Tongi

Game is a scam?

On 3/24/2017 at 12:48 PM, BennLeww said:

I'm not convinced about this game. I'm involved in a small team creating a game and we have already created more content than what identity has shown. What I have seen from identity can be done in a couple of weeks with a small team.

So this game you're backing must be close to the same size and scale as Identity, otherwise to compare it to Identity would be silly. Thank you so much for making my point...To me that's a few weeks NOT working on the game, to make video's, just so you can feel more secure about investing in Identity...Please...tell me what game your working on...I really need to see what you are comparing this game too. I backed a game too that had a nice size of it's game ready for the kickstarter...Does that mean that Identity shoulda had something playable for their kickstarter...Although I'm sure they would have LOVED to be able to do that. But this is a very ambitious game even for a developer like Rockstar to undertake...

How long do you think it would take Rockstar to make a game of this scale? I'd say atleast 10+ years, and we wouldn't hear SQUAT about it for quite a few of those years, to say the least. I feel it's completely unreasonable to push this team...Either give them the space they need and they help to make a game that can truly set apart PC gaming from anything else. Or...don't back it. But you guys need to stop planting your seeds of doubt! It isn't helping anything... For someone who develops games, I'm not sure I buy that honestly, You don't seem very empathetic. Like the other gentleman that @ShiEksdee who seemed to know exactly what he was talking about, and didn't judge them based on what other teams have done. 

Edited by JohnNYBlaze
  • Like 1

On 24.3.2017 at 5:48 PM, BennLeww said:

I'm not convinced about this game. I'm involved in a small team creating a game and we have already created more content than what identity has shown. What I have seen from identity can be done in a couple of weeks with a small team.

Show us your big content  

giphy.gif

I find it interesting that you somehow do not question why the dates are sometimes shifted so much. I know enough games where the developers got really annoyed with the community for this 'impudence'. For me that's not a scam, but I think it's a shame that the dates have shifted so often and for me there are only two alternatives as the game will be at the end: either completely cool or complete garbage.