Capped

Writing Books

Hi, I recently was taking a look at the town square module page and saw that we will be allowed to write our own books. I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this so far.

Does anyone know if we will be paid to submit our books to the library?

Thanks in advance,

Capped

• Like 1

Anyone feel free to correct me, but I doubt we will get paid for releasing them to the library. It would be pretty cool though if there was a business that was sort of a publishing company and mass distributed your book around the game world, and took only a small royalty of the income. Come to think of it... I might add that feature to Bob Ross Inc

Was just about to suggest you add this to your business Bob. Haha.

But yes more than likely the only way for you to make money off of your books it through printing and publishing. I may actually join Mr. Ross as an editor if he'll allow me. My IRL job has a lot of down time and I would be willing to log on and edit peoples work, getting everything prepared for publishing.

15 minutes ago, WhtGhstBlckGhst said:

Was just about to suggest you add this to your business Bob. Haha.

But yes more than likely the only way for you to make money off of your books it through printing and publishing. I may actually join Mr. Ross as an editor if he'll allow me. My IRL job has a lot of down time and I would be willing to log on and edit peoples work, getting everything prepared for publishing.

PM me please, I would love to talk some more

This is so amazing, everything that I read about this game makes me even more excited for it. It's a shame we'll have to wait so long for its release. 

9 hours ago, sleepysadkid said:

This is so amazing, everything that I read about this game makes me even more excited for it. It's a shame we'll have to wait so long for its release. 

right? I already feel like such a badass knowing I'll be one of the most prestigious criminals in Identity.

Yes I know that sounds very cocky, but I am confident, so anyone who plans on calling me out on this, I don't care about your feelings. :D 

On 12/19/2016 at 11:04 PM, KingBen1223 said:

Anyone feel free to correct me, but I doubt we will get paid for releasing them to the library. It would be pretty cool though if there was a business that was sort of a publishing company and mass distributed your book around the game world, and took only a small royalty of the income. Come to think of it... I might add that feature to Bob Ross Inc

There has been no mention of payment, maybe at some point they may make Author a career, who knows. I know you can apply to have books published to the 'world' library.....i.e they'd be in all libraries not just a single server, at the very least you could certainly achieve fame as an author.

13 hours ago, Jinx said:

There has been no mention of payment, maybe at some point they may make Author a career, who knows. I know you can apply to have books published to the 'world' library.....i.e they'd be in all libraries not just a single server, at the very least you could certainly achieve fame as an author.

I agree, being an author could be very affluential. Luckily, I have incorporated a publishing house to my company, so in case there is not author career, authors will still be able to profit from there hard work. You are welcome to check it out for yourself, just click on the link in my signature.