Officer_P

SWAT

Can we get a clarification on the SWAT system? How and when will they be called? Will they have to wait until they are called? Can an officer be a patrol officer and swat at the same time?

First the town center module will be worked out. After that developers will start working more on police related features.

For now we have too wait and see. However I expect SWAT to be mostly consisting out of LEO experienced people. Due to the fact it's a game I'd also assume you will be able to patrol and once a SWAT call comes in you can respond to it in the correct manner.

On 12/8/2016 at 11:22 PM, Officer_P said:

Can we get a clarification on the SWAT system? How and when will they be called? Will they have to wait until they are called? Can an officer be a patrol officer and swat at the same time?

I think when there's a bank robbery or a hostage situation that police can't take care of. The players might have illegal ak's and the police at the time might only have hand guns so they have to call in the swat.

On 12/8/2016 at 3:22 PM, Officer_P said:

@Officer_P I have not seen any news come out yet about SWAT specifically.
In real life many agencies employ officers and senior officers that are a part of normal patrol operations and when a scenario arises that requires a special team like SWAT, those officers and senior officers switch respond to that scenario as SWAT. Many Agencies do not have a full time SWAT team and SWAT members are made up of regular and senior officers that perform normal patrol operations.

On 12/9/2016 at 10:37 PM, Samuel_Tsai said:

First the town center module will be worked out. After that developers will start working more on police related features.

For now we have too wait and see. However I expect SWAT to be mostly consisting out of LEO experienced people. Due to the fact it's a game I'd also assume you will be able to patrol and once a SWAT call comes in you can respond to it in the correct manner.

@Samuel_Tsai Thanks for that update on the fact that we can expect the devs to work more on police stuff after the town center module.
And I agree that SWAT would and should be made up of regular and senior officers that already perform Patrol duties.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:23 PM, Zeus said:

I think when there's a bank robbery or a hostage situation that police can't take care of. The players might have illegal ak's and the police at the time might only have hand guns so they have to call in the swat.

@Zeus In real life, police carry on their belt or vest a pistol. They also carry equipment including a shotgun and a rifle in their patrol vehicle for use when certain scenarios arise. SWAT is used on special operations like specialized building entry and clearing, hostage situations, active shooters, etc.

On 12/10/2016 at 4:57 PM, Shadow765 said:

When the suspect is heavily armed then I guess you call SWAT?

@Shadow765 When a suspect is heavily armed, you call the police, SWAT will likely be used when a scenario continues to escalate over time and police on scene are unable to end the situation.

Thank you all for your input. I understand you are all trying to help and I very well understand how police and SWAT work in real life. However I was looking for a clarification on how the developers were going to integrate this into the game and how it was going to work, not just for me but for all of you as it seems you are all in the dark as much as I am. To be honest I looking for an answer more from moderators and developers rather than equally blind players. Don't take what i said into offence, i may have worded it wrong, I'm very tired lol.