QuannTann

Drones!

Okay, I was watching gameplay of Arma 3 and it occurred to me how a seemingly forgotten little aspect could be useful to the endeavors of the Identity Law Enforcement.

Now a disclaimer: that I do not own Arma 3 so I cannot say just how easily these UAV's handled nor how game changing they were.

Now knowing from reading through the forum and how Identity is placed in a Modern Era, I would like to assume that drones would be available to the people of the island.

So in turn my idea

The Police force of Identity could have small aerial drones, piloted by a user from a remote location, that could be used to scout out enemy locations in a building or a compound. Maybe they could use them to track a suspicious shipment down a highway, and by not using a cruiser therefore not alerting the trucker allowing him to be traced back to his supplier.

Now I know that this could seem ambitious and a little extravagant for a simple city police force to have. But from what I understand from reading the news, some cities in the U.S. have begun using these unmanned drones to do the same thing.

As well, I could see criminals getting these and using them to plan heists or house invasions, or plot routes through the city. Maybe even use them to watch a rival gang from afar and track where they post their guys or where they hide their supplies, or whatever!

But I could understand how y'all don't want this to be a life simulation over a military simulation, so you wouldn't want some military UAV drone flying around the city; Plus some people might cry privacy invasion since the drones can get almost anywhere.

Just an idea, though, so take it as you will. :) 

police-drones-latimes-2011.jpg

(An example of a small aerial drone that could be deployed from the trunk of a Cruiser or by the SWAT team)

• Like 1

The Law enforcement department should be expected to persuade the state to increase it's budget in order to purchase advanced equipment. For example, the department must provide the state with evidence confirming that the department has progressed with arresting criminals for an X amount of offenses while arguing that possessing drones could reduce the crime rate within the city. In the process, the citizens of the state could argue for or against such technology in order to secure their Right to privacy. 

Either way, drones does not appear to be a negative idea within the game.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DLimit said:

The Law enforcement department should be expected to persuade the state to increase it's budget in order to purchase advanced equipment. For example, the department must provide the state with evidence confirming that the department has progressed with arresting criminals for an X amount of offenses while arguing that possessing drones could reduce the crime rate within the city. In the process, the citizens of the state could argue for or against such technology in order to secure their Right to privacy. 

I was thinking more along the line of just starting off with them, but that sounds way better for the Roleplay. Great input, thank you! :) 

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

But you will get people on the drone all the time, and do nothing other than flying it which is a waste of a job i think but nevertheless it's a cool idea!

51 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

But you will get people on the drone all the time, and do nothing other than flying it which is a waste of a job i think but nevertheless it's a cool idea!

I don't think you would need to have a single person just for using the drone. You could just have a person who is a patrol cop as well as they are able to pilot a drone if the need arises! 

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Individuals would utilize the drone as a means towards conducting surveillance on a suspect or crime ring while numerous officers patrol the region in order to arrest the individual, identical to modern-day means towards attaining intelligence on powerful criminal organizations such as the Italian mafia.