adricopter

New Inventions?

15 minutes ago, adricopter said:

Could you be an inventor who invents new and other-worldly stuff not viable in real life?

Doubt it. You can't even make technology 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

We can't building too, only build small things like furniture and so on.

You can use pre existing buildings to build up businesses 

I think that if the devs make a little bit effort would be able to build in game, like Wurm.
Would be so cool the career: builder or mason.

52 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

I think that if the devs make a little bit effort would be able to build in game, like Wurm.
Would be so cool the career: builder or mason.

Well, there are a few problems with everyone being able to build in the game. First of all, I'm sure they'll be plenty of trolls who build sexually explicit buildings all over the place, which could get the game banned from sites like Youtube or Twitch. Secondly, giving everyone the ability to build would induce a lot of lag on the servers. Although it would be cool to be able to build your own houses, they want to use those resources for other features! ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Hatoful said:

Well, there are a few problems with everyone being able to build in the game. First of all, I'm sure they'll be plenty of trolls who build sexually explicit buildings all over the place, which could get the game banned from sites like Youtube or Twitch. Secondly, giving everyone the ability to build would induce a lot of lag on the servers. Although it would be cool to be able to build your own houses, they want to use those resources for other features! ^_^ 

I don't know what are you talking about. I never saw a sexually explicit building in Wurm, I can't figure out what is it about. Regard to lag we can do a stress test to discover what will happen. The problem is: if we could be able to build a house, why we would buy the existing houses?

31 minutes ago, Trustvainer said:

I don't know what are you talking about. I never saw a sexually explicit building in Wurm, I can't figure out what is it about. Regard to lag we can do a stress test to discover what will happen. The problem is: if we could be able to build a house, why we would buy the existing houses?

I'm not talking about Wurm, I honestly don't even know what that is. I'm saying for Identity if people had the power to build their own houses, a lot of people would build homes like that. You have a good point with the problem you pointed out, but I guess the only reason you would buy a pre-existing house is if you're not very good at building or you don't have time to build your own unique house! Regardless, I still don't think it's very likely they'll include building in the game. However, my suggestion for building (Because I would love to build my own house in the game) is to allow an option in private servers to enable building, seeing as you'll probably only allow well known/trusted players on your server, and will most likely not have any of the problems I listed before! :D 

Not sure if designing objects will be up to businessmen or will be something all players in different careers can do. Looking forward to finding out though. ^_^