Hill

How do you envision hardcore role-play?

I'm personally curious as to how you a role-player envision a hardcore role-playing Identity server? I have some ideas myself, but I would love to know what you think!

For example, the MAXIMUM jail length; Sure, you can argue anything longer than 45 minutes is ridiculous being a "game" after all, but then again this is hardcore we're talking about here, can you really live up to that name with a slap on the wrist every time someone mugs Joe the homeless prostitute or robs that vape shop you like? I say hell no!.. So let's talk about that. ;)

Role-play for me is about the experience, and Jail as tedious as it may be is a tremendous part of what makes a good role-play community worth having be a part of your daily breakfast. Sure, serving some extra time might be tough and lugubrious, but isn't that what Jail is all about? The risk you take, you know when you decide to pull something a little extra greasy with a side of onion rings n' all.. Nobody *likes* time in Jail, and that's what makes it JAIL, and sufficing to the things people want simply to make it easier for them because it's a "game" is although your choice undermining the seriousness of it all. Communities that toughen down on these aspects like with cops, economy, time n' all earn my respect.. you can't always give the people what they want. Hell, I'm sure every person in jail wants less time, but do we give it to them just for asking for it? Hell no! Do the crime risk the time.

How much time am I talking?.. Hell, I don't know.. Let's say 6 hours absolute maximum. The average jail sentence for robbing a convenience store 45 - 90 minutes for example, every murder should add 60 - 90 minutes.

Thoughts?

Edited by Hill

34 minutes ago, Hill said:

For example, the MAXIMUM jail length; Sure, you can argue anything longer than 45 minutes is ridiculous being a "game" after all, but then again this is hardcore we're talking about here, can you really live up to that name with a slap on the wrist every time someone mugs Joe the homeless prostitute or robs that vape shop you like? I say hell no!.. So let's talk about that. ;)

I personally would have 1 week max jail time as it brings more role play and will cause people to think about their actions.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I personally would have 1 week max jail time as it brings more role play and will cause people to think about their actions.

Hell, I'd play there. xD  Now that's hardcore.

Edit: Oh, so I see you have plans for an Identity server. I'm intrigued.

Edited by Hill

4 minutes ago, Hill said:

Hell, I'd play there. xD  Now that's hardcore.

Sadly, I am letting my community decide what they want instead of me just choosing, as i want what they want too.

@JamesLuck01

I think one week is good if one the time pass outside the game  (not forced to play ) and 2 because asylum promised us a interesting jail system , one week in a arma / darkrp prison would be nuts but here I can see the point 

• Like 1

On another RP game / server I played on you can get up to around 9 hours in-game play. There was a jail for petty crimes which was around max 60mins. Then anything above that for the more serious crimes you went to a high facility prison. The idea around it was that there was enough RP in the prison itself that it made it interesting.

If you're going for that idea then you need to make sure that prison guards are around and are letting the prisoners into the yard etc and that there'll be enough people to interact with. If you don't have everything in place then what you get instead is people AFKing for hours which isn't ideal.

If you can actually do things in prison like in real life then I don't mind it being a long penalty. I actually plan on living in prison if there's things to do besides ogling your wall in your prison cell. So I kinda wish there was a life sentence.

@FishFace

I think you should be payed to get imprisoned in someone's else place like you can see in breaking bad , ppl would pay a lot to avoid sentences worth days 

I would definitely support long sentences like a week.

That being said, I would think that there should be enough to do in prison. This is a place where criminals can meet eachother, shank eachother, etc. There should be a system that allows you to go out of your cell, and actually  have things to do in Prison.

1 hour ago, ST_Helios said:

@FishFace

I think you should be payed to get imprisoned in someone's else place like you can see in breaking bad , ppl would pay a lot to avoid sentences worth days 

Oh yeah nice little idea actually. Someone commits murder and cops and detectives investigate and they're looking for a suspect right, and here I come like "I did it, yup it was totally me" but a bit more serious than that so they buy it lol. But I support that idea.

Edited by FishFace