Sign in to follow this  
Frostybeans

"Donate"

hey all, i was wondering if anyone could solve this for me, its stopping me a bit from actually buying the game.

is there a reason you cant just buy the game vs the pledge and donate button. with it being a donate is there any accountability on releasing the game, or what could be considered a game, i hate to look suspicious but enough early access and per-orders have put a very sour taste in my mouth, though I'm battling as i love this idea and want to play this as i type.

so short and sweet, why mark is as a donate button instead of buy game.

Because they don't have an actual product TO sell. You're not BUYING the game right now. The developers allowing access to the game for us "Buying" it right now is them being gracious about us donating. It's still a donation but with a reward. Like (Sorry) on Minecraft servers. Getting gear from donating is them being courteous. Technically yes they can stop development and we legally cannot do anything about it because it is a DONATION. Not a purchase. 

Donations help to fund the development and as Exactakatsuki said, they could stop and legally there is nothing to be done. But as far as the developers and community seem, it looks like a strongly supported game going on. Nobody is forcing you to donate or purchase the game, but a little amount can go a long way towards the game. Plus a small amount of incentives with every donation kind of helps you out when the game does come around.

• Like 1