Cstove

Player Height

So as of now weight and muscle wont be at the launch of Identity, but the devs hope to add it later after launch.  I was thinking what about height.  In every RP game everyone is always the same base height.  I think it would be cool if we could change our height when creating out character.  Maybe having a minimum height of 5'4" and a max of 6'8" or so what ever the devs see best fit.  Also maybe height can affect some traits of your character.  Like the shorter you are the faster/ longer you can run and maybe the taller you are the more you can carry.  I don't know this is just a rough idea that I could see the Devs balancing and possibly adding.  I'm just tired of everyone always being the same height, and also girls are almost generally shorter than guys, so maybe the tallest girl would only be 6'3" or so.  What do you guys think about this??

• Like 4

YAY good Idea I've always wanted to Roleplay Rob Ford. Not too tall and very obese, this would allow me to do it just right

rob_ford2.jpg

Edited by Luck
  • Like 2

On 2.4.2017 at 0:59 AM, Cstove said:

So as of now weight and muscle wont be at the launch of Identity, but the devs hope to add it later after launch.  I was thinking what about height.  In every RP game everyone is always the same base height.  I think it would be cool if we could change our height when creating out character.  Maybe having a minimum height of 5'4" and a max of 6'8" or so what ever the devs see best fit.  Also maybe height can affect some traits of your character.  Like the shorter you are the faster/ longer you can run and maybe the taller you are the more you can carry.  I don't know this is just a rough idea that I could see the Devs balancing and possibly adding.  I'm just tired of everyone always being the same height, and also girls are almost generally shorter than guys, so maybe the tallest girl would only be 6'3" or so.  What do you guys think about this??

Personally I would love it if we got to choose the height in inches or cm's. Many games just have the odd slider which you move up and down. Then you either find your character to be too short or too tall haha. If I had the certain height in place and I knew what it was I would be happy :).

Restricting or buffing characters regarding height or weight I'm not too keen on :).

On 4/2/2017 at 4:59 PM, Cstove said:

I agree with @Charmeley, there might be potential guides that come out on how to get specific buffs when creating your character and could provide some unfair advantages to players who found these guides after others had already completed their character. If it could be fair in some way, however, then I believe it might be a great addition to the game. Otherwise, I do believe that having certain heights that are labeled as the actual height instead of just a slider that is Short → Tall. Great idea @Cstove, your posts always get me thinking :)

Have an amazing day,

~ SummitsEdge

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Charmeley said:

Personally I would love it if we got to choose the height in inches or cm's. Many games just have the odd slider which you move up and down. Then you either find your character to be too short or too tall haha. If I had the certain height in place and I knew what it was I would be happy :).

Restricting or buffing characters regarding height or weight I'm not too keen on :).

I personally would like it in inches/ feet. 

15 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

I agree with @Charmeley, there might be potential guides that come out on how to get specific buffs when creating your character and could provide some unfair advantages to players who found these guides after others had already completed their character. If it could be fair in some way, however, then I believe it might be a great addition to the game. Otherwise, I do believe that having certain heights that are labeled as the actual height instead of just a slider that is Short → Tall. Great idea @Cstove, your posts always get me thinking :)

Have an amazing day,

~ SummitsEdge

Thanks man! :)