PigBenis

I have a lot of questions about this game.

Question

I dont remember how i yesterday found out about this game, as i forgot everything about yesterday except that this game is under developement.

So my question is

1. If i want to live in a forest in a caravan, is that possible? Can i live a life in peace and go fishing when i want and go hunt other animals and sell the meat and fur?

2. Since im gonna live in my forest if thats an option maybe i want to take the train to the city, how long will that take? (Please dont make it possible to skip the traveltime as that will probably make the world feel smaller and i wont get the same feeling  when i get in to the city.) 

3. Do i have to eat,drink and sleep to survive? 

4. Will i as a player stay hidden (other players wont know im not another pedestrian or what its called) if i dont start to shoot or do any other criminal acts?

5. What happens when i die? 

Best regards

PigBenis

5 answers to this question

I like the caravan idea.

I have only been reading questions for a few days. So I can answer just one.

3. No. You do not have to eat and drink to survive. Though eating and drinking does provide boosts like speed boosts or stamina boosts, that kinda thing.

Thanks for the answer Banteel. I like that solution as that is something food actually gives you, boosts in several ways.

Im so hyped about this game. I was about to implode when GTA V was announced, but THIS! IS! BRILLIANT! 

I usually read facts as much as i read instructions, not at all that is, but i read that the driving physics will be something like GTA IV, will that still be gta when we come up in greater speed? Or will it transform to Watch Dogs? I dont like that microstuttering bluring effects W-D has.

5 hours ago, Banteel said:

I like the caravan idea.

I have only been reading questions for a few days. So I can answer just one.

3. No. You do not have to eat and drink to survive. Though eating and drinking does provide boosts like speed boosts or stamina boosts, that kinda thing.

Can I ask where did you get the info from? Because yes your right about you don't need to eat, drink or sleep to survive but for the year I have on this forum, I for one have never seen that they will give you boosts as that is not the case and you have definitely miss read the information! If you don't eat or drink you won't get boosts but you will not to do other things like you will lose stamina quicker and not be able to do as much things. Sleeping will have sort of the same things most likely I am not sure but the food and drink is to allow you to function normally but you don't necessarily need food, drink or sleep.

@PigBenis

I usually read facts as much as i read instructions, not at all that is, but i read that the driving physics will be something like GTA IV, will that still be gta when we come up in greater speed? Or will it transform to Watch Dogs? I dont like that microstuttering bluring effects W-D has.

Well, the driving will be like/ similar to GTA IV as it had very realistic handling unlike GTA V. They have not mentioned anything about watch dogs. As for the questions, here are my answers;

1. You can live in a mobile home in the forest I guess and yes go hunting for meat (IDK about the Fur) Fishing also you can go do.

2. I am sure that you will have to sit on the train when taking it and so you won't have a loading screen because that means interact with other players will be missed and the devs are heavily against the missing interactions.

3. I answered above because the other guy gave info I have never seen.

4. If you are on official servers, your name will I think be above your head and so everyone will know who you are however unofficial servers can make it so you have to greet said person before they see your name.

If you are wanted for minor activity no one will no that unless a witness sees, however if you are highly wanted I think you will be seen by everyone that you are wanted.

5. If you die, you will have the option to wait for a paramedic to revive you or respawn at the last bind location e.g. your apartment/ house.

Please use the resources more as like the 2 FAQ's which are linked in my signature at the bottom of all my posts. (Over 2000 posts) which is hard to miss.

I hope I have given you adequate and as accurate answers you were looking for.

Regards,

James

Edited by JamesLuck01

6 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Can I ask where did you get the info from? Because yes your right about you don't need to eat, drink or sleep to survive but for the year I have on this forum, I for one have never seen that they will give you boosts as that is not the case and you have definitely miss read the information! If you don't eat or drink you won't get boosts but you will not to do other things like you will lose stamina quicker and not be able to do as much things. Sleeping will have sort of the same things most likely I am not sure but the food and drink is to allow you to function normally but you don't necessarily need food, drink or sleep.

Ooops, my bad. Nowhere does it say that Food and Drink give you boosts.  I remembered it incorrectly.  The reality is that Food and Drink avoids DeBuffs, not giving you Boosts but avoiding DeBuffs. Like having your stamina and stuff last longer because you ate or drank so you won't receive a faster reduction of whatever starving would do to you.

So, to recap.  No Boosts, but there are DeBuffs for not eating and drinking?

5 minutes ago, Banteel said:

Ooops, my bad. Nowhere does it say that Food and Drink give you boosts.  I remembered it incorrectly.  The reality is that Food and Drink avoids DeBuffs, not giving you Boosts but avoiding DeBuffs. Like having your stamina and stuff last longer because you ate or drank so you won't receive a faster reduction of whatever starving would do to you.

So, to recap.  No Boosts, but there are DeBuffs for not eating and drinking?

yes exactly.