertiser for other people's Businesses; Brew your own Moonshine and complain about the Locals; Sit around all day demanding more entitlement while smoking it up; Join or Start a Mob; Join or Start a Gang; Live in a Trailer Park and start a series called The Trailer Park Boys; THE LIST GOES ON!

Point is.. There's endless possibility out there for character development and all you need is a name and a face to get started. This isn't a game of cops and robbers where it's about being the "best" or getting all the kills.. In fact, if there was real consequence and your friend died.. they'd really be gone.. imagine that pain of your friend getting shot and killed.. I mean sure, maybe you can play it out like their "cousin" came to town after the incident and decided to stay and you two just so happen to hit it up, but that other guy.. his character as you knew him is dead.

Or here's another scenario.. maybe you got a life sentence.. you could play it out, live a life behind bars.. maybe someone will break you out.. and you might be like "that's fucking lame!" sure, but first of all JAIL SUCKS! It's life, so get used to it! If you become a criminal be smart, then again most people actually value their lives and don't fucking go around shooting and robbing random pedestrians and cops. In this case however, perhaps you'll have the option to "reset" your character. You will lose all stats, your name, your character's assets and traits/flaws and face.. you would be a new person. - Under most circumstances however, you should be forced to go at what life throws at you because THAT'S WHAT LIFE IS and THAT'S WHAT WE'RE ROLEPLAYING.

Point is.. I want to play a hardcore roleplay server with hardcore consequences.. and if a serious community does things right.. they can have a pretty sweet setup.

I've heard about GTA life communities with these types of consequences.. and tell you what despite how scary it sounds to those who don't give a shit about RP.. people love it! It makes the experience SOOO much more real, immersive, and overall it makes your time invested feel more valuable and devoted towards something real.. because behind these pixels are real people making a real impact, a real effort to create something real.. and that's RP.

Ehh.. I'm rambling, I apologize. As if anyone will read this anyway xD 

Edited by Hill