Well, on community servers, I guess houses will be locked if you don't open it and things, but on public server with the MMO I'm wondering the same... 

Apartments will be instanced if I remember, so you can't access to them without invitation I guess. And houses will be probably locked as said @SkelOne because be stolen when you are disconnected like in Rust is raging :(

Oooh oh oh! I have something about this:

Here and here.

Your house won't disappear or be available for purchase when you log out, unless you log out and don't come back for long enough to miss paying your rent. There's a limited amount of houses on each server, you won't share houses from server to server, but they'll look the same by default. You can customize interiors when you purchase a house, can't change exteriors and I believe if you lose your house the furniture and decorations you bought are yours to keep and interior design changes to default. The only way to lose a house is if you stop paying the rent- you'll get kicked out and become most likely homeless, as the starting hotel will likely charge you rent aswell.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Vix said:

Here and here.

Your house won't disappear or be available for purchase when you log out, unless you log out and don't come back for long enough to miss paying your rent. There's a limited amount of houses on each server, you won't share houses from server to server, but they'll look the same by default. You can customize interiors when you purchase a house, can't change exteriors and I believe if you lose your house the furniture and decorations you bought are yours to keep and interior design changes to default. The only way to lose a house is if you stop paying the rent- you'll get kicked out and become most likely homeless, as the starting hotel will likely charge you rent aswell.

Thanks Vix! <3

• Like 1

Just make sure when you spend a lot of hard earned money on a house, it's a server you like, so you don't waste your money and realize you don't like that server. 

• Like 2

I believe a apartments is its own instance, so you need an invite to get into peoples homes, cant break in. Atleast with apartments etc, not sure about standalone houses 

1 hour ago, Vix said:

Here and here.

darn i was hoping you could buy multiple houses. for the aspect of renting them out more than just owning it.