Bellanova

Map Decoration

I have known that the developers of this game stem off from the creation of the Altis Life mod for Arma. Until today I had never had any interest at looking into what Arma is. When I saw a YouTube video, I was immediately unimpressed. The map is bland and empty. The "forests" are made up of like 7 trees spread apart from each other. The towns are very small and spread out and the building don't reach higher than 2 stories anywhere. I understand that the Identity devs didn't create the Arma map, and so that's why I am hoping that they are going to do a better job at making the map feel fuller and vibrant with color and life. So far the cities look pretty dense and that's what I've always liked about the GTA V map, and I am happy so far with how Identity is doing that. In the trailer video, there was a clip with a white house in the middle of a forest, and I am hoping that the trees are going to be that tall and full and green. The clip with the rifle is also very nice because you can see that the trees block the sunlight from coming in except for the spots where there are breaks in the leaves. I am just hoping that Identity puts enough decoration and life into the map which is much more than I can say for plenty of other MMOs. 

Thanks for listening to this rant which ultimately serves no purpose. Have a nice day. Leave your thoughts below.

• Like 5

Same, I hope it doesn't end up lame asf with a bland yellow-orange filter over it like GTA lol

• Like 1

That's the fucking style that they use, they poured countless hours into the making of the maps on Arma 3 and they done a great job... it's people like you that are unappreciative of hard work.-_-

34 minutes ago, Frooty said:

That's the fucking style that they use, they poured countless hours into the making of the maps on Arma 3 and they done a great job... it's people like you that are unappreciative of hard work.-_-

Well, he has a point about the forests being shit and such. + they couldn't really be more dense @Devonor because Arma I don't believe is properly optimised and so more dense areas would lag everyone making the game even more unbearable but still a good point that we don't want the identity map to turn out like that even though it is a pretty good map.

1 hour ago, Frooty said:

lol are you really gonna get butt hurt because I made a suggestion? I don't care if the company spent time making the Arma map, just because it's big doesn't mean that it's good. It is empty and bland. I am certain that Identity Developers are going to do better. I literally didn't say one rude thing about Arma I just said FACTS. The map is not pretty. Like James said, the game is not optimized for stunning graphics and full environments. The game is meant for military games. Please learn to take criticism; and considering I wasn't even criticizing you or your work, you're kind of being a dick. I started a genuine conversation and you are the one that got angry.

2 hours ago, Devonor said:

lol are you really gonna get butt hurt because I made a suggestion? I don't care if the company spent time making the Arma map, just because it's big doesn't mean that it's good. It is empty and bland. I am certain that Identity Developers are going to do better. I literally didn't say one rude thing about Arma I just said FACTS. The map is not pretty. Like James said, the game is not optimized for stunning graphics and full environments. The game is meant for military games. Please learn to take criticism; and considering I wasn't even criticizing you or your work, you're kind of being a dick. I started a genuine conversation and you are the one that got angry.

It's their style, they don't want it to be full of towns/cities and they certainly don't want big woods/forests. They tried to balance it between combat areas with cover and without cover. I am talking about Altis, if you are talking about Stratis which is the one with a bunch of hills and almost nothing to it then i agree. But Altis actually has quite a bit to that map. I have created maps for some games and from experience i can tell you it is no easy or quick job.

And for you to be unimpressed of Arma 3 is pretty stupid... the game is outstanding there is so much to it.

Also if you look at the picture of the map they've shown us it seems quite full i really think that the map will be one of the best features of the game, it already is a huge map and from the looks of it the developers really like to go into detail with their stuff.. i don't want to get my hopes up high but i'm expecting an amazing map.

• Like 1

Personally I don't understand how anyone can think the Arma 3 map looks bad, it's mostly based of real life and I find it looking amazing. I'm all for dense forests and cities, but If the Identity map manages to look as good or better than the Arma 3 map I will be more than happy.

5 hours ago, Ubbe said:

Personally I don't understand how anyone can think the Arma 3 map looks bad, it's mostly based of real life and I find it looking amazing. I'm all for dense forests and cities, but If the Identity map manages to look as good or better than the Arma 3 map I will be more than happy.

The Identity map is 100% going to look better than Arma