Arky

Band's, Music, Guitars and other Instruments

Well I haven't really seen this type of post anywhere even when I look it up.

I was rewatching one of the Trailers for Identity and heard him talk about them implementing a system that resembles a skill tree. And it would be used for each job that you did, either criminal or abiding by the law. 

Well this got me thinking about music because I plan on making a band in game. There could be a system in place for guitarist's, drummers, bassists and singers. 

Guitarist:

(Let's say there are ten perks for each instrument)

1- Welcome to the Crossroads, your soul is now destined to be a guitarist. 

2- Figured out how to add effects to your studio and live performances 

3- You can now play cover songs with ease

4- You unlocked tapping

5- You can now make 5% extra cash from live performances 

6- You earned a record deal

7- Party on, drugs now have a longer effect on you

8- You can now customize your guitars looks and equipment 

9- Guitar Hero, you can now save your music by memorizing, no more mess ups for you

10- You've reached your peak, you can now perform solo or keep playing as a band

And it would be something similar to those but for Singers, Drummers and Bassist. It would be awesome if we could customize the shape of our guitar to look like an Ibanez, Strat, Gibson, Goodrich and more. Replace our pickups, tuners, tremolo bar, strings, pickgaurd, fret inlays, knobs, switches, headstocks and more. 

We could have different pedals for different sounding music

Distortion 

Reverb

Tremolo

Phaser

Sweep Echo

And even more if we'd like. We could sign up at bars and just hangout for a few hours playing songs. And if we got good and enough people wanted we could have our music played on player owned radio stations and even have a few of our songs in the Karaoke Bar.

Thats about all I got for now, thanks for reading guys.

• Like 1

Dude, are you a genius or something?! This is awesome! I would totally want to play a electric guitar with that skill tree!

1 hour ago, AlphaWolf13 said:

Dude, are you a genius or something?! This is awesome! I would totally want to play a electric guitar with that skill tree!

It could be possible. Bass could have slapping techniques. Drums could have double kickers. I like the possible expansion 

You wanna make a band bro?

Sure why not? :D

Sweet, do you play guitar in real life?

While this is a really cool idea, it is a lot of extra work for the devs to implement. They are a small team and are still trying to get all the core features implemented. Musical instruments are definitely "fluff" for the game and probably won't be implemented at all, but definitely not at launch, especially to the level of detail you have described them.

However, the devs did say there would be concert halls and you could put on a live concert using Virtual Audio Cable. This being a sandbox game means that just because what you want to do isn't hard coded into the game, doesn't mean you can't do it, as long as everyone is willing to RP.

14 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

While this is a really cool idea, it is a lot of extra work for the devs to implement. They are a small team and are still trying to get all the core features implemented. Musical instruments are definitely "fluff" for the game and probably won't be implemented at all, but definitely not at launch, especially to the level of detail you have described them.

However, the devs did say there would be concert halls and you could put on a live concert using Virtual Audio Cable. This being a sandbox game means that just because what you want to do isn't hard coded into the game, doesn't mean you can't do it, as long as everyone is willing to RP.

I watched the video and they said they were going as deep as playing all types of chords on a guitar. While I understand their small team, it wouldn't be too hard to make pre existing objects in a engine they're getting comfortable with. But, what do I know. All I'm saying is that if they think they can do it I'd love to have. Even if it's in some sort of expansion 

4 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

I watched the video and they said they were going as deep as playing all types of chords on a guitar. While I understand their small team, it wouldn't be too hard to make pre existing objects in a engine they're getting comfortable with. But, what do I know. All I'm saying is that if they think they can do it I'd love to have. Even if it's in some sort of expansion 

I remember saying they wanted to, but I don't remember any official confirmation.

But anyway, fair enough.

18 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

I remember saying they wanted to, but I don't remember any official confirmation.

But anyway, fair enough.

If I may ask, what do you plan on doing when the game comes out?

5 minutes ago, Cornholio said:

If I may ask, what do you plan on doing when the game comes out?

Running a private bank. Issuing interest to account holders in exchange for loaning money at a higher interest rate and making a profit.

6 minutes ago, uncannierlink said:

Running a private bank. Issuing interest to account holders in exchange for loaning money at a higher interest rate and making a profit.

Well, that's not what I expected at all. I was expecting something like "I'm going to be X but then I'll do X" Like most of the others. Good that you have a solid plan.

5 hours ago, Cornholio said:

Sweet, do you play guitar in real life?

Yes, which is why I want to play in Identity :D

4 hours ago, AlphaWolf13 said:

Yes, which is why I want to play in Identity :D

Sweet, I play too. Van Halen, Metallica, Nirvana, Foo Fighters. I love playing guitar. So much fun. What do you play?

Well... right now I'm just learning, so I can't do anything too crazy, but I love all those bands you mentioned and so many more. To name a few: AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest, and you can't forget Ozzy Osbourne!

26 minutes ago, AlphaWolf13 said:

Well... right now I'm just learning, so I can't do anything too crazy, but I love all those bands you mentioned and so many more. To name a few: AC/DC, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest, and you can't forget Ozzy Osbourne!

Back In Black is the most satisfying song to learn. That and Hells Bells. And Ozzy has too many good songs to play. Mama I'm Comin Home is a good one 

I want to be a pianist when this game is released, make music, as I do in real life, and many more that could be done in game if not irl. 

10 hours ago, LifeisReal said:

I want to be a pianist when this game is released, make music, as I do in real life, and many more that could be done in game if not irl. 

They're always a welcomed edition to bands. Freddie Mercury, Eddie Van Halen and a lot of others. Pianos and guitars go very well.

Would be very interesting to see some of these ideas implemented in Identity!

Im guessing there's a workaround though. Since singing is captured by microphone, I might be able to hook up one of the mics from my project-studio and run full recordings while live performing. ??? I guess time will tell. ;) 

I play keys, guitars, drums, and sing on occasions, besides running a project studio where I produce, record, and do songwriting for other performers as well. This game could be a seriously fun way to outlive a crazy alter ego lifestyle. Looking so forward to it's release. 

I hope to put on a "Muse" concert when Identity releases. I can play most of their set-lists on guitar IRL, so some way of porting that into Identity would be great.