Sporan

Private Investigator

I don't particularly believe this belongs in the Precinct, so I'll ask here.

We already know that there will be no undercover / plainclothes policemen. This is confirmed. However, what are the rules regarding a civilian, not associated with the department, investigating a person or association? Would they allowed to be undercover? Considering they can't make arrests, and aren't on the police payroll. I would imagine this is different since they aren't undercover police.

Thanks! :)

Most likely the devs will allow civilians to submit in reports of crime activity however they would not be allowed to work a case as a civilian because that would be impending with an investigation which is illegal. Just my opinions on it but good question this is something I thought for a while so thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention.

I plan to be a Michael Westen... Being a roll playing game where "you can do anything", I'm hoping that there's nothing stopping one from free-lancing and spying on people. Or go head-to-head with a gang with that gang is harassing a player or think someone is planning to screw them over. 

Now that I think about it - I can't think of any reason why you'd need a P.I. in this game. 

Screw it, cocaine smuggler, it is. xD

Edited by MrVice
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2017 at 2:17 AM, CadeStrikemen said:

Most likely the devs will allow civilians to submit in reports of crime activity however they would not be allowed to work a case as a civilian because that would be impending with an investigation which is illegal. Just my opinions on it but good question this is something I thought for a while so thank you for bringing it to everyone's attention.

A PI doesn't impend on investigations if they do their job correctly. You get permission from the spouse to help investigate if they've gone missing and they do their job. Usually PI's are former officers so they have the respect of the officers and they'll be aloud to help out. It all depends on the situation.