ArCaNe

Questions about the game

I was told by my friends in Arma 3 RP server that there is so called new game were you can be anything. I doubt that it will be possible, in my opinion this game will be same as no mans sky was, because letting a player do ANYTHING will take you a decade to develop such a game. But that's just my opinion. I came here to ask some questions about the game that I can't clearly understand. 

1) Regarding PD. I love roleplaying as a police officer and this question is regarding detectives. Will they add undercover cop cars for detective work? If not I recommend implementing them, if you want to have realism in game.

2) Again regarding PD. Outfits and uniforms for each ranking officer. How will they look? I would suggest taking a look from real life LAPD outfits and implomenting them.

3) Government. How will system work. Will there be a Mayor or a president? Can he regulate taxes and make laws take down businesses?

4) Criminals. How will criminals RP? Will there be such thing as initiation, which I hate in Arma RP, in order for them to start the robbery or how is it going to be?

5) Vehicles. Will vehicle handling  be same as in Arma or GTA 5? What will be the top speed of sports vehicle? Will there be an option to be a street racer and have your car tuned and have NOS system? 

6) Businesses. How will business system work for player? Lets say I own a 24/7 shop. Can I employ people by inviting them into business faction or how will that work?

You see I am very sceptic about this game. They say they will make it so player can anything they can imagine. I say you need 10 years to make this game like you told us in your YouTube video. I might be wrong and this game becomes by far the best game I will ever play but I better stay sceptic and see what Devs can show with this game before I put my hopes up.

Please answer as detailed as possible so I know what to expect. So I better know what I am buying before wasting my money, like many did with No mans sky. Have a lovely day/night/evening. :) 

Edited by ArCaNe
  • Like 3

There will not be undercover cop options from what I've heard. They want people to know who the cops are. Detective or not.

They already have police uniforms, and they look very much like laps uniforms. There is also a light brown state trooper type uniform I believe.

There will be player voted Mayors. Yes, they can control taxes and laws.

Not sure if you will need to be initiated for gangs, but the gangs will be run by players not npc, so for rp sakes I'm sure there will be some kind of task to complete.

There is customizing options and tuning options foe cars, there is a racing rp available in game as well. I believe there is going to be racetrack(s) and there will be illegal street racing. Not sure about nitrous systems haven't released that kind of info yet.

For businesses yes you can hire other players to work for you. For boring tasks like standing at a register npc's will be in place.

As for you being sceptic, it's completely normal. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little sceptic. The only thing is, don't compare it to games like No Man's Sky or an rp mod. This is a built from the ground up RP game. It's not trying to be anything but a game where you can socialize and play in character completing tasks. It's a unique mmo, nothing else like it to compare it to. 

I suggest for you not to purchase anything until you see what the game is about through module releases, watch videos on youtube.

Hope I helped

Ps. If you need help moving into a new residence or you start a business and need inventory shipped just give Fox Freight a call!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Homicyd said:

There will be player voted Mayors. Yes, they can control taxes and laws.

@ArCaNe Yep but they are called "Governor".

Laws won't probably be able to take down a company...

1 hour ago, ArCaNe said:

5) Vehicles. Will vehicle handling  be same as in Arma or GTA 5?

No, GTA 5 is arcade like and Arma is just terrible, the handling will be better than Arma 3.

1 hour ago, ArCaNe said:

What will be the top speed of sports vehicle?

I would say they will try and make top speeds as realistic as possible but so far no info given really as cars will be one of the last things worked on/ developed.

Like @Homicyd said above, choose wisely and well if you feel it will be like a "No Mans Sky" then wait till game play from the modules but remember that if you back the project start at the lowest pledge and work your way up because it's in development and well it could be delayed a lot. No one can make you pledge, we can only advise you.

18 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

No, GTA 5 is arcade like and Arma is just terrible, the handling will be better than Arma 3.

I do agree that GTA5 had arcade driving in terms of speed, grip and crashes, but in terms of functionality and physics it's amazing. Tho GTA4 had soo much better driving and if Identity would have any similar physics to that with only more realistic transmission it would be amazing.

• Like 1

Its too bad that they don't want to add undercover vehicles. I mean I know for sure there will be players who will go over the speed limit and as soon they see a cop car they will slow down. But meh.. We will see how it is. Anyways thanks for all your replies. I appreciate your help. 

16 minutes ago, Ubbe said:

Tho GTA4 had soo much better driving and if Identity would have any similar physics to that with only more realistic transmission it would be amazing.

Oh yes I love GTA 4 with the vehicles, its 10x better. I hate the arcade stuff.

• Like 1

Just now, ArCaNe said:

Its too bad that they don't want to add undercover vehicles. I mean I know for sure there will be players who will go over the speed limit and as soon they see a cop car they will slow down. But meh.. We will see how it is. Anyways thanks for all your replies. I appreciate your help. 

Yes ,I would love it too if they have the undercover vehicles also a JTA system for cadets so they can actually get trained before roleplaying as cop to avoid messing everything up .

Also it would be nice if we know how the recruitment going to be like ? I mean the developers/managers will hire some High Command who will take care of the recruitment process "Mostly like SAMP and MTA in GTA SA" or it will be like everyone can join whatever he want .

Same goes for gangs & mafias  ,I would like to know if it going to be like just getting your mates and start rolling in your cars and using your houses or there would an actual system that identify you as a gang or mafia with vehicles ,hoods and turfs that belongs to the mafia itself .

Also what type of chat we will have in the game "Typing , IG voice chat or we will use programs like TS3 and Discord ?" ,also we will have commandes/codes that we will use IG or not ?

@Motown @HairyGrenade

2 hours ago, PotatoM said:

Also what type of chat we will have in the game "Typing , IG voice chat or we will use programs like TS3 and Discord ?" ,also we will have commandes/codes that we will use IG or not ?

Watch the kickstarter trailer and you will notice that Paratus said there will be "VOIP" and also will have text chat.

2 hours ago, PotatoM said:

Also it would be nice if we know how the recruitment going to be like ? I mean the developers/managers will hire some High Command who will take care of the recruitment process "Mostly like SAMP and MTA in GTA SA" or it will be like everyone can join whatever he want .

So far all we know, it could be just a tutorial process, as we have heard very little of this.