Levi_King

Server cost?

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Yes, I won't rule that out but then again the main testing will be with Beta.

Definitely. I'm not sure why people are so upset over having to wait for a game of all new levels on so many aspects. When you contributed on kickstarter, or even now, you got "beta" access which comes after the alpha stage which is seemingly going to be limited to staff and maybe select few others. 

4 minutes ago, Kraztec said:

Definitely. I'm not sure why people are so upset over having to wait for a game of all new levels on so many aspects. When you contributed on kickstarter, or even now, you got "beta" access which comes after the alpha stage which is seemingly going to be limited to staff and maybe select few others. 

Well, like us; a lot of the people who don't join in at kickstarter want the game rushed which they don't realise that is the part what makes the game shit and not how it was told to become. If people were more like us with being patient then it would be great but being too patient can be a issue. However, patience is a virtue and will always out-weigh with positives than negatives. 

That, and having produced applications programs and games previously, I know what it takes to develop quality as opposed to short lived products. You can't rush success and people who try, don't really need to be a part of the success.

14 minutes ago, Kraztec said:

That, and having produced applications programs and games previously, I know what it takes to develop quality as opposed to short lived products. You can't rush success and people who try, don't really need to be a part of the success.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

-Shinguru Miyamoto

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

-Shinguru Miyamoto

Could not have worded it any better myself.

18 hours ago, PlayerOne said:

the quote is stupid ofc. nowadays you update / patch a game via the internet.

Not necessarily. Release day is still huge for reviews and generally when you make most of your money. While you can make a crap game good post release (BF4 is a good example) it will never live up to what it could have been, had it been near perfect on launch.

you just need to call it early access :) i agree to a certain degree though. the initial hype is a great opportunity. 

for games that dont rely on the narrative - sandbox games - it should be more important to test the game early in development. at least thats what garry newman wrote.

the quote is from the mid 90s though. 

Take Battlefield Hardline.. Didn't have such great a response after alpha, or closed beta yet people still played. Once it went live, it became the quickest Battlefield to die basically.