Sign in to follow this  
fataldutch

This game feels too ambitious ?

they used to say its late 2016 - early 2017 (which is now the release date of the first beta access) , but the full game is probably late 2017 - early 2018. I have some doubts about the game, because they only show some screenshots from time to time and the only videos in 1.5 years are the 2 concept trailers probably made from unity assets. They said they are going to make a gameplay video sometime . well they say they finished it but they are not releasing it,which makes no sense.

they have 2 devblogs which is just absolutely ???. i get that this small team doesn't have much time to write big update's but  atleast giving the community a simple text every now and then is not hard.

This is not a rant, i just really want to know because i'm quite intrested in buying this. but i wont until the community atleast gives some replies on this. NOT mod's and admins. please.

Edited by fataldutch

I dont know where you got all this propaganda from since all you said is false! First of all when the announced the game thats the first time they started working on it so not much there was to give however we can see updates becoming more often so its not ambitious its reality

6 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

I dont know where you got all this propaganda from since all you said is false! First of all when the announced the game thats the first time they started working on it so not much there was to give however we can see updates becoming more often so its not ambitious its reality

how is this propaganda? these are facts. please enlighten me how my arguments are false? too be honest can't see any update's anywhere? 2 dev plogs posted with 6 months between them and a few screenshots from their twitter. wow.

Edited by fataldutch

I can get where you are coming from and a lot of people feel the same way but as you can see, information is being released a lot more frequently. The hard part has been finished and all thats left to do is the easy bits whether its putting in assets or small blueprints. I understand that the devs have stated many ETA's that they were wrong about and thats fair as they apologised about it and their bad PR. Its to be expected from a team this small. At the end of the day they did apologise so in my eyes they are getting on track. Yes the game may be out later than originally hoped but we can all now expect something from these guys.

18 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

He may have give a statement as false but his argument is perfectly ok.

16 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

how is this propaganda? these are facts. please enlighten me how my arguments are false? too be honest can't see any update's anywhere? 2 dev plogs posted with 6 months between them and a few screenshots from their twitter. wow.

Yes, they only gave a video with unity assets as it was a concept that they were trying to get funding for. They have had 2 dev blogs yea and its a bit little, they have also apologised and admitted they have bad PR (Public Relations) which they gave a justified reason to it. They just released a new announcement Click Me! 

The game play video you refer to as which you state:

33 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

They said they are going to make a gameplay video sometime . well they say they finished it but they are not releasing it,which makes no sense.

well there is something wrong here as MoTown stated that it is basically done, just paratus the project lead has to do the last part before they release it and well he prioritising his other different "co-existing jobs which i cant remember all but are The project Lead, A programmer and the last one i don't remember". 

One thing else is they didn't release 2 concept trailers as far as I am aware as well there is only the kickstarter one.

My advice to you is if you need more information on the project or just more content first then wait for it and then get the game if you are satisfied as there is no rush!

• Like 2

thank you everybody for the comments and not going full rage mode lol. i will wait a couple more months and see how state of developement is ! thanks for your time.

Edited by fataldutch
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, fataldutch said:

they used to say its late 2016 - early 2017 (which is now the release date of the first beta access) , but the full game is probably late 2017 - early 2018. I have some doubts about the game, because they only show some screenshots from time to time and the only videos in 1.5 years are the 2 concept trailers probably made from unity assets. They said they are going to make a gameplay video sometime . well they say they finished it but they are not releasing it,which makes no sense.

they have 2 devblogs which is just absolutely ???. i get that this small team doesn't have much time to write big update's but  atleast giving the community a simple text every now and then is not hard.

This is not a rant, i just really want to know because i'm quite intrested in buying this. but i wont until the community atleast gives some replies on this. NOT mod's and admins. please.

Like the other guys have already said, Asylum have been humble about their bad PR and I believe are now making a noticeable effort to pick themselves up. If you are new here however then I understand if you missed some of the details. I haven't really paid much attention to the deadlines as I knew they would be highly flexible from the beginning, especially for a small dev company. As a small dev it's very hard to predict from the beginning when betas and full releases will come around, after all they have other duties and their families to tend to, no doubt. 

Keep watch for the coming months and I think you will be satisfied with their progress. They have just increased the progress bar on the first module for starters. 

1 hour ago, LionKingGamer said:

I don't think you understand the meaning of the word 'Propaganda' And what he said was actually true, it's just you've seen the deadlines change before he has, clearly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fataldutch said:

Actually, a rant is exactly what it is because:

A - You're not an executive of Asylum nor are you a Dev, ergo you're not in a position to do anything, at all, about any of the things you mentioned.

B- All your questions have already been answered, and answered in this section of the forum, AND on page one, AND not just once.....so in fact you didn't even have to search for answers to your questions/concerns *rolls eyes*

(oh and in case you might have missed it, yeah that's sarcasm :P )

Edited by Jinx
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jinx said:

Actually, a rant is exactly what it is because:

A - You're not an executive of Asylum nor are you a Dev, ergo you're not in a position to do anything, at all, about any of the things you mentioned.

B- All your questions have already been answered, and answered in this section of the forum, AND on page one, AND not just once.....so in fact you didn't even have to search for answers to your questions/concerns *rolls eyes*

Do you know what rant means ? rant means to speak or declaim extravagantly or violently; talk in a wild or vehement way. I'm pretty sure i didn't. and i see nothing about these questions so please by all means link them to me. 

congratulations on making no point what so ever and starting a useless discussion.

5 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

congratulations on making no point what so ever and starting a useless discussion.

You already beat me to it m8 lol (and in case you missed it, that's irony :P )

Edited by Jinx

34 minutes ago, fataldutch said:

No links eh ? no suprise.

Yeah sorry about that, I'm not a huge fan of trolls, tell you what....how about you stop being lazy and find the answers yourself? They're ALL on page one of this section...like I said three posts back