Sign in to follow this  
TheoGT

Nametags

Will all the players have their name tags above their head, Like they do in V? I think it would sort of ruin the RP as people could instantly know who you are even if they've never met you before. In my opinion it should work like this: Whenever you meet someone for the first time they will either have 'Unknown' as an nametag or just have no name tag at all. Then, you can either set their name tag as whatever you want like for example 'Gun supplier' or something. They could also show you ID which would have their name, DOB, stuff like that and you will be able to see their full name.

Yor opinions on how name tags should work? I'm open to ideas I know my idea isn't perfect.

7 minutes ago, TheoGT said:

Will all the players have their name tags above their head, Like they do in V? I think it would sort of ruin the RP as people could instantly know who you are even if they've never met you before. In my opinion it should work like this: Whenever you meet someone for the first time they will either have 'Unknown' as an nametag or just have no name tag at all. Then, you can either set their name tag as whatever you want like for example 'Gun supplier' or something. They could also show you ID which would have their name, DOB, stuff like that and you will be able to see their full name.

Yor opinions on how name tags should work? I'm open to ideas I know my idea isn't perfect.

In official servers I can't remember if the names will be up above everyone's heads before you meet or greet that said person but if you do greet, then you will see the name permanenly above their heads. Private servers can however turn it off.

7 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

In official servers I can't remember if the names will be up above everyone's heads before you meet or greet that said person but if you do greet, then you will see the name permanenly above their heads. Private servers can however turn it off.

I remember reading that once you reach a certain radius of a person you can see their names but items like balaclavas and masks hide this.

9 minutes ago, Judgement said:

I remember reading that once you reach a certain radius of a person you can see their names but items like balaclavas and masks hide this.

Maybe that is how they are doing it for official servers but the option I gave is something that private servers can do or have it permanently on or maybe off.

For sure I think you need to greet someone first if this isn't it could just ruin it. And masks should hide your identity.