Joshua_Else

Running The Game

6 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yeah but remember they said for now, that is what you will need to run the game meaning more like the modules and beta as they will be upgrading the graphics over time. 

Also I don't really count that as a estimation for it. They don't know yet about the full game and so really cannot tell you that at this point but for the current state of the game it would be fine.

You can always optimize. It's up to them to make it a game that's able to run.

5 minutes ago, Arky said:

You can always optimize. It's up to them to make it a game that's able to run.

I can say @Joshua_Else you can always aim for one of the highest ended PC's and set a goal, if you fall short of the goal ask your parents if they can chip in and also maybe if that is still a bit short, you can always downgrade some stuff/ goal.

For instance I am going to be buying a brand new pc even though I could probably run the game on this one, but I am going for a much better computer. Some things I will be getting; GPU: GTX 1080 (a bit over the top but oh well), Hard Drive 3TB (again over the top), 32 GB RAM, and CPU: i7 (not sure which one yet. My budget limit is £2000. 

5 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I can say @Joshua_Else you can always aim for one of the highest ended PC's and set a goal, if you fall short of the goal ask your parents if they can chip in and also maybe if that is still a bit short, you can always downgrade some stuff/ goal.

For instance I am going to be buying a brand new pc even though I could probably run the game on this one, but I am going for a much better computer. Some things I will be getting; GPU: GTX 1080 (a bit over the top but oh well), Hard Drive 3TB (again over the top), 32 GB RAM, and CPU: i7 (not sure which one yet. My budget limit is £2000. 

No game even requires 10 gbs of ram. Or are you going to be rendering videos?

48 minutes ago, Joshua_Else said:

So the game isn't being released till this summer?

And aren't there any thing I can do now to earn some money?!

I would suggest trying to get a job that pays under the table, as most places don't hire people under 16. Or depending on where you live, if it's still winter where you are, walk around your neighborhood and offer to shovels driveways! I would also try doing chores around the house, maybe your parent will you pay a few extra bucks. Other than that I would just try and save holiday money. Good luck to you! ^_^ I need to get a new computer as well, seeing as my current PC runs Ark like shit, so good luck to the both of us!

23 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Don't suppose your selling any of the parts from your old computer?!

45 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

im sure your bragging is very helpful here. but you should get an ssd.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I can't see you getting a build of that calibre out of £2000. From your current specs I would imagine you are aiming for 4K gaming, which means you will need a monitor which by itself starts at around £800 for a decent size. High end i7's are also in the range of about £400+, your GPU won't set you back too badly, you're getting way too much RAM unless you need to complete tasks with heavy processing demand (Rendering etc) As well as that if you want watercooling/funky case/branded mouse, keyboard headset etc they will cost a load too. 

Edit - I was wrong, I don't think your GPU would be powerful enough for 4K gaming. I completely forgot about how 4K GPU's ramp up the price of a build, I see what you're doing now.

Edited by Kickapoo

2 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

I can't see you getting a build of that calibre out of £2000. From your current specs I would imagine you are aiming for 4K gaming, which means you will need a monitor which by itself starts at around £800 for a decent size. High end i7's are also in the range of about £400+, your GPU won't set you back too badly, you're getting way too much RAM unless you need to complete tasks with heavy processing demand (Rendering etc) As well as that if you want watercooling/funky case/branded mouse, keyboard headset etc they will cost a load too. 

Edit - I was wrong, I don't think your GPU would be powerful enough for 4K gaming. I completely forgot about how 4K GPU's ramp up the price of a build, I see what you're doing now.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ £1900 but if you wanna give me a build which includes those main parts GPU: GTX 1080, HDD: 3 TB, CPU: i7 6700k, MSI Motherboard. RAM: 32 GB.

I am not fussed over 4k, I just want 1440p or 1080p.

2 hours ago, PlayerOne said:

im sure your bragging is very helpful here. but you should get an ssd.

I would but It is too expensive. Also I am not bragging, I am just stating what I want to get... I don't have that, I just put the budget as £2000 because that is the max I am willing to spend. ( Well I guess I said it like I was bragging) but really I meant I have a fairly decent pc but I need a new CPU as it is like a i5 3340 or something and because I also want to have a work station I think I might as well go for the best possible one under my budget.

2 hours ago, Joshua_Else said:

Don't suppose your selling any of the parts from your old computer?!

Nah sorry, this pc is not for sale, I want it more as a work station and maybe I will stream through on this one so I don't lag a lot on that one but maybe will stream mainly on the new pc as this will be more a work station.

3 hours ago, Arky said:

No game even requires 10 gbs of ram. Or are you going to be rendering videos?

I know, it is more for speed of the computer processing things. I hate slow computers and I may stream on it. 

• Like 1