Sign in to follow this  
Recon

An actual browser in game?

WIth the computers and TV's. It'd be great if we could use them as actual browsers with youtube and netflix support. itd be amazing to be able to go onto your yacht or your apartment and be able to watch videos with your friends. i feel this may be server heavy, but creating a simple browser isnt hard. 

post your opinions.

48 minutes ago, Recon said:

WIth the computers and TV's. It'd be great if we could use them as actual browsers with youtube and netflix support. itd be amazing to be able to go onto your yacht or your apartment and be able to watch videos with your friends. i feel this may be server heavy, but creating a simple browser isnt hard. 

post your opinions.

It would be pretty cool, having in games adverts would be cool as well, maybe even watch twitch streamers play while you sit down in the same game. xD

Just now, Jumes said:

It would be pretty cool, having in games adverts would be cool as well, maybe even watch twitch streamers play while you sit down in the same game. xD

Exactly like that. It'd be great. I could imagine facebook buying identity to use with oculus rift to then have a real life social media thing. that'd totally suck tho

1 minute ago, Recon said:

Exactly like that. It'd be great. I could imagine facebook buying identity to use with oculus rift to then have a real life social media thing. that'd totally suck tho

It would be interesting to be able to take photos in game with a phone/camera and be able to post them on a website of some kind.

4 minutes ago, Jumes said:

It would be interesting to be able to take photos in game with a phone/camera and be able to post them on a website of some kind.

That would be sweet

7 minutes ago, Recon said:

Ye lets keep those greedy facebook owners away :P

• Like 1

would be aweseom to see an in game browser, aswell as many of the aplications listed abouth

i dont know if its possible due to licensing issues, but i could be wrong 

Browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer (or "Edge") or any other browser are simplish to make (or so I've been told), but you'd have to find out if you could use a search engine easily on the browser, because all search engines require you to register your website to the search engine and accept their terms and conditions. It could be as simple as porting Google into the browser, which would bypass all this, but you'd need a legal rep to read deep into the search engine of choices' t&c's to find out. Good idea though!

24 minutes ago, jabba_the_slut said:

would be aweseom to see an in game browser, aswell as many of the aplications listed abouth

i dont know if its possible due to licensing issues, but i could be wrong 

I't'd technically just be a browser. Dont see any legal problems.

So from what I understand. Netflix is not a possibility, due to the copyright issues and licensing costs. However, it is planned, though NOT CONFIRMED  that you can rent out a movie theater for private screenings in which you could play YouTube videos with friends. Or so I heard >_> 

On 1/3/2016 at 1:59 AM, Harrigarno said:

Here's the go with the cinema movies:

56891b34c9bd3_Screenshot(5).png.47eb2143

Perfect, so that essentially means, if it's streaming online albeit a movie, tv series or radio station - it can be ported/shown/heard inside the game. I can't wait to see all the YouTube videos flagged for copyright though :D