Sign in to follow this  
nartuo4tail

hair growth

like say if i went a week without getting hair cut or shaveing mine bread or hair  it should start to grow some each week like something they did on the witcher 3

• Like 1

1. They have confirmed that most hair styles will be static and none of them are going to grow, Many people asked this and suggested it but for performance reasons it can't be in. On the other hand if they figure a way to get around the issues then it could be possible future release!

well hope future release anyone that gets this game going to have a good computer so i think we be able to handle the performance its pc anything possible..:D

I don't really understand why this would be a performance issue, more like modelling resource limits.

• Like 1

it would be performance issue because that would be a lot(A LOT) of calculations needing to be done for every single character in a given server. now if they kept it static but say every month or every other month they grew it just slightly that would be a lot more capable to maintain since it would literally just be checking a date once and if it's been like 31 days then it grows it, if it's been less than 31 days then no more checks need to be done.

• Like 1

On 2016-12-24 at 4:16 AM, ghhoooooooooost said:

it would be performance issue because that would be a lot(A LOT) of calculations needing to be done for every single character in a given server. now if they kept it static but say every month or every other month they grew it just slightly that would be a lot more capable to maintain since it would literally just be checking a date once and if it's been like 31 days then it grows it, if it's been less than 31 days then no more checks need to be done.

Still don't think it would be an issue. It would be nothing compared to calculations of bullets, car damage etc. The calculations could be held clientside and then the server checks every 10 minutes, unlike things like gun fire which it has to check every few milliseconds. It would be such a tiny thing for the server that it wouldn't be noticable.

• Like 2

On 25/12/2016 at 1:30 PM, Ubbe said:

Still don't think it would be an issue. It would be nothing compared to calculations of bullets, car damage etc. The calculations could be held clientside and then the server checks every 10 minutes, unlike things like gun fire which it has to check every few milliseconds. It would be such a tiny thing for the server that it wouldn't be noticable.

i agree with you here!

i don't know how they're going to do checks in games, but with assuming there might be 100+ people to make the space feel more realistic, that is a s**t ton of checks that it would have to do all the time while simultaneously checking for everything else, it also has to check what hairstyle you have, check if it can grow that style((such as an up-do like a bun or something seemingly can't be seen growing because that's weird)), change all the hairstyles you can get that can grow to match the newly found length, then it has to see who joined when so the server could be doing this check all the time depending on what time the person joined in. then we have to factor if the length will continue to grow while you're offline and if so it has to check that while you're joining a server, which no isn't a huge thing to do but in the long run could show some leg. having the check be more so to when hair actually gets noticeably longer, like about 2 months, is a LOT easier on the server no matter what. this might be a realistic game, but there are some things computers just can't do in a realistic mmo, we just don't have the power to do so many checks and then just keep adding on. it's a lot more than just checking every ten minutes, it's just another of the plenitude of checks that it will be doing all the time and it can, very easily, be the straw that breaks the camels back. i'm not saying hair shouldn't grow, i'm just saying that if we want that it should be more to when people actually notice hair growth which is about two months.

edit: forgot to mention that it has to check if your hair is curly, wavy, or straight. check the color, and if you're hair is multiple colors check which hair is going to be what color. then, if they allow it, check your race to see if you're black considering black hair is different than other races. it has to check how long it already is to see if it needs to interact with the environment((like rapunzel)). hair physics are NOT easy! that's why it's only in movies it's super intensive. hell disney had to make a whole new engine just for Brave because the chicks hair was so intense, and it was for her hair alone. i know it doesn't seem like much because it's "just hair" but it's extremely intense. look at witcher 3, it's used to check your gpu and while it's not a huge thing it does have real hair physics and that alone is super intense... it's just another of the TONS of things that make the game run like shit. the hair alone doesn't do it, but it's an added reason, and that's my point. the hair won't make identity run like s**t but it can easily be an added factor to make it plausible to run like s**t

Edited by ghhoooooooooost
some things i forgot to mention

On 18.12.2016 at 2:41 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

1. They have confirmed that most hair styles will be static and none of them are going to grow, Many people asked this and suggested it but for performance reasons it can't be in. On the other hand if they figure a way to get around the issues then it could be possible future release!

gandalf or bald?